I was in transit and needed to overnight near Heathrow Airport Terminal 3, and I have stayed at another Thistle Hotel before and found it quite nice, so I thought why not this one at Heathrow and moreso at the price.
I had booked online and requested an early check in since I was to arrive circa 9am. My flight was not until the following night so I paid for two nights, iirc 82 Sterling in total.
When I arrived, there were some serious reno works being done to most of the reception area, so much so that there was no place to sit. Thankfully the person at the reception desk processed my booking quickly and I was afforded the early check in at no extra charge. On this note I would remark that the staff were quite polite and never too forward.
Since it was just two nights and all I really needed was to get over the 10+ hours of flying I just did and prepare for the 22+ hours of flying ahead of me, I just wanted to sleep. The room was adequate, with twin beds which fortunately were moveable so I joined them to make one large bed,
The room in which I stayed was at the end of two extremely long corridors...I checked about 90 paces per corridor (one of my paces = roughly 3.5 feet). The decor of the hotel itself seemed pretty old...judging by the wood of the beams and door frames, I would say over 50years old. Although the place was a bit dated, they did try their best to give it a classic appeal, with the colours etc, but I would rather they pull out that carpet and either use hardwood or tile for the floor as the carpet makes it look old and creepy. Whenever I met the intersection between the two long corridors and looked down, I felt as if I were in the hotel from the movie ‘The Shining”, just minus the eerie feeling. lol
But all in all, the hotel was great value for money. I was on a budget and so the additional 10 Sterling to fork out for breakfast was not economical since across the road there was a cafe as well as a McDonalds that I could eat my fill on half of what the hotel would charge. I would also note that their carpark is quite large for those who are driving and may need that info...and its also secured.
The hotel had no mini bar but they did provide a tea/coffee station which I made use of. I would recomend this hotel for the single budget-minded traveller who is just passing time or passing through.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located close to all terminals, with direct access to Terminal 5 via the eco friendly Ultra POD network in 7 minutes. As well as boasting spectacular views of the northern runway and architectural splendor of terminal 5 from the hotel restaurant, terrace and bar. The Thistle London Heathrow is the ideal place to unwind whether you are flying off early or arriving late at night. Also because we're close to central London Thistle London Heathrow is a perfect venue for business meetings and other events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Thistle London Heathrow Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thistle London Heathrow West Drayton
- Thistle Heathrow
- Thistle London Heathrow Hotel West Drayton, Greater London