Thistle London Heathrow Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Novotel London Heathrow(West Drayton)(Great Value!)
$70
PremierInn.com
Harmondsworth Hall(West Drayton)
$99
2,932 results
All reviewsheathrow podpod serviceplanes landingrunway viewan overnight staycar parkingleave your carsat navdays parkingbar and restaurantflying from heathrowterminaldriverlesshoppatube
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 18, 2006

It's hard to believe that a hotel that obviously aims to cater for travellers, with it's inclusive long term parking, does not provide a lift to help with moving heavy luggage.
The general impression was of meanness. The room was very small - really only room for one case. Only one bath towel between two of us. Only one teabag.
Hot water from both taps on the handbasin made brushing your teeth very unpleasant.
Breakfast was expensive. We've had better fare at other hotels for less than half the price.
It appears to offer an attractive package to air travellers but then short changes them at every opportunity.
The management team needs a good shake up if they want customers to return.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lynhol
Reviewed October 18, 2006

We booked this hotel some 6 months prior to our stay and after reading some reviews on this site we thought we had made a terrible mistake in doing so , but thought 'oh well' its only one night it could'nt be that bad could it. Many reviewers seemed to compare it to Bates Motel in Psycho , it was far from it !
Our check-in was very quick and pleasant and were directed to a room on the first floor. Walking along the corridor to our room you could almost imagine you were below decks on a 1900's Ocean Liner it was so dated, we were dreading what our room would be like.
The room was a touch on the small side but was clean and tidy
and whilst it wasnt the Hilton you were not paying Hilton prices either it had only cost us £ 73 ! The bathroom at times smelled a touch musty and the toilet was plumbed too close to the wall so using it was a touch difficult , the family of plastic ducks were a nice touch. There were tea making facilities in the room and also a safe.
We did not eat at the hotel we ventured into Heathrow where we ate there . The hotel restaurants seemed modern and clean many reviewers complained about the high prices but they seemed reasonable to me , however you are in London so what do you expect!
We did have a drink in the lounge/bar , this was a bit tatty and run down and there seemed to belittle or no air con !
One word of warning though! Previous reviewers complain about the car parking and i would have to agree with them (we did not need to use this facility thank god) parking was atrocious , cars were double parked , on the grass and on yellow lines The Heathrow Hopper bus runs every 15 minutes and costs £ 4 per person, however if you have an early morning flight i would get up a touch earlier than planned because the traffic into Heathrow was horrendous!
Would i stay at this hotel again ?
Yes.............i think i would !!!

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family
1  Thank dean s
Reviewed October 13, 2006

We stayed here for only one night thankfully. It was cheap so our expectations were not high. Some things to note:
1. We took a cab from Heathrow Terminal 4 and it cost 20 pounds! In hindsight we should have gone around on the tube to Terminals 1, 2 & 3. So be warned particularly Aussies as this hotel is the furtherest from T4. Spend the money on a better hotel.
2. Bath shower rail and outlet pipe for water was rusty and black bits fell in the water although the rubber duckies were fun - perhaps a distraction?
3. 160 steps to front reception not good for any traveller when you are using Heathrow for flight change and need to rest.
4. Girl at front desk brusque and talked over us - we were tired and couldnt be bothered to complain.
In fairness the room was clean and quiet but very, very small and we could not open two suitcases at one time.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
3  Thank lucykitkat
Reviewed October 13, 2006

Fortunately I only had to stay in the room a few hours before catching a flight. The room looked like it hadn’t been cleaned properly. I had to lay the bathmat round the toilet to cover some dubious patches on the floor tiles and some of those were cracked to match the wall tiles. The paint on the ceiling was stained and large pieces were peeling off over the bath, which it’s self was chipped with rust coming through. I tried the hot and cold taps but couldn’t tell the difference as the temperature of both appeared the same. Horrible cleaning your teeth in hot water!. The pillows on the bed looked like they had been previously stacked for someone to have a read and the chair to sit on was stained. Fortunately the sheets were clean and not creased so I assumed these had been changed since the last guest. I should have asked for a new room but with only a few hours before having to get up again I couldn’t afford to wait for another room to be made available and I didn’t have much hope that would have been better.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 5, 2006

We stayed at this hotel for one night on the 15th September.

After booking a room for the night which included 21 days parking for £77 I checked the reviews.

They were not very favourable to say the least. I therefore decided to email the hotel and advise them I had seen the reviews and did not expect to have any of the problems other people mention.

I had to phone on two occasions in order to get a reply to this email and they advised that they noted my comments against my booking.

Upon arrival I found the check in desk staff to be very helpful I was seen straight away and they were very polite. We were given a room on the first floor.

Parking however was a problem, they have nowhere near enough parking and it does seem to be a case of you just dump your car wherever you can find a space and hope for the best.

The room itself was basic but clean. The window didn't open though which I never like. The small air con unit served a purpose although it was noisy.

There isn't any lift.

I would stay here again due to the ease of getting to the airport. It is only a mile or two away and taxi costs £9. I also think the cost is fair based on the service you recieve.

In summary I don't think this hotel is as bad as others have suggested. It might be worth emailing them like I did as it least it might make them ensure your stay goes smoothly.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple