“Fantastic stay”

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Shrewsbury, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic stay”
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful place to stay. Welcomed upon arrival and made to feel at home. Very comfortable room for all 5 of my family.Lovely breakfast. The kids all loved Archie the dog! would recommend to anyone. Even told us about where to eat.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We have stayed here twice. We book a night here before our flight out of Heathrow.
Rooms are large, airy, clean & tidy. The En-suites are adequate for your needs. (not as spacious as the rooms-but not needed to be)
Lovely listed building with great character. Breakfasts plentiful with prompt service.
We also book our car in for the holiday duration as works out much cheaper than the airport parking.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Chania Town, Greece
Reviewed July 27, 2013

What a great little find this hotel is! I booked online expecting a pokey room for the few quid I paid and what I got was a lovely, spacious room in keeping with the Hall and the surrounding village.
I was guided in by the *owner who was really helpful with directions and all service.
I would definitely stay here again and recommend this little gem for a quiet and relaxing break in a well thought out hotel.

I didn't try the breakfast but they were accommodating as to when it was available.
I slept well - the bed was comfortable and very clean.

Overall I was impressed with Harmondsworth and highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I had the great fortune to stumble on this fabulous B&B some time ago. A group of us worked in nearby Staines, and we all commuted weekly from around the country . Having spent 18 months in virtually every hotel in Heathrow we found Harmondsworth Hall on LateRooms. Appearing to be too good to be true, (and fed up with all the impersonal hotel staff we were coming across) we all booked rooms for 1 week initially, but ended up staying there for 7 months until our contracts finished! We either went to the various local pubs or had takeaways delivered to the Hall. A house full of character and given its age of course you are going to get creeks!! A gorgeous garden and outside area was great in summer to while away the evenings. We were not the only guests staying "long term" so that is a commendation in itself!
Breakfast was second to none. I very rarely had breakfast in the other Heathrow hotels but never missed at Harmondsworth!!
If I was working anywhere in the London area I would stay here again and always recommend to all my friends and family to stay here when flying out of Heathrow. It's hard to believe that it is so close to the airport.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

After starting new job in London I needed a hotel/ BnB , the prices are horendous and would take a big chunk of my salary, after travelling from yorkshire down to the Smoke..I rang up and booked a reservation, so glad I did lovely welcome, clean tidy room, so Quiet, Breakfast delicious after good night's sleep..Bed a tad firm but ok staying weekly now Brilliant!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Saw great reviews on Booking.com and decided to stay here as an alternative to a chain hotel. It said lovely modern rooms & free wifi, which was very important to us, since we arrived late from overseas and needed to communicate with our family. We were given a small room on the ground floor, which smelled musty and had a microscopic bathroom, with the smallest sink I've ever seen, except on an airplane. The wifi did not work, and neither did the 3G phone transmission, so we were incommunicado, and we had needed to spend the evening doing Internet research. It was also cold, and got colder as the night wore on. By the time we discovered there was no heat, it was too late to bother our host. The next morning, she told us there was supposed to be an electric heater in our room. The room was also most definitely not modern, and not very clean either. Next time I will stay in a chain hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay in #10.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Beechwoodblue
Prather, California
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We chose the Harmondsworth Hall due to it's proximity to Heathrow.
Upon arrival, we stood in the hall for a few minutes, unable to locate someone to check us in and show us to our room. Finally, a kind woman emerged from a room (her residence) and welcomed us, showing us to our room.
As we carried our baggage to our room, we noticed (as we would throughout the night) that every step of the hotel was loud and creaky...
We reserved the family room, as we were traveling with our three teenage daughters. We were disappointed with the room. Not only was it old and in need of renovation, but the beds were incredibly uncomfortable and it did not feel clean or well kept. (All beds need replacing.) After not sleeping well all night, and getting up incredibly early, I went to make myself a coffee from our in room coffee maker. Fortunately I looked inside prior to filling it with water and found grime - disgusting. Needless to say, I did not make coffee, and instead sat down waiting for my family to arise. (I could not walk around, as the noise would have awaken everyone in the hotel.)
The hotel is difficult to locate (our cab claimed to not know where it was, and got lost with us in the vehicle), buses don't run close (we hoofed it for approximately a half a mile looking for the hotel with our iphone navigation working!)
I would choose another more comfortable, clean hotel next time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel

Been to Harmondsworth Hall? Share your experiences!