I flew in one day from SF and out the next to France (thanks to schedules that didn't let me fly the same day). I wanted a place that had the 4Cs -- clean, comfortable, convenient, and cheap. This place met the test:
1) It was clean. No complaints about the room or the hotel itself including the restaurant. If you're looking for charm at these prices, think again. The hotel could best be described as sterile/modern but, then, isn't that in keeping with the airplane/airport experience anyway.
2) It was comfortable. I was expecting a fairly small room and instead had a room with bed, couch, desk, and chair ... and not at all feeling cramped. Again, just for overnight I would have taken less but not needed. The only complaint about the entire place involved the tub/shower. It took quite a big step (and I'm tall) to get into the tub and I was concerned about slipping so did it very carefully. Also, no real up high holding bars. Plus no place to store your soap/shampoo when you're standing in the shower. It looks like the expect you to take a bath since the supplied liquid soap dispenser (a nice touch) was also low down. And no wash cloth. But these are minor gripes. They also have in-room tea / coffee which is not often found in hotels of this price.
3) It was convenient. You board the 423 bus from Heathrow Terminal 5 and it is free (unlike the Hoppa buses which also serve this hotel and others in the area). About 7 minutes later you're there. The bus stops right in front of the hotel (and just across the street for the trip back). Check in was without a hitch. They have a restaurant with decent "chain store" like food. They also seem to have a dinner buffet (which I didn't sample) and a breakfast buffet which is completely adequate.
4) Cheap. Well, at least inexpensive. After all this is the Heathrow area.
One more thing. There are three Premier Inns in the Heathrow area and two contain a Bath Road address. The "Bath Road" hotel is not this one. It is further down (or up) Bath Road.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Creating a new dining experience in a relaxing environment, the Thyme restaurant and bar provide a range of ‘tasty’ dishes serving both lunch and dinner options. Along with a COSTA coffee store open from 06:30 to 10:30 and our welcoming hotel bar area you will never be short of food and drink options. Not to mention our ‘All You Can Eat’ Full English Buffet Breakfast at only £8.25 per person. At Premier Inn we pride ourselves on comfort and quality. That's why each of our 400 bedrooms has a king sized bed, en-suite bathroom, safety deposit box, tea/coffee making facilities, hairdryer, freeview TV and wifi (at an additional cost). An ideal choice for a business stay, our hotel is conveniently located with great transport links to Heathrow Airport and Central London. For leisure guests, we are ideally located for Heathrow Airport with limited car parking onsite (£12 per night). We also offer a range of park and fly options. We are serviced by the Hoppa to the Terminals, operating from 0425 until 2325 (Terminals 1 and 3) and 0415 to 2345 (Terminal 5) at a cost of £4.50 per person or £8 return. Furthermore we are just 15 miles from both Windsor Castle and Legoland Windsor. Central London is easily accessible by the London Underground stations and the Heathrow Express. With Children (up to the age of 15) eating a free breakfast when accompanied by a full paying adult and no additional charges for family rooms, we are the top choice for families. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Premier Inn, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 Hotel West Drayton, Greater London