“I won't ever go anywhere else in LHR or LGW”

Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Reviewed December 31, 2012

This was my second time at the hotel! Loved everything from location to service. I've stayed at Sheraton at LHR before too but must say Arora is going to be my choice from now on. The breakfast is very good. Internet could be cheaper but at least it's fast. Loved the closeness to the airport and the fact that you cannot hear planes take off or land even though you can just across the street from the runway ;)

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Daga H
Stephen C, General Manager at Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at Arora Hotel Heathrow.

I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and will be making Arora Hotels your first choice from now on! The team work hard to 'exceed expectations every time' - our mantra! So it's great to hear comments like yours...

Thanks again for choosing Arora Hotel Heathrow and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Kind regards,

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Stopped over here before flying out the next day. I really really quite impressed with this hotel, the rooms were clean and of a good size and the bed was very comfortable. What I was very happy with, however, was the quality of the meal, which was one of the best experiences I have ever had. It was absolutely wonderful, a bit a la carte, but nonetheless, plentiful and definitely worth the money. I would highly recommend this hotel (and so would a certain airline, judging by all the air stewardesses) and look forward to another stay here some time in the future.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ian g

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Arora Hotel Heathrow.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and liked the clean good size rooms and comfortable beds. In particular we were very happy to hear how much you enjoyed your dining experience in Smith's Grill, the team have put a lot of effort in to further improve the menu, food quality and service over the past months so it's great for them to see their hard work is paying off!

Many thanks

Reviewed December 24, 2012

Very spacious, very clean, very friendly staff, proffesional and smart. The bar staff were helpful and friendly. We thought the hotel was exceptional value for money. Our overall impression was excellant and looking forward to returning in the new year.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Stephen C, General Manager at Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review Arora Hotel Heathrow following your recent stay.

We are delighted you found the staff to be friendly, professional and smart and the hotel to be spacious and clean. Value for money is something we also pride ourselves on so it’s great to hear that Guest’s love that too!

Thanks again, and we hope you'll choose Arora Hotel Heathrow the next time you're in town!

Reviewed December 22, 2012

I've stayed here many times and its an Ok hotel. The rooms are small but very clean and quiet so I always sleep well and the bathroom is bright but lacking toiletries only 1 tiny bar of soap, no conditioner or body lotion. It's fairly basic, think along the lines of the Premier Inn only more expensive. The bar is fairly quiet most times and I've only had breakfast buffet which is fine not much choice but not really that expensive compared to most hotels in the area but the room service menu is very limited and overpriced £15 burger £18 curry.
It's fine for 1-2 nights stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Flyingbird9

Thank you for taking the time to review the Arora Hotel Heathrow.

I’m sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the hotel following your recent stay with us. The Aberdeen Angus beef burger on our room service menu does reflect great value for money with some of our competition charging almost £20 for a burger. Our toiletries are also selected from Gilchrest & Soames of London with additional complementary supplies available on request should you require them. I’m sorry if you felt these areas fell short of your expectations and we take your comments on board.

I was pleased to hear that you found the rooms to be clean and quiet offering a good night’s sleep. We are also currently reviewing our breakfast offering and appreciate your comments on the choice and variety. We do however, as you mentioned charge considerably less than other hotels for breakfast.

Thanks again, and we hope you'll choose Arora Hotel Heathrow the next time you're in the area!

Reviewed December 21, 2012

I ran a training course here this week. I have misgivings about using hotels as training venues but this worked very well. The staff couldn't be more helpfull. The lunches were really excellent, fresh, tasty and various. Rooms were serviced regularly and projector, flipcharts, pens all worked.

For those staying over, the bedrooms were comfortable and quiet.

Buffet breakfast also very good.

I did have feedback from those that ate in the restaurant - the menu prices were expressed without tax and they had a shock when the bill arrived.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are away from airport noise
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review the Arora Hotel Heathrow.

I am delighted you enjoyed your visit and found our conference facilities and lunches to your liking. I was also pleased to hear you liked our breakfast and quiet rooms.

Thanks again for your feedback and I do hope we can look forwarding to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

I look forward to staying in the Arora Bath Road. I stay there usually once a month.Room service is very good, the staff remember you by name and are very personabLe! We always eat in the restaurant and we enjoy the menu. It feels like home away from home. I love it there!

• Stayed: December 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review the Arora Hotel Heathrow.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us, in particular your review title of ‘Home of away from home’ was great to see as this is what we base our employee training programs on.

Thank you so much for your kind feedback, I’m looking forward to sharing this with the team.

Many thanks and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Kind regards,

Reviewed December 15, 2012

My wife and I have stayed at the Arora hotel a couple of times and generally had a good experience, a bit pricy but all of London is a bit pricy. The property is set to attract business travelers using an expense account, Flashy chrome and glass with dark woods and carpet. The staff was friendly and the restaurant had a nice feel.

Our most recent experience involved returning to Heathrow from Amsterdam just prior to the Olympics. Everything was good until I tried to get transportation from the terminal to the hotel, then I hit a huge snag. Before we left the US I spent lots of time lining up places to stay that would be convenient for what we were planning, and since we were on our way back to the US the following day, this hotel looked like a good bet.

This gets a little goofy, but stay with me. We flew British Air from Amsterdam to London Heathrow, we touched down at about three in the afternoon, they use terminal five. I had booked the Arora hotel on line, and other than the address given at the time of booking, I was unaware EXACTLY where the hotel was; only that it was near the Airport. As it turns out, this hotel is just off of terminal THREE, not terminal five which is at the extreme opposite end of the field. To make matters more muddy, there is another Arora hotel just off of terminal five with a totally different address. When I booked the hotel, I remembered it being very close by the airport, but I couldn't remember all of the details which made things a little dicey once we retrieved our luggage and were on our way out of the airport.

I took the hotel address to the taxi stand with the expectation that we would be headed off in no time, but instead we couldn't get a driver to leave his place in line for the short drive to terminal three. They were all waiting for city-bound tourists staying for the Olympics willing to sport the forty pound fare and a plump tip. I pulled out a hand full of pound notes and began trying to bribe any cabbie in line (ignoring the gestapo taxi agent at the front of the line), but I got nowhere.

One of the cabbies told us to take the free bus to terminal three, which boarded a few feet from the taxis. We took ourselves and baggage to the spot marked with a sign to wait for a bus. Several came, none were identified as being bound for terminal three. All were rude and in some kind of self-imposed hurry. None of the drivers had ever heard of the Arora hotel. Hmmmm.

I finally went back inside the terminal to see if the hotel had provided information somewhere inside. Nothing. I finally waited in a long line to have an 'agent' hire a cab for me. I was a twenty pounds for the five minute trip.

I take responsibility for not recognizing how I could have made this smoother, but the hotel (and everybody we talked to) seems to think that getting there is so obvious that there is no need for signage or any other assistance in understanding how to reach the hotel from terminal five.

Once we were checked in, we found the hotel as we had remembered it. There is no aircraft noise in the rooms, zero. If you decide to stay at this property on your way through London, make sure you understand how to reach it when you land.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank John C

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of our hotel following your recent stay with us.

Firstly, please accept my apologies for the confusion you experienced in trying to locate the hotel. As I’m sure you can appreciate Heathrow is a very large airport and individual hotel signage can be challenge given how many hotels there are in the area. Our website does contain detailed information on how to reach the hotel by car, bus, taxi, tube and train and our 24-hour reception team are always on hand to guide guests flying into the Heathrow on how to find the hotel.

I will pass your feedback on to Heathrow Airport Ltd regarding the problems you encountered at the taxi rank. Taxi drivers are obliged to take the fair they are allocated regardless of the distance and should therefore not refuse to take any passengers wishing to reach Heathrow hotels.

Incidentally the hotel at T5 is the Sofitel London Heathrow, our sister hotel which is owned and operated by Arora Hotels.

I was pleased to read that once you found the hotel you enjoyed your stay and found the rooms to be quiet for a restful visit. I do hope you'll choose Arora Hotel Heathrow the next time you're in the area!

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Drayton
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport
Park Inn by Radisson Hotel & Conference Centre London Heathrow
Sofitel London Heathrow
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel

Been to Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!