Heathrow Lodge
Novotel London Heathrow(West Drayton)(Great Value!)
$70
PremierInn.com
Harmondsworth Hall(West Drayton)
$99
Travelocity
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 10, 2013

With my mother recently passing away, I decided to attend her funeral with my daughter from Texas to Kent in England. Arriving in Heathrow, we checked into the Heathrow Lodge just for the evening to prepare for the funeral the next day.

At 2am we were awakened by heavy knocking upon our door and a whole lot of foul language. Both my daughter and I sat as far from the door as was possible refusing to the open the door. This banging and insults continued for about 20 minutes.

After about 20 minutes of quiet, it was clear that the couple next door were engaged in some 'heavy love-making' from the screams, the banging and the foul language. This went on for about an hour or so. During that time, I am trying to distract my daughter who is quite alarmed and frightened with all that has taken place.

The 'noise' stopped as one of the couple gets up and uses the toilet. On the way back they again decided to bang upon our door and hurl cuss words. Again, I refused to answer the door and my daughter at this point is VERY frightened. The couple returned to their loud love-making and it was around 4:30am that I decided to get up and knock upon their door. I politely asked if they could keep the noise down which was greeted with more foul language. I return to my room lock the door and hear the door next to us open and again the banging on our door continued with the cussing.

At 5:30am, my daughter and I leave our room, take our luggage to the reception area to get away from the situation. We wanted to leave as soon as was possible and I called a taxi to come and take us to the airport-we would wait there.

When I approached the receptionist and recalled my story all that I received (I kid you not) was "That's unfortunate!"

We went on to my mum's funeral and upon arriving back into the USA I emailed the Heathrow Lodge asking them for an explanation and a refund. Their response included a rebuke for not getting up, walking across the street and letting them know about it at the time (4:45am-not even concerned about the 'hostile nature' of our neighbors) and to offer my daughter and I another room at their Lodge! I thanked them for their offer but reiterated that I really wanted a refund because I would NEVER return to this Lodge again as I did not feel safe.

That was the last that I have heard from them.

I would not and cannot recommend the Heathrow Lodge to anyone and as for their customer service-I was very disappointed.

Steve

Room Tip: Check out who your neighbors are!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SteveM63_13
Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

This is not even a motel. It is off the motel and is a row of council houses converted into grubby smelly rooms. I will be moving to another hotel tomorrow. Dirty communal toilets with no hand soap. Really......and the mould on the ceiling......don't come here.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Chefribs
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

Close to airport. Shuttle or free bus available so location good. Staff spoke poor English which was hard to understand over the telephone when we rang for transport from airport. I had to ring twice because of difficulty in understanding. Room was aweful. Bed was against wall
With wardrobe against the foot so if you needed to get out of bed had to climb over my husband . No room to even open suitcases. Ensuite was a wetroom in a cupboard. No haidryer and no chair to sit on. Bed was terrible had springs sticking in you. All in all dreadful would not stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank 1hd
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I stayed here the night before an early trip to Heathrow Terminal 5 to meet my Mom's flight. The hotel was easy to get to from Terminal 5 and the (FREE) bus stop is about a 2 minute walk from the hotel and runs approximately every 15 minutes to Terminal 5. The staff were friendly at check-in. I paid a little bit extra to get a private double room. The bed was comfortable and there was a TV and tea/kettle. However, the bathroom was so tiny that when I took a shower I basically flooded the entire thing. The walls were so thin that I was kept up late by noisy conversations, TV programs and the banging of doors. My advice is to book rooms away from the front of the hotel so that you can actually get a good night's sleep. I would only stay here again if there was a cheap offer and I was using Terminal 5.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Stayed for one night before flying from Heathrow. Lasted until four in the morning before giving up on any chance of sleep. Noise from rooms next door went on and on all night. Doors slammed constantly, music played and people shouted all night.. There was people visiting rooms next door all night long.Not sure what that was all about
Don't stay here at any cost. You would be better sleeping in your car. Its 4am now and we are going to the airport early for some peace

• Stayed: April 2013