I stayed here with my husband for one night on the way home from our honeymoon as our flight arrived too late for a connecting flight to Belfast. It was pre-booked and I had checked the hotel website and was fairly confident it would be OK for an overnight stay. Thankfully it was only 1 night - this is the worst hotel we have ever stayed in and we are really not hard to please and have travelled a lot so we know standards do vary. The exterior of the hotel is run down and is like a retro 60s prefabricated concrete construction. We then had a very long walk to our ground floor room through dark dingy corridors past doors which looked like they had been kicked in and didn't fill us with confidence. Our own room stank......it was musty and dank and when my husband washed his hands and used a hand towel it stank of vinegar. We would have complained but it was late and we were tired and just wanted some food. We eventually found the bar which was busy as there was football on, we sat at one of 2 empty tables which had not been cleared and were full of debris. After waiting a few minutes we decided to return to our room to order room service. This was overpriced and poor quality although did come quickly. The next morning we wanted coffee and had to pay £5 in the restaurant as we didn't see any complimentary in our room. On returning to our room we passed the housekeeping trolley and realized that other rooms did have this so we searched our own and eventually found it hidden away in a bottom drawer. My husband mentioned this to reception by phone and they said they would speak to the general manager about a refund. A few minutes later a casually dressed man knocked the door and we were told they couldn't refund us as it says in the hotel manual there is complimentary tea/coffee. He also said people complained about tea/coffee sitting out which i find hard to believe. The reception staff were dressed better than the general manager if indeed this is who this man was. The only positive about this hoitel was the free Wi-Fi and we will definitely not be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located close to all terminals, with direct access to Terminal 5 via the eco friendly Ultra POD network in 7 minutes. As well as boasting spectacular views of the northern runway and architectural splendor of terminal 5 from the hotel restaurant, terrace and bar. The Thistle London Heathrow is the ideal place to unwind whether you are flying off early or arriving late at night. Also because we're close to central London Thistle London Heathrow is a perfect venue for business meetings and other events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Thistle London Heathrow Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thistle London Heathrow West Drayton
- Thistle Heathrow
- Thistle London Heathrow Hotel West Drayton, Greater London