“We didnt expect much and we were not dissapointed”
Review of Heathrow Lodge

Heathrow Lodge
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I was really scared after reading the reviews but as we would only be in the hotel for 6 hours we decided to keep our reservtion. We had no issues with check in and the guy on reception was very helpfull getting us to the hotel as the shuttle had finished. We booked a room with an ensuite (an absolute must) and the bathroom was like a portaloo, toilet and shower all in a small cube. The bed was extremly uncomfortable and squeky,the room very dated. But the room was spotless to be fair. I took ear plugs after reading the reviews which was the right thing to do because it was very very loud all night! The shuttle the next day took 45 minutes not 5 as advertised as it goes via the other 3 terminals, so make sure you book an early one so you dont miss your flight. Overall it was ok for the price (£36) and the small amount of time we were there

Room Tip: Book your shuttle the night before and choose an earlier one, it takes 45 to terminal 5
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 3, 2013

We stayed here for one night as we had an early flight leaving Heathrow Terminal 5 the next morning.

We caught the public bus from the Terminal which leaves from right outside, however we got confused where to get off and ended up 3 stops to far where some nice man told us where to go. Each stop in the Free Zone has a red letter above the bus stop sign, which we didn't notice until later. Keep an eye on those to know where to get off. The busses are standard double deckers and aren't very luggage friendly, but it's only 5 minutes form the terminal so too easy. You want the first stop on the 423 bus, labelled "K", it stops almost directly outside.

Check in was fast and easy, requested a downstairs room as we had luggage and there's no elevator, got it.

Wifi is 4 pounds for 24 hours and is a decent speed. Free wifi at the pub across the street if you are on a budget.

TV was big and had lots of channels!

Bathroom was small, smelt like pee and had a tiny shower that had a mind of it's own, it got me clean so can't complain.

The planes going overhead definitely make themselves known, however I didn't mind it. I just shut my eyes and pretend we were living in the future, they didn't disturb my sleep.

Walls are very thin, you can hear everything... again not an issue for us however it probably was to the people next to us, if you're reading this - sorry.

The pub across the street was awesome! Great food selection, indian, sushi and standard pub stuff... very tasty, large portions and well priced. The locals at the pub we're all nice fellas too - sometimes going into a small town local with massive dreadlocks can get me some unwanted attention but these guys we're super cool.

I accidentally stole the TV remote control and found out when I unpacked in Thailand. I wanted to email them but couldn't find an email so I hit their facebook page, I posted it back immediately and they were cool and thankful about it which is great.

The girl at reception was really pretty.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tomcosm
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I booked this room based on the low price, and I got what I paid for. Like many reviewers, I was led to a house nearby that had been divided up as a lockable bedrooms. It was pretty dingy, perhaps even unclean. The bathroom down the hall was fairly gross, but not unusably so.

I don't know what the concerns about safety are. I'm a guy, so maybe that's the difference. The area seemed abandoned, but that's because of my 10PM+ arrival and my 6:30AM departure. My room had a lock, as did the front door. I could not detect anyone else in the building.

Jets seemed to stop at 11PM, but I could have slept through them anyway, even with the windows open.

Frankly, I would stay there again if I just needed to sleep. I could not imagine staying more than one night. It has a free shuttle within reasonable hours, and there's a free local shuttle to Heathrow.

Room Tip: Select a different establishment if you want any comfort or are a light sleeper. All rooms get jet n...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 26, 2013

i stayed here for one night in jan,i was flying to stavanger to see my brother early in the morning and needed to check in at T5 at 5am, main hotel seemed ok, i payed for a "standard" room, i checked in and was taken to a house round the corner, which i didn't feel safe in, the lock on the bedroom door didn't work and with a slight push im sure it would have come open, i had no plug in the sink in my room, no tea of coffee making equipment and not even a cup to drink water from the tap, whilst looking for a cup i came across what seemed to be a shared kitchen, the cups had peoples names on then and so did the cupboards, i didn't even have a telly. there was a family living above me which i thought was odd, and a couple in the room next door having sex all night long, this place is a knocking shop! the bath upstairs didnt have a plug along with the sink, it was dirty as well, this place was a knocking shop, i went to reception and asked were i could get a cup of coffee from and she said the pub across the road which was closed! prices are cheap but cheap for a reason, pay a bit more and stay at the hoilday inn

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank 186299Lynn
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Thought I was paying to stay in a lodge however when I arrived I got taken to a room in a house on the street next to the lodge. Unlike the lodge the house had no cameras or security. The room did not seem safe and when I went inside there was spiders all over the room and the bathroom looked like it has never been cleaned.

I could not sleep in the room as it was so filthy so asked to change room to a room in the lodge to which I just kept getting told I had to pay more money for an upgrade.
I then got the wifi code however this does not work in rooms and only works down at reception.
Would not recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 23, 2013

me and my girlfriend stayed here in july for one night. firstly we thought the hotel looked really nice but on checking in we were handed the keys to a house 3 doors down. it was a little grotty and strange but if you after a cheap hotel around 500 yards from the runway it's ok. we'd definitley pay more and stay in a double room ensuite in the main hotel. the plus points were a great bar across the road called the kings arms with friendly owners and a great beer garden for watching the planes take off and also a lovely 16th century inn called the white horse just a short walk up the road. beware about the noise as it is very close to the airport !!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I was in one of the annexes, which was basically like a student house, on the cheapest deal and it was acceptable.

Walls are thin and the sink in the bedroom makes funny noises when others run their water, but it's clean, has fresh towels and was cheap. You can hear aircraft but if you book somewhere that is a 5 minute bus ride away from the airport then common sense states that's going to be the case. the bus was very straight forward and convenient from T5.

Reception was very slow is my only real complaint. Short staffed.

If you want something better then spend the money but if you're fine with hosteling style standards then use it as an overnighter, don't stay any longer.

• Stayed: July 2013
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4
Thistle London Heathrow Hotel
Thistle London Heathrow Hotel
#9 of 12 in West Drayton

Been to Heathrow Lodge? Share your experiences!