“The place to stay at Heathrow Airport.”

Thistle London Heathrow Hotel
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
“The place to stay at Heathrow Airport.”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed at this hotel twice in 2012 and found it to be a good place to stay,right next to terminal five and it is an experience to sit in the resturant and watch aircraft landing,they are so close its exciting.
I returned to this hotel in March this year and as I walked in the door the receptionist Prekash saw me came to me and took my luggage,he rememberd me from last year he was more than helpful.
The resturant is good as well the staff are most polite but are willing to chat to you and are a very friendly and helpful bunch,the breakfast is buffet style but the food is all fresh and they only cook enough so that it is always freshly cooked. Superb. i

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (464)
  • Indonesian first
Folkestone, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We booked the Thistle as we had an early flight and didn’t fancy the long drive at 4am – also as it offers airport parking.

The main problem with this hotel was finding it! We used the postcode supplied by the hotel/booking info with our Tom Tom Sat Nav and were taken to a dead-end (but close to the airport!)

We then tried using Google maps etc on two smart phones with no luck. In the end I had to call my Dad to talk as through the directions (with him using Google Earth at home!) I’m sure we cannot be the only people who have had this issue and maybe the hotel should look at better signage on the main road (there is none!) Or think about supplying a postcode that works rather than the address code.

Once checked in, the room was ok. Basic but ok for a few hours.

The best thing about this hotel is the view from the bar/restaurant. You can see planes landing and taking off. This is what makes this hotel worth staying at. And with this is mind I found the hotel very quiet. Heard no noise in the room from traffic, planes or people.

Bus service is great for airport runs and felt my car was parked in a safe location. Found staff at the hotel friendly and happy to help.

This hotel is perfect for a one night stay and parking – but would recommend asking for a nicer room (if there is one!)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Liverpool
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Spent one night in this hotel right next to airport. Fab nights sleep, no noise, nice meal.
Fabulous views of planes landing whilst in restaurant and bar. Only minor issue is air con in bar too cold to enjoy my drink after meal. That is just me feeling the cold. May not bother everyone.
Bar staff very friendly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
china spring, tx
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on layover. Clean hotel. Very good desk service. Room was clean and adequate. Breakfast was good also. There is a hoppa that goes to the hotel from t5 but I didn't have patience to wait 30 mins so I took a taxi for 15GBP.

• Stayed March 2013
jorgras, General Manager at Thistle London Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Thistle London Heathrow following your recent stay. I have passed your positive comments onto the front desk.

I look forward to welcoming you back when you are next travelling through Heathrow.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I just spent four nights at the Thistle Kingsley and found it just about perfect, so when my other hotel by the airport fell through, we quickly booked a room here, the hotel is fine, for a one night airport hotel, but we were disappointed to find that not only did this Thistle not have the lovely kettle and tea set up that the Kingsley has, but the beds, while fine, are not the ultra comfortable ones we had just experienced at the Thistle Kingsley.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review Thistle London Heathrow following your recent stay. Please accept my sincere apologies that we failed to reach your expectations. We are currently undergoing many improvements in the hotel both to the interior and exterior.

I am disappointed the facilities you mention were not available, tea & coffee is available in all rooms located in the cupboard under the television. I will investigate the Kingsley’s beds however Hypnos are the nominated bed supplier for the company. They are recognised by their Royal Warrant for the great quality of their product. Their beds are certainly in use at Heathrow.

Solihull, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We had a relatively early morning flight so decided to spend the night before at an hotel close to Terminal 5 rather than having to worry about a journey from the Midlands on a Monday morning in rush hour trafiic on the M40 and the M25 and then looking for a car park. The Thistle fitted the bill nicely with moderately priced rooms and the luxury of being able to leave the car there for a very reasonable extra charge. The convenience too of a regular running coach service between the hotel and the terminal was also an attraction. The room was comfortable if a little on the small side and with some hindsight I would have asked for a larger room. If you enjoy plane spotting the bar in the hotel offers fine and close views of one of the major runways. There is also a sun terrace lounge for when the weather is fine. Good selection of wines in the bar. I would use this hotel again ensuring I choose the right room purely for the convenience of the whole experience. Great reception desk staff, very friendly and helpful. Lord BASNETT

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LORDBASNETT

I am pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed on your positive comments concerning the staff members at the front desk.

I Hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I stayed here for three nights for The Alternative View conference in 2010, so things might of changed a bit since then. My room was clean and tidy and the bathroom as well. The Aviation Suite Conference Centre was great for the event and it was great that between speakers i could nip over to my room and freshen up. The staff were polite and reserved. I never tried the food, it was far too expensive but hey, it's London. There was a free bus from Terminal 5 to right outside the hotel in 2010, maybe still is. If you are on a tight budget like i was there is a McDonalds right across the road from the hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Drayton
Sofitel London Heathrow
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 Hotel
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel

Been to Thistle London Heathrow Hotel? Share your experiences!