“Consistently Good Chinese restaurant run by a proud family”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Water Palace - CLOSED

Water Palace
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London
“Consistently Good Chinese restaurant run by a proud family”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We have been visiting this restaurant occasionally over the last couple of years and it never disappoints us in both the food and service which is a tribute to the family that manage the place.
We keep going back with the reassurance of good food and service and we don't hesitate in taking our family and friends to Water Palace for fine chinese food.
Keep up the good service and well prepared chinese food!!
I just wish there were more like this restaurant in Cambridge....

• Visited July 2012
5 Thank SG80London

Derbyshire
“Faultless”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Ate here with colleagues who recommended the restaurant and could not fin fault with the menu/service/food quality - all excellent! Will definitely eat here again.

Visited January 2013
6 Thank ScottPearson
UK
“Excellent Restaurant - great value for money”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

We've spent many great evenings in the Water Palace, but could never find it on TA to submit a review. The staff are wonderful - all with a cheerful sense of humour which enhances the experience. In particular, the matre d', who always greets us personally, and is there all the time to ensure we are enjoying ourselves. The food is excellent, and it's always good to see Chinese people eating in a Chinese restaurant. Great value for money, and we will continue to visit regularly.

• Visited November 2012
4 Thank AHassall
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Water Palace: high standard Chinese restaurant!”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We have just come home from the Water Palace, and I have to say: I am impressed. The service is excellent: the waiters were very attentive, yet did not hover around the table or gave the impression that one is permanently observed. They were very friendly and polite and observed the rules of waiting which are not there to distinguish the posh from the common, but because they make it comfortable for the guest: only seldom they served across the table.
The price was good: prawn crackers, a starter, a soup, the main course and a lovely desert for 18GBP per person. The batter of the sweet sour pork was crispy, they took care to present the desert in an appealing manner. The music in the background was not too loud nor was it trivial (not the typical Chinese covers of 80ies hits).
Whoever wants to experience a very good Chinese restaurant or needs an affordable restaurant on continental standards should definitely go to the Water Palace!

• Visited December 2012
8 Thank Robert17378
Uxbridge, United Kingdom
“The ONLY place to eat Chinese Food in Greater London! Fantastic!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have a been a frequent visitor to this establishment over the past 11 years since I moved into the area and I have to say it's THE best chinese restaurant for miles and I will go so far as to say THE best chinese restaurant I have ever eaten at!! It doesn't look like anything too special from outside (not that it looks shabby or anything like that!) but believe me don't let that put you off as an Aladdin's cave of culinary delights and tastes awaits you!! The food is EXCELLENT and always cooked to perfection, the service is second to none and it is very reasonably priced for the quality of food. I have never had a bad meal there in the 11 years I have been eating there. I especially recommend the crispy duck and pancakes - to die for!! All of the waiters and waitresses are very polite, respectful and so helpful along with the manager who remembers everyone who has ever eaten there - I think!! I cannot recommend or rate this restaurant highly enough, marks out of 10 does not do it justice!! Do not bypass this culinary experience, you will definitely be missing out :)

• Visited July 2012