“Excellent choice.”

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Brisbane, Australia
“Excellent choice.”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Having searched for a hotel to stay near Terminal 5 at Heathrow for an early flight to New York we decided on the Premier Inn . Never stayed in one before, we live in Australia, we were very happy with the room. Very clean throughout, bed very comfortable. Staff very friendly, very good choice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bill.Nes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Haven't stayed here for ages (and only stayed as was unable to book into M4/j4 premier inn as I normally do)
Due to previous rude staff and slamming doors
Doors problem seemsmuch better
Avoided staff and used self check in
What really still found horrible was appearance of outside.
So many overgrown weeds back and front felt like hotel was built in wasteland
Did they really spend millions of pounds to build this hotel to have it looking like this
Was the same last time I stayed
As hotel is newish room was clean and bright with good triple glazing and £57 price resonablebut after trying to get to sleep in uncomfortable bed got up stripped the bed and turned mattress over and remade bed
Not something you want to do after travelling for twelve hours
Lets hope tonight is ok

• Stayed June 2013
Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed June 15, 2013

the hotel was lovely,staff very helpful. great restaurant fantastic curry. stayed before traveling back to Australia. only bad point, hotel hoppa does not stop here for terminal 4 so you have to go across road to thistle hotel, which is not far. staff did not advise that you can walk down road and pick up free bus, which is in heathrow free zone. think reception staff need to advise..the room was lovely nice mugs for tea. bed a bit hard for me. overall good for terminal 123 and 5 closest.

1 Thank Fran D
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I won't repeat all the other comments in detail. The positive ones are all true. I agree that the shower in the bath isn't great if you're not so mobile. The breakfast options were all you can eat and great value. The 423 bus very convenient for T5. Evening meal was so so. There is a pub called the White Horse about 10 - 15 minutes walk away which the taxi driver told us was good but after an 18 hour journey we just wanted something quick and convenient. What made it for me was the helpfulness of staff. My suitcase arrived with both handles damaged. The receptionist called the handyman (a very helpful guy but unfortunately I don't know his name - he deserves a star!). He fixed the handles so that I could make the onward flight the next day. I would definitely recommend this hotel for convenience,comfort, price and friendliness.

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms at the back look out onto a car park. There was no noise but privacy was a p...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Ascot, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I stayed here for 1 night at the beginning of June as I had an early flight the next day. The hotel was easy to find from the motorway and although the Premier Inn website said there was 'limited' parking, I found there to be ample space. Check-in was extremely quick and the staff at reception were helpful and polite, as I've found in all Premier Inn hotels that I've stayed at. My room was towards the back of the hotel overlooking a small courtyard next to the bar/restaurant area but I didn't experience any noise. The room itself was spacious and very clean and seemed to be able to sleep 3 people as it had a large sofa bed in it. The bathroom was also clean and spacious. I had dinner in the restaurant that evening and the food was very good, plenty of choice, quick service and not overpriced. There was also a bar and a Costa Coffee cafe/bar area but I didn't use either of these. I checked out early the next day with no fuss and was soon at the airport, which is actually much closer than it seems at first. The hotel also runs a bus service to several of the terminals, although I didn't use these so can't comment on their service.

Overall I found the hotel to be a great find and great value; my only complaint is the cost of the parking which is £12 for each 24 hour period. I found this to be really overpriced as I've stayed at other airport hotels and it's been around £6 on average. I was also at the hotel for less than 12 hours but was still expected to pay the full parking price; not good in my opinion, and it's the only reason I have given my review 4 out of 5. Other than that, it's a great hotel and I'd definitely stay here again and recommend the hotel to others.

Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Booked through Hotels.com. Arrived to be greeted with a £12.00 car park charge which was not openly visible on the website. Check in was slow and inefficient. I was allocated a room to which the key didn't work. After a trip back to reception they told me I was in a different room. We sorted it out and it was time for dinner. "There's no need to book for the restaurant sir" I was told at check in. Arrived at the restaurant - "have you booked sir?" "sorry we're full, can you come back at 8.30? So, bar food it was along with poor service and below average food.
After an average night sleep I checked out, went to my car to find a parking ticket for £60.00 because my tyres touched the line.........Easy done when you have a largish car and smallish parking bays. Another trip back to reception should have solved this but to be honest, I just cannot be bothered with such aggro when so many other hotels offer better service at similar costs.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Phill T
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I stayed at another Premier Inn at Gatwick (my first stay with this chain) and at Terminal 5 on my return to Heathrow airport. Ditto on all my comments there, as the hotels are pretty much the same. It is only two stops on a free bus from the terminal, and a four minute ride on a luxurious train to Terminal 3 for my flight to Canada. They delivered again on their guaranteed good night’s sleep (very quiet), low price, very nicely furnished and designed room, and good meal at the Thyme Restaurant. You don’t usually associate the words “budget hotel” with 3 star quality, but this chain is doing an excellent job.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Drayton
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Sofitel London Heathrow
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport

Been to Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 Hotel? Share your experiences!