Thistle hotel LHR-Travel to LHR T1
Stayed here as part of a Holiday extras park and fly package. I got this free due to their price guarantee, otherwise I probably would not have stayed here as we were due to leave from T1.
Hotel is nearer T5 than LHR T1-3 and is off a small part of Bath road. Room was tiny but adequate for a one night stay arriving late and leaving early.
The LCD TV and free Wifi helped to lift the tired decor and miniscule bed and bathroom. Long dated corridors and no lift.
Parking was way behind the hotel and could meant a long walk through the back door and then back to the room.
Staff were helpful and polite. Didn't eat here as arrived late and left early.
The hotel is served by the expensive Hoppa bus to all terminals, however there is a bus stop yards from the hotel from which you can catch the free 423 to T5 bus terminal. From there you can get the free tube (need Oystercard) or free Heathrow Express to the other terminals if needed.
We did this very early 05:45 IIRC and the bus was almost full at the Thistle stop. It did not pick up at the next stop, so beware this may happen if you get the shift workers going to T5.
Took about 20 minutes to get to T1 using this method.
It is possible to get direct to T1-3 by catching the 75 or 76 along Bath road but the bus stop is further than I care to walk with a suitcase (and wife!) and involves crossing the busy Bath road
One can also catch 423 towards LHR from the bus stop outside the Thistle but then you need to get off at either the LHR Police station stop and then wait for the U3 or get off at the next stop (Sipson road) bus stop, cross the road and catch another free bus (140, 111, 285,555) back to to T1-3. Too much hassle IMHO.
On returning from T1 we caught the 75 from the LHR bus depot (full to the brim with shift workers at 18:00) and got off at the bus stop opposite the Sheraton. This was free and it was a short walk to the Thistle down a side alley.
Overall not perfect for T1 but as it was free worth the slight hassle and we saved £18.00 compared to the expensive Hoppa.
At the right price this hotel is OK for a one night pre early flight from T5 with parking.
Stayed March 28th 2013
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located close to all terminals, with direct access to Terminal 5 via the eco friendly Ultra POD network in 7 minutes. As well as boasting spectacular views of the northern runway and architectural splendor of terminal 5 from the hotel restaurant, terrace and bar. The Thistle London Heathrow is the ideal place to unwind whether you are flying off early or arriving late at night. Also because we're close to central London Thistle London Heathrow is a perfect venue for business meetings and other events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Thistle London Heathrow Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thistle London Heathrow West Drayton
- Thistle Heathrow
- Thistle London Heathrow Hotel West Drayton, Greater London