Harmondsworth Hall
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
Heathrow Lodge(West Drayton)
  • Pool
All reviewsb bguest housefull english breakfastbells puboff street parkingchain hotelheathrow airportfew minutes drivebreakfast was deliciousnext morningsecure parkinga lovely staytaxi farebreakfast roomlarge roomwould definitely stay here againan early flight
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 21, 2006

We stayed at this hotel on our way to Heathrow and it was excellent. We had a huge room and it was very quiet throughout the night, breakfast was also first class. Again, a bit of a mix up with the taxis - we stood in the taxi line at Terminal 1 but our driver did not know where the hotel was despite having the address. He reluctantly phoned them and then found it fine but we were charged about £18 one way - as it was 10pm by this time we did not complain. Our trip back to the airport was booked by the hotel and only cost £6. Would thoroughly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Laws1
Reviewed October 24, 2006

You could walk to Heathrow airport from here (rather than catch the free bus), yet this is a classic English village with two pubs, shop, post office and church around the village green. The hotel is very comfortable and informal, the owners are like old friends as soon as you walk in. Some of the rooms are unusually and surprisingly large. We used this as a base to go into London for a couple of days, which is a bit of a trek on public transport (with three kids) but it worked. The best bit is being able to walk out of the hotel, wander round the village and have dinner at the Five Bells. Good hearty English breakfasts round it out.
Good value and highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
2  Thank MP10
Reviewed October 18, 2006

We stayed here as an alternative to staying at the airport for an early flight. It was an excellent choice. Our room was very nice and our hostess was charming. It is literally moments from the terminals and much nicer and more reasonable than staying in a chain hotel. The building is authentic and the village is charming.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank nancyL
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 17, 2006

I stopped over here for 1 night between flights. I'm glad I did. The hotel is a 10 minute cab ride from heathrow. The room was large clean, warm and comfy.
As the rate was about half of the other airport hotels I was expecting a lower standard, but this was
not the case. The Breakfast was especially good. A word of warning(nothing to do with the hotel) The local Cabs seem a bit unreliable, so allow extra time for travelling to/from airport)

• Stayed: February 2006
13  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Perth, Western Australia
Reviewed July 30, 2005

Traveling through London with my family, I wanted a place to stay that would give us decent access to the airport, to London and also to Oxford, where we planned to visit friends. Finding an affordable room for a family of four in London is NOT an easy ask! I did a lot of research on the net before we decided on Harmondsworth Hall.

I often check the "last-minute rooms" sites when I want to get a sense of what is available out there. Once I have a pretty good sense of what is available, I usually contact the hotel directly to see what they have on offer. In this case, I got a better price, a very nice room...including breakfast for a pound or so more than a budget room WITHOUT breakfast at the closest competitor! ...that is breakfast for FOUR at that price!

We arrived between 9:30 and 10:00 in the evening. (Slight mixup with the taxi. Make SURE they know where you are, and how to find you...we had to call again for a second taxi to pick us up. This is NOT Harmondsworth Hall's fault though.) Elaine was very cordial when we rang the bell at nearly 10:00 pm. She showed us to our room, helping us with our bags, and explained all the amenities to us before she left us to get some rest.

The room had a lot of character. We have stayed in a variety of levels of hotel, and don't expect everything to be perfect. When you stay in a 17th century manor, you don't expect the rooms to be brand new, but we found our room to be quite comfortable! Ensuites in every room are a very nice touch in a heritage-type B&B.

In the morning, we slept in quite comfortably and got down to breakfast shortly before the end of breakfast service. Coffee, tea, juice and cereals are available for self-service. After we got started in on breakfast, Elaine came around, asked how we slept and took our orders for cooked food. Being a Yank, I had never had a "Full English Breakfast". Believe me....they didn't scrimp a bit! Toast, eggs, bacon, sausage, mushrooms, tomatoes...the WORKS! The breakfasts were a real highlight of our stay.

I must admit, I had a bit of difficulty getting the wireless internet to work on my notebook, but it could have been my settings that weren't agreeable. I used the computer in the lounge area and got access to the things I needed without difficulty. The lounge is a cozy little spot if you want to experience a bit of the heritage atmosphere while you read a book, watch a video on the massive wide-screen TV or have a chat with some of the other guests!

All in all, I felt that Harmondsworth was great value for money, and I will definitely go back if we are ever in need of a room near Heathrow again. The village is a little piece of living history, and will beat the commercialized atmosphere of a "normal" hotel hands-down, if you ask me. The time spent in Harmondsworth, and the time we spent in Oxford gave us the taste of England that we really wanted to experience...

Two thumbs up!