“Home from Home”
Review of Harmondsworth Hall

Harmondsworth Hall
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

After starting new job in London I needed a hotel/ BnB , the prices are horendous and would take a big chunk of my salary, after travelling from yorkshire down to the Smoke..I rang up and booked a reservation, so glad I did lovely welcome, clean tidy room, so Quiet, Breakfast delicious after good night's sleep..Bed a tad firm but ok staying weekly now Brilliant!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Saw great reviews on Booking.com and decided to stay here as an alternative to a chain hotel. It said lovely modern rooms & free wifi, which was very important to us, since we arrived late from overseas and needed to communicate with our family. We were given a small room on the ground floor, which smelled musty and had a microscopic bathroom, with the smallest sink I've ever seen, except on an airplane. The wifi did not work, and neither did the 3G phone transmission, so we were incommunicado, and we had needed to spend the evening doing Internet research. It was also cold, and got colder as the night wore on. By the time we discovered there was no heat, it was too late to bother our host. The next morning, she told us there was supposed to be an electric heater in our room. The room was also most definitely not modern, and not very clean either. Next time I will stay in a chain hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay in #10.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Beechwoodblue
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We chose the Harmondsworth Hall due to it's proximity to Heathrow.
Upon arrival, we stood in the hall for a few minutes, unable to locate someone to check us in and show us to our room. Finally, a kind woman emerged from a room (her residence) and welcomed us, showing us to our room.
As we carried our baggage to our room, we noticed (as we would throughout the night) that every step of the hotel was loud and creaky...
We reserved the family room, as we were traveling with our three teenage daughters. We were disappointed with the room. Not only was it old and in need of renovation, but the beds were incredibly uncomfortable and it did not feel clean or well kept. (All beds need replacing.) After not sleeping well all night, and getting up incredibly early, I went to make myself a coffee from our in room coffee maker. Fortunately I looked inside prior to filling it with water and found grime - disgusting. Needless to say, I did not make coffee, and instead sat down waiting for my family to arise. (I could not walk around, as the noise would have awaken everyone in the hotel.)
The hotel is difficult to locate (our cab claimed to not know where it was, and got lost with us in the vehicle), buses don't run close (we hoofed it for approximately a half a mile looking for the hotel with our iphone navigation working!)
I would choose another more comfortable, clean hotel next time.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Chrissy1993
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Inadvertently, they probably did us a big favour by stuffing up our booking.

We travelled for one month around various countries, and took pot luck with most of our travel arrangements. However, before we left on our holiday I pre-booked both the first and last night before we commenced our trip. For our last night, we had an early flight out of Heathrow, so I booked at Harmondsworth Hall to ensure we were close by and had a good nights sleep.

So, with my confirmation from weeks earlier in my hand, we rocked up to the Harmondsworth Hall Guest House after a long days driving, to discover that our room was not available. We were told that it was due to a leak, however after reading all of the other reviews I would wonder if it is another case of overbooking.

To Elaines credit, she had rebooked us into the Premier Inn so we weren't left entirely stranded. However, this was a basic motel, and we copped parking fees, no breakfast, taxi fees and it was a disappointing ending to a great holiday.

Reading the reviews, I now realise that it was probably a good save, as it doesn't sound like Harmondsworth Hall is very pleasant to stay in - but at the time we were shattered that our arrangements had fallen through. All we wanted was to crawl into bed, ready for the early start, but instead we lost precious time re-locating to the Premier Inn, and used a lot of energy in angst.

If you don't want to be mucked around with your accommodation, then don't take the chance by booking here. I don't quite get what the proprietor gets out of constantly overbooking, as it can't be a pleasant experience for her finding alternatives etc, but for whatever reason, its not fair to play with other peoples lives and memories.

By the way, the building looked lovely, and what we saw of the inside looked lovely too, so it might be a good proposition if you are prepared to wing it, and take your chance that everything goes OK.

Room Tip: Probably easier to avoid altogether
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Debbytp99
Reviewed June 13, 2013

JUst had another good night on the way to Heathrow. Graet breakfasts,very friendly and helpful owners [even looked after three plants for us while we were away!] and SOOOO peaceful although only a mile from the airport. Also great value for money and reasonable charges for keeping the car.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the room under the stairs!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night before flying out from Terminal 5. Friendly staff, lovely breakfast, comfortable room. This is a lovely old manor house (17th century) full of character. It's only 10 mins drive to Terminal 5 and there is parking too.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Kazlet
Reviewed May 3, 2013

This guest house is perfect for layovers as it is only a ten minute taxi ride from Heathrow Airport and in a quaint little neighborhood. The property is really charming (built in the late 1800's) but doesn't look as well tended-to as it deserves to be. My room was comfortable enough and I had my own bathroom (not all do), but there were boot marks on the walls (go figure) and the blinds and sills in the bedroom and bath hadn't been dusted in quite some time. A great local restaurant (the White Horse Pub) will pick you up and take you back to the guest house and the serve great burgers. The price of the room, which includes breakfast is very reasonable.

Room Tip: There are several types of rooms. Look at the room you are being given before settling in to make s...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Sofitel London Heathrow
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4

Been to Harmondsworth Hall? Share your experiences!