“Exactly what you'd expect for the price”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Heathrow Lodge

Heathrow Lodge
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
New Haven, Connecticut
“Exactly what you'd expect for the price”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

After having read some of the reviews on here, I genuinely expected this place to be some kind of rat-infested slum (my wife made the reservation). In fact, it is exactly what I would expect given the price (we paid about £36). It feels like a set of houses converted into student accommodation, but in much need of refurbishment. Rooms are Spartan, with an old bed, sink and desk. You can actually smell jet fuel outside. On the other hand, our room was reasonably clean, and the place is very close to terminal 5; you just take the 432 bus (every 20 minutes from stand 6 outside T5 arrivals) and get off at the first stop. There are two pubs right next door, which is just as well as you will not be wanting to spend much time in your room. At less than half the price of any other Heathrow hotel - and much closer than most - you get exactly what you pay for.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gedlds

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Oslo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

Pleasant staff at check-in. Very thin walls. Very noisey. Sufficiently clean room, comfortable bed, but no sleep due to noise levels. Two days after using my credit card to pay the bill, my credit card was used by someone to make three online payments - someone else's British Gas bill (2 x £1000 payments were made on the same day), and to purchase flowers from Forever Green online (£75). It could of course have been anyone anywhere (with a British Gas account and an interest in flowers) who had extreme good luck when guessing my full name, full credit card number and three digit security code number (from the reverse of the card). Of course its probably purely coincidental that no one else had had my credit card number or details (I live abroad and have only recently got that card). If staying here (which I wouldnt recommend) pay cash - sure they'd prefer that too (or possibly may be not!)

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere. Pay cash.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank antony l
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

Finding a room at short notice anywhere near heathrow airport is hard, and pricey! I found this place and at £55 per night I was quite pleased, until u get to your room!
It's like stepping back in time, so run down and the walls are paper thin, you can even hear people snoring in other rooms down the hall! Never again!

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank steve t
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

Only gave a 1 as no option for 0!!! Absolutely disgusting. Arrived to find they had overbooked and they gave us rooms in 2 houses across the road. There was basically a bed in the room. No tea/coffee making facilities or tv as advertised. It stank of smoke and chip fat and was a house with long term lodgers. The whole place needed introducing to a cleaner. Notices everywhere stating short term lodgers ie overnight guests are not allowed to use the kitchen facilities not that I would have as they were a health hazard. The other house was the same. If I had been on my own I would have slept in the car at a service station. There's budget and then there's budget. I would definitely not recommend anyone stay here.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Helen E
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

Booked the hotel to stay 29th april for one night as I had an interview in Heathrow airport early the next morning, due to tube strikes within london it took much longer to get to the hotel that it should so although we had put in our estimated arrivel times between 11pm and midnight we did not arrive untill 1am. Walking in to the reception to check in two men were arguing with the man at reception. The man at reception then ignoring them spoke to us I gave hom all my check in details and he found our booking on the computer (although I dont know why he botherd) as he then told us as we had arrived after midnight our room was no longer availible at which point we discoverd there was a number of other in the same situation as us some of whom who had travelled from very long distances and it was their first tome in the UK. The receptionis was extremely unhelpful at this point and just kept saying because we arrived after a certain time (which he kept changeing) it was not his fault and there was nothing he could do we trying phoneing a number of booking companys including those we had booked though however due to tube strikes all the hotels in the area were full so we were stuck there. We also discoverd that in the lounge area blow up beds had been put up for other guests in the same situation these were also full. The receptionist was goong in to other guests rooms and seeing if there was a spare bed then commimg back and putting someone with no room in this spare bed I even heard a customer who was leaving in the early hours complain that although he had reluctantly agreed to allow anouther man to stay in the spare bed that it was infact a difderent person there the next morning!!! Therefore people had been waking in and out all night. After spening some ntime arguing woth the reception he ( accidentally) said all the rooms had been given away before he came on his shift at 10pm !!!!! Meaning even if we had arrived at the time we stated there would have been no room for us anyway. We eventually just had to accept the fact that we would be sat in reception all night even though there was not even enough seats there for us all !!! Around 4am I decided I may as well go and shower so my hair would be dry in time to leave around half 6 for my interview. I asked for a clean towel which I was given a towel however it smelt of smoke. At this point the receptionist said if we wanted to make our selves tea we could ( this was the first time we were oferd anything) I went up to the communal shower walking ip the stairs it smelt very strongly of weed!! , I went to shower anyway the shower head did not stay up meaning I had to crouch down in order to actually shower. We then sat in the reception untill it was time to leave. I then arrived at my interview haveing not slept for 24 hours at this point I tjen found ot very difficult to concentrate and was shakeing due to lack of sleep unsupriseingly I did not get the job making my journey and experience pointless. However while at the interview I was talking to anouther candidate who had stayed at the same hotel she had been 'lucky enough' to acctually get a room. She told me how she was certain there was a rat in her room as she could hear scratching all night under her bed this made it difficult for her to sleep there was also people trying to get in her room most of the night. She had booked a en suite room but was given a room with shared bathroom facilities as hse arrived befoee 8pm this suggests the giveing away of rooms had already begun by this point!!! Overall the worst hotle experience I have ever had and would highly recommend no one to go there

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Laura H
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

I booked this hotel as I had interviews at heathrow mon 28th & tues 29th. I checked in on Sunday 27th. As soon as i walked into the building it stunk of curry. We were given the key and told where the room was. The room was fine. Bog standard room on first glance. However, there was mould everywhere. On the skirting boards, on the window sill, on the curtains. The bed was a queen bed which felt like you were lying on blunt spikes because the springs had gone. I turned over my pillow to find black hair underneath. The "ensuite" was a plastic pod which again was covered in mould. From the moment I entered the room I felt dirty and even went to the shop to buy scented candles and air freshners. After my first interview today 28th April, I returned to the room and felt I could not stay here any longer so I checked out and have just checked into a hotel close by. The staff on reception were polite. But to be honest I would never stay there again. It's not nice when you feel dirty and itchy as soon as you enter a hotel!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Rachaelouise1989
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

Arrived at Heathrow at 11PM connecting to an 8:30am flight from terminal 5. I looked for a cheap place that had shuttle service and possibly wifi. The places I saw were about £200 while this one was £30. I knew it would be a shot in the dark, but it seemed better than sleeping in the terminal.

1. Getting to and from the airport.
I was arriving late (11pm), and the hotel's free shuttle would be closed for the night. I saw in one of the reviews that the local bus 423 was free to the hotel and that it was the first stop from Terminal 5. The last busses of the day were around 1 AM, so I felt confident that I would make it. I did. My suggestion is to download the local bus schedule. The hotel shuttle bus back to the airport would take 45 minutes because it stopped first at Terminal 3. The local bus 423 could be taken back to T5 in 5 minutes. Local service was fine and free as advertised.

2. The room. As I said, every good or bad review seems to be true. When I arrived at the front desk, a man was asking for anything to cover the spring sticking through his mattress. He was given another set of towels. My room was across the street. The hotel's business plan seems to be to buy up the houses across the street as they come up for sale. Then the bedrooms are given an individual lock on the door. You share the bathroom with the others in your housing unit, 3 or 4 depending on the house style. It actually seems a reasonable plan.
My room was fine, although the bed was soft. I slept fine for the few hours I was there. Unlike another review, I did have a sink in my room. The bath was reasonable clean. Imagine going to visit your relatives and sleeping in the worst room in their home. That's about it.

3. Overall thoughts.
I would never go there with my wife; she would be the one writing the horrible reviews.
I would go there again by myself. It met my needs and was cheap. I knew that I would get a shower in the morning at the BA lounge in LHR., so I didn't have any problems.
What do people expect for £30?
A backpacker would be satisfied.

Room Tip: I paid £3 more when I booked to have a twin room. I figured there would be more space. There was.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
easyHotel London Heathrow
easyHotel London Heathrow
#20 of 23 in Hounslow

Been to Heathrow Lodge? Share your experiences!