“Nice layover”

Thistle London Heathrow Hotel
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on layover. Clean hotel. Very good desk service. Room was clean and adequate. Breakfast was good also. There is a hoppa that goes to the hotel from t5 but I didn't have patience to wait 30 mins so I took a taxi for 15GBP.

• Stayed: March 2013
jorgras, General Manager at Thistle London Heathrow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review the Thistle London Heathrow following your recent stay. I have passed your positive comments onto the front desk.

I look forward to welcoming you back when you are next travelling through Heathrow.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I just spent four nights at the Thistle Kingsley and found it just about perfect, so when my other hotel by the airport fell through, we quickly booked a room here, the hotel is fine, for a one night airport hotel, but we were disappointed to find that not only did this Thistle not have the lovely kettle and tea set up that the Kingsley has, but the beds, while fine, are not the ultra comfortable ones we had just experienced at the Thistle Kingsley.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review Thistle London Heathrow following your recent stay. Please accept my sincere apologies that we failed to reach your expectations. We are currently undergoing many improvements in the hotel both to the interior and exterior.

I am disappointed the facilities you mention were not available, tea & coffee is available in all rooms located in the cupboard under the television. I will investigate the Kingsley’s beds however Hypnos are the nominated bed supplier for the company. They are recognised by their Royal Warrant for the great quality of their product. Their beds are certainly in use at Heathrow.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We had a relatively early morning flight so decided to spend the night before at an hotel close to Terminal 5 rather than having to worry about a journey from the Midlands on a Monday morning in rush hour trafiic on the M40 and the M25 and then looking for a car park. The Thistle fitted the bill nicely with moderately priced rooms and the luxury of being able to leave the car there for a very reasonable extra charge. The convenience too of a regular running coach service between the hotel and the terminal was also an attraction. The room was comfortable if a little on the small side and with some hindsight I would have asked for a larger room. If you enjoy plane spotting the bar in the hotel offers fine and close views of one of the major runways. There is also a sun terrace lounge for when the weather is fine. Good selection of wines in the bar. I would use this hotel again ensuring I choose the right room purely for the convenience of the whole experience. Great reception desk staff, very friendly and helpful. Lord BASNETT

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LORDBASNETT

I am pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed on your positive comments concerning the staff members at the front desk.

I Hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I stayed here for three nights for The Alternative View conference in 2010, so things might of changed a bit since then. My room was clean and tidy and the bathroom as well. The Aviation Suite Conference Centre was great for the event and it was great that between speakers i could nip over to my room and freshen up. The staff were polite and reserved. I never tried the food, it was far too expensive but hey, it's London. There was a free bus from Terminal 5 to right outside the hotel in 2010, maybe still is. If you are on a tight budget like i was there is a McDonalds right across the road from the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Airport stay is fine, I certainly wouldn't want to stay there for any length of time. The rooms were of reasonable size and looking slightly tired. It was good to be able to park the car for the duration and know the safety factor was there. My first stay there, would I stay again, yes I would.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed at Thistle Hotel at Heathrow before a trip to Switzerland, using the hotel to park the car for four nights

Staff good and friendly very helpful, carrying cases to rooms and guiding me to the best way to park and return to the building

We decided to head for the bar by 6 pm, for this you have to pass through the restaurant to get there. The only downside to the evening. When we passed through we asked if we needed to book for dinner. We were told not.

We had a drink and then decided to eat in the bar as it had more atmosphere than the restaurant. The service was good; the food was good but a bit pricey.

The room was a bit small and the bed was perhaps too firm for us. The room faced terminal 5 and made for interesting viewing. The noise from the planes was acceptable.

The hotel does not have a lift which would be a problem for people with disabilities.

On returning to retrieve the car again the staff was most helpful. We returned at 11.15 at night. Our ticket was validated and again guidance was given to get the car. A member of staff loaded the cases into the car and also pointed out where the nearest petrol station was as we were disparate to get oil before setting off
All together a good experience, however if we choose to do this hotel/parking again we would probably choose a hotel a little further out

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the runway
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank bob_belam
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel is convenient for the airport and the accomodation is adequate which is part of the reason I have used it several times. The other reason is that it is a short walk to the White Horse pub which is excellent. There can be a problem checking in if you don't have the card used to make the booking, as my daughter found out, but, the big problem is the early morning noise. The corridors are very long and very narrow, the walls are very thin and the doors are very heavy. This is not a good combination if you don't want to get up at 5.30 am, or, have an early night! There also seems to be a communication problem between the front desk and the chambermaids. I was woken twice by the chambermaid coming into the room before I had checked out.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Drayton
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Sofitel London Heathrow
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport

Been to Thistle London Heathrow Hotel? Share your experiences!