“Dirty”
Review of Heathrow Lodge

Heathrow Lodge
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Beware the lodge is dirty you have to share a bathroom with other rooms parking was in a garden even when booked and at 70pounds a night disgusting never again the fire alarm beep for hours when child tried to sleep

Room Tip: Don't go
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Very basic hotel. No TV and no WiFi though in the hotel description. Old furniture, but the bed was comfy. Friendly staff and free parking. Cold drinks available at reception. Quite close to Heathrow Airport.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Yes, it's cheap. But if you just need a bed for an early flight, it's perfect. Free shuttle from the airport just outside the arrivals, taking less than 10 minutes. The twin room was as big as in any cheap hostel I've been to. If you're off before the first shuttle, they get you a taxi.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Simira
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We booked this as a last minute that was closest to T5, we arrived about midnight and then attempted to book the shuttle bus, (I had tried to book the bus the day before we arrived but was told it could only be done when we arrived) I was told the bus was full so could not get it. Anyway when we asked where the room was we were shown to a house round the corner and taken to one of the upstairs bedrooms! Very strange, my wife could not sleep as she was so freaked out by the whole thing.. I may have been cheap but still not worth it

Room Tip: Stay away!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I booked it just to save some money and I didn't expected too much, however, it still let me down. First, we waited for the free bus for about an hour to get there, and struggled to find the hotel. My friend and I booked two rooms separately. They accidentally checked someone else in with my friend's name and it took them about 20 mins to find out the problem. Then they asked us to sleep in the one room because they didn't have more single room left. Since we insisted that we didn't want to sleep in the same room, they finally give us two rooms. Not long after I got into my room, they asked me to share the twin room with another person. they made it sound like she couldn't find a place to stay for the night but after talking to her, i think they were over booked for the night so that they kind of lied to get more people in.
also, apparently, the free shuttle only have limited spaces... so it's not for everyone...

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

If only I had read trip advisor before going to this hotel. After struggling to find it I was bemused by the poor service at the desk. The room was poky, hot and had visible mould. After struggling to get to sleep due to the noise I was woken by lots of high pitched laughter and noise. I then started to read the trip advisor reviews and realise it was literally a nightmare hotel. What's the point of paying 50 pounds if you can't sleep. Eventually I drifted off to sleep with my headphones on. This would be funny if it was in a black comedy as it was SO BAD. The best service they could deliver is to close this hotel down!!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank BillEyres
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Had a cancelled flight and just took a nearby cheap "motel". They had some remodeling done or something, the hallway into the reception was cramped with tools. A nice young lady took over from a old man and fixed a cab for us really early (at least i think it was a cab? A big BMW with no taximeter but a really once driver,got no receipt, didn't even think of asking at that hour). The room was small, but we expected that. The bathroom was no surprise since its a cheap standard used all over Brittain (and ferries to Finland). The room was like a sauna and had the radiator on full, and a small window a bit open? I turned down the radiator and found dust in an amount that you could use as a pet. That and a bit of a broken glass. The bathroom had bad odor so i left the ceilingfan on and i looked up and found a lot of dust there too. There was mold on the sink and no shower curtain which didn't matter since the shower head was so dirty i decided not to shower, i would probably get dirty if i did. There was some kind of liquid that had runned down the wall between the beds and behind the door. It had been there a while and dust had built up. Mold in the windows as well. Tried to talk to the guy at the reception but he smiled and asked us in bad english to sit and wait for taxi.

Room Tip: Stay the x out of this place! Do not chance, go to another place!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4
Thistle London Heathrow Hotel
Thistle London Heathrow Hotel
#9 of 12 in West Drayton

Been to Heathrow Lodge? Share your experiences!