“Great hotel and friendly staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport

Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Oslo, Norway
“Great hotel and friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

I stayed at the Arora in order to be close to Heathrow Airport. I found the staff to be friendly and service minded. I was considering on taking a taxi but was told that I could catch a free bus outside the hotel that takes you to the terminal hubs at the airport, only took about 10 mins. The Smith Restaurant had a good selection of food and excellent service. I stayed in a superior room and I found it to be in excellent condition. All in all I found this to be a great hotel and would recommend staying here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Kip K
Stephen C, General Manager at Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Arora Hotel Heathrow.

I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and found the staff to be friendly and helpful in advising you of the transport options available. It was also great to hear you enjoyed Smith’s Grill and liked your Superior room.

Thanks again for your feedback and I hope we can look forward to welcoming you back to Arora Hotel Heathrow again in the near future.

Arora Hotel Heathrow

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (537)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

I stayed in the hotel recently for one night on a business trip. The reception is modern, the rooms less so. It was clean and efficient but one gets the feeling they do the bare minimum and no more.

One issue that I find unacceptable is the speed of the internet service. These days, any hotel that caters for business travellers really needs to provide a high-bandwidth connection to ensure a good night worth of work can be done. However, the Arora has a mere 20 mb connection for the entire hotel; slower than most residential properties get - and this has to shared amongst all the users. I find it unacceptable that I lose the ability to work when I need to and will not be staying here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank DavidJBLevine
Stephen C, General Manager at Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Arora Hotel Heathrow.

I’m sorry to hear that you did not like the décor of your room. I have taken on board your feedback regarding the décor and style of the hotel, of which usually we do receive very comments. That said I appreciate that everyone has different expectations and I appreciate your honesty.

With regard to your feedback about the hotel Wi-Fi, we do actually offer two services; one unlimited free service which is low bandwidth and a super fast connection which you can upgrade to at an extra cost. I’m sorry you felt this service was not up to your expectation.

Thanks again for your review and we do hope that despite you previous visit that you will reconsider staying at Arora Hotel Heathrow at some point in the future.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 night and it was as if I should not leave. The room is very neat. The Hotel provide real value for money. It is truly a modern hotel. Permit me to say that this is the best experience I have had staying in an hotel. To me, it is a 7* Hotel. What I want them to improve on is the food in the canteen. Making it intercontinental will add more value

Room Tip: I was on the fifth floor which was quiet but I believe every part of this hotel is great.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review the Arora Hotel Heathrow.

I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel to be great value for money, modern and the room to your liking. Thank you also for your feedback regarding the choice and range of food in Smith’s Grill. I will include this with our other guest feedback in the next menu review.

Boca Raton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

My wife and I came from Spain via Boca Raton Florida where we reside. We were celebrating 45 years of marriage. We wanted a location that was friendly, close to Heathrow and not out of our budget. We spent five days there. The Smith Restaurant, when we ate there, was excellent. Most Hotels Cafes are not skilled at cooking. Smith had good cooks. We enjoyed seeing planes take off from our 3rd floor with no sound because of the double paned glass. It was clean, warm and we noticed lots of Flight attendants staying there along with the pilots. That is a good sign. I travel the world on my missionary work. So this was a good experience. Ted & Danelle Seymour.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review the Arora Hotel Heathrow.

I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay and I would like to wish you a belated happy 45th wedding anniversary, congratulations! I’m pleased you liked the location, friendly staff, quiet rooms and runway views. It was also great to hear your compliments about the quality of food in Smith’s Grill, I will make sure the team get to hear your feedback.

Thanks again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to Arora Hotel Heathrow again in the near future.

Paris, Ile-de-France, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

I have to say that I actually regretted my choice at the Arora. I thought it was much closer Heathrow than it is. I mean everything is close to Heathrow in that area, but to get to this hotel you after to take a bus or taxi, there's no shuttle bus specific for this hotel. This hotel gets a regular influx of travellers and has agreements with several airlines, so business will keep it brimming along. Good thing as well, as it was hardly good value for money. The decor, especially in the rooms is well-dated and even if the cleanliness was very good, it didn't fulfill me with an overwhelming glow of happiness in my choice. Plus there's basically nothing in the area, it's a taxi or bus to anything close by. Lastly, don't try to walk between this hotel and the airport, as it will put you in more difficulty than you can imagine. I tried this, as it was a splendid sunny day and the airport was just basically across the road. However, being just across the road and having a viable pedestrian access point are two different things.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main building, otherwise they might put you in the other section of the hotel...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review the Arora Hotel Heathrow.

I’m sorry to hear that you regretted your choice of hotel. I have taken on board your feedback regarding the décor and style of the hotel, of which usually we do receive very good comments. That said I appreciate that everyone has different expectations and I appreciate your honesty.

We do actually have three options for airport transfers, the first being the free public bus from Heathrow Central, the second being the new scheduled stop Hotel Hoppa calling at the hotel front door and taking you right to the terminal; this costs £4.50 per person each way and serves all Heathrow terminals. The third option being a taxi which is £12 to £18 depending on which terminal and the type of car booked, I do hope this information is useful for you for your next visit, should you stay with us again.

Thanks again for your review and we do hope that despite your feedback that you will consider the Arora Hotel Heathrow in the future.

San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

A transit hotel. Staying over to catch a flight or just coming off one and need to rest this would be the hotel .It is not a private hotel shuttle bus from the airport that transport you to the hotel its a local public bus that works in the airport area. It is free but drops you across the road from the hotel. There is a public crossing and a short walk but if you have a lot of luggage you might consider a taxi as it all has to be loaded snd unloaded of a busy bus. There is nowhere to walk to from the hotel so we ate in the resturant .
Lobby and bar are fine.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review the Arora Hotel Heathrow.

I’m pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, thank you for your feedback regarding transportation. The hotel actually offers three transfer options; the first being the free public bus (U3 to Heathrow Central for Terminals 1, 3 & 4 [for T4 change at Heathrow Central for the Heathrow Express] and the 423 for T5), the new Hotel Hoppa bus which stops at the hotel front door and runs up to every 20 minutes at peak times (£4.50 per person) or a private hire taxi which can be booked via reception.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Just spent 2 nights at the Heathrow Arora , and this follows a single night stay with car parking at the Gatwick Arora 2 weeks ago. Both hotels were modern , excellent service at reception , spotless, and the speed and efficiency of the service at the bar was very good. The Gatwick hotel provides a get-u-there , and pick up service for the airport, which is great.Talking about the Heathrow hotel , the proximity to the airport is very good , and you can take advantage of the free zone bus service to get into the airport. We had tickets for the Chelsea Flower Show ,and chose this hotel to use the tube connection to get there. The all day tube ticket is very cheap , 45 minutes to get into London and proved for me that , if I am going to spend a night or two in London , this is the way I will do it in the future( travelling from the West). Why ? - because the price per night for an excellent room with car parking really made it worthwhile. Breakfast prices are a bit high, but in London ? - probably not. Access to and from M4 was obviously very easy , so , I have to say, this Hotel chain has my commitment for the future - excellent standard at a great value price.

Room Tip: Every room is good
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review the Arora Hotel Heathrow.

I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and found the service to be excellent and the hotel to be modern, clean, efficient and conveniently located. Thank you also for your feedback regarding breakfast prices, we are currently good value in comparison to other Heathrow hotels who charged up to £20 for a cooked breakfast in comparison to £13.95 here at the Arora. However, your feedback is very valid and we will continue to monitor guest feedback regarding this.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Drayton
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport
Sofitel London Heathrow
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 Hotel
Hilton London Heathrow Airport

Been to Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!