“Much improved but still dreadful pillows”

Park Inn by Radisson Hotel & Conference Centre London Heathrow
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Dublin, Ireland
“Much improved but still dreadful pillows”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

A much improved product since I reviewed last time. The refurbished room I had was spacious, comfortable,improved wifi and excellent television. The lady who checked me in was friendly and professional. The staff at breakfast some of the best I have encountered in any European hotel, bright cheery and a credit to the park inn. Last time so surly and unfriendly it ( the breakfast experience) exceeded my expectations.

It is expensive but so are they all at Heathrow airport. The only minus and something I remember from my last visit are the pillows. They were bad then and still bad now. Made for a somewhat restless night. All in all a good experience. I have changed my mind since the last comments made and would stay in the future. Do something about the pillows, even something softer in reserve if a guests asks. A small come down on price would make you a greater attraction for the stopover given you are the nearest hotel to terminals 123

Room Tip: The business room with breakfast is worth it
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank paul026
Nick C, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Hotel & Conference Centre London Heathrow, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Paul026,

I was pleased to read yet another very positive review about the Park Inn Hotel & Conference Centre London Heathrow – notwithstanding your comments about the pillows.

It is the first time I have had comments made about the pillows and will look into this further – the pillows are being replaced alongside the bedroom refurbishment and it maybe you were unfortunate to have had a room where they were not yet replaced.

Thank you for finding the time to review the hotel again and I hope you will continue to use the hotel in the future.

Nick Campbell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (432)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Arrived at 6.30 to be told our room was not ready, this was 4 hours, yes 4 hours after our room should have been ready. Arrived in the room to find only 2 towels to shower between 4. Went to the restaurant and was told the children ate at half price, this was untrue because we couldn't get half price on what we had. Poor choice for the children. Spoke to the reaturant manager regarding this and he walk off half way through our conversation. Felt we were pushed aside because we were part of a legoland package. Will not return .

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

2 Thank D D
Dear DD,

Thank you for posting a review for the Park Inn Hotel & Conference Centre London Heathrow.

I do assure you the package you booked has no bearing whatsoever on the service you receive – all guests are treated in the same manner. I am very sorry you were disappointed in the restaurant and your room was not ready on arrival – your comments have been duly noted and I will address these with both departments.

I hope you will change your mind and try the hotel again; I am confident you will have a more positive stay on that occasion.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed July 24, 2014

I don't know where to start.

First of all,

When I booked my room(twin room), I emailed them requesting a refurbished room.
They emailed me back, saying they would definitely sort me out with one of the refurbished rooms.

When my brother and I got there, the lady at the front desk, told me they didn't have any left, so she gave us a "normal room" Oh boy was I going to be disappointed….
When I opened the door, I was in shock.
For the price I payed (208 pounds) I did NOT expect such a horrible room.

Second of all, the room had only a king size bed.
My brother and I went back to the reception and told the lady that there must have been a mistake.
She was not helpful at all, and told us that I had made the mistake by booking a king size bed, which wasn't true at all!!
She then told me she didn't have any rooms left, and that we could have a bed taken to the room.

so… since we really didn't have a choice, we said yes to a bed being taken into the room.
The bed was absolutely terrible, and my brother's back is still hurting.

The aircon surely makes A LOT of noise during the night, the TV & remote was broken.
Lights in the bathroom wasn't working properly either.

There were no EU plugs in the room either, so I had to charge my iPhone at the front desk, and go back and get it after an hour.

All in all, I was very disappointed by this hotel, when in fact I was excited to be in London for the first time. And for what I payed, what I got is no value for my money. I got a way better room at the Radisson Blu at Manchester Airport, for less money.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Nick C, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Hotel & Conference Centre London Heathrow, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Danishgirl2007,

I appreciate the time taken to review the Park Inn Hotel & Conference Centre London Heathrow, but of course disappointed to read your comments. I am very sorry you had such a disappointing stay.

Unfortunately I can’t work out who you are as this would have allowed me to drill into your booking and find out exactly what happened. Clearly there was an error at some point with your reservation resulting in you being allocated the incorrect room, when the hotel is busy, which it is at the moment, there would be a challenge to find an alternative room - the option to provide an extra bed would have been the only resolve to the situation; the extra beds will never offer the same level of comfort as a regular bed and again I am sorry your brother had a poor night’s sleep.

There is no excuse for the other problems you experienced in your bedroom – the TV remote not working, AC being noisy and issues with the bathroom lights, these points should have been picked up by the housekeeping supervisor when checking the room; I will take this forward with my Executive Head Housekeeper.

EU adapters are available at the Front Desk and I am disappointed the team did not offer you this service – again a point I will address with the manager.

On a more positive note I am pleased to inform you the refurbishment project is well underway with 75% of the bedrooms complete.

Whilst I understand your reluctance to return to the Park Inn I hope you will try the hotel again in the near future when I am confident you will have a much improved stay.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

To start off we were put on the second floor of this hotel. The elevators next to the lobby did not go to the second floor, we had to walk quite a distance to reach an elevator, or stairway, that would reach the second floor. Every time we left the room or had to go back we had to walk by all of the conference rooms which had a terrible smell of smoke. My partner and I woke up the next morning covered in red bites that itched quite a lot. We did not leave the windows open and slept under the blankets provided. After a search on the web we came to the conclusion that the room had to be infested with bed bugs of some type. The entire flight back to the US was uncomfortable due to the itches. When we arrived home instead of relaxing from our long trip we had to leave our suitcases in the garage and sort through our cloths and spend the whole day cleaning our luggage and doing laundry. Some items of clothing will need to be dry-cleaned as well, which adds another headache to the whole matter. I send a "contact us" request asking for a refund in payment, but I don't know how they will handle this. I have stayed in quite a lot of hotels around the world and this is the first time anything like this has happened.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

1 Thank Becky W
Dear CharlesW289,

I was very disappointed to hear that you had an unsatisfactory experience on your recent visit to the hotel.

I must clarify that there in fact 3 lifts which go to the second floor and, as you have mentioned, the lifts in the main lobby do not. There is a short walk to these lifts and I am very sorry you were inconvenienced by this.

I do assure you allegations of this nature are taken very seriously and it is an understandable assumption the bites you have described were from some form of infestation in your bedroom, without more detail or the ability to investigate further I can only comment that it is more than likely the bedroom was not the source of the these bites, which I suspect would have occurred elsewhere.

I will email you direct as I would like to know the details of your booking so I can have the room you occupied properly inspected.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night solo.

- my credit cards were rejected because I was told they don't take cards with a chip so had to pay cash, appalling for a big hotel
- room was gorgeous & was given a free upgrade, although bed very hard.
- food is pretty good but expensive
- check in took an hour because of long queues. Need more staff

Overall I really enjoyed my stay & would stay again.

Stayed July 2014
Nick C, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Hotel & Conference Centre London Heathrow, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Jemimah R,

I am sorry you had problems using your card, there is one card (Visa Debit, from a particular bank) the hotel’s system has a problem with – and despite trying to resolve this it still remains an issue; I have worked out, from you tag, who you are and have pulled up your details so can see who checked you in/out – I don’t think this was explained to you correctly as it is only this particular card that is problematic and I will have some remedial training carried out with front desk team to address this. On a more positive note the hotel goes live with chip & pin in September.

I was delighted everything else was to your satisfaction and hope to welcome you back to the Park Inn should you need accommodation at Heathrow in the future.

Hockessin
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I was skeptical after reading some review, but my skepticism went away when I stepped into the hotel. By the way, this is run by the Raddisson. This hotel has been recently re-furbished. The room, space, decor, bathroom - all are modern and worthy of 4 star statues (no matter what other people say). The best part is - you can take FREE bus (public bus, no need of Hoppa bus and 5 pound for each way fare). From Heathrow Central Bus station (Terminal 1,2 and 3) take bus (105, 111, 140, and 285), from Terminal 4 take bus 555, and Terminal 5, bus 423. FromTerminal 1,2,3, get off at the 2nd bus stop (i believe the name is Nene St.), next to a Petrol (Gas) Station, then 1 minute of walk. A week later, I stayed in a 5 star hotel near London Tower, it coast me double the cost I incurred in Park Inn hotel, but that was no better in terms of room, bed, decor, bathroom etc. Another perk - it has plug-point for US compliant electronics, a nice gesture. If you can take an extra 45 minutes in the Tube, you can easily use this hotel for London. It will save you tons of money. Insider tips: Just behind the Petrol Station - there is a small grocery store (at the end of an office building), where you can buy food, water, wine. They have a hot food stall - with excellent food including Indian food. On your way back, you can buy food (a plate usually cost 6.50 pond), a small bottle of wine, and enjoy it in your room (if you want to save money). I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Rumee
Nick C, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Hotel & Conference Centre London Heathrow, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Rumee,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to review the Park Inn Hotel & Conference Centre London Heathrow.

I was delighted the hotel met your expectations and you found everything to your satisfaction – it’s a shame you did not use the restaurant or lounge as I am sure you would have been equally as pleased.

I hope you will try the hotel again very soon.

Leicester
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I booked this hotel through a fly-drive package and was very impressed by the excellent value for money it offered for such a respected brand name hotel. I had 10 days car parking included in the deal. The car park is big and I found a large parking space in a shady spot.

The staff in reception were incredibly polite, efficient and helpful. Check in was very smooth.

The room was clean and well appointed with TV and wifi - although the TV could have done with better reception.

I dined in the bar, as I did not want a full meal. I have to say that the food was of high quality and good value for money. Pork kebabs with hoisin sauce, on a bed of noodles, plus a pint of Stella cost under £20.

As for the bed, it was very comfortable - a real bonus as I normally find that my first night in an hotel produces a poor sleeping experience (unfamiliar bed). As I had to get up at 4am, it was therefore important to enjoy the few hours sleep I was able to get. I had booked an early morning call which was punctual. The TV also offers and automatic wake-up facility.

As I had an early flight, check out was automatic (all had been prepaid and there was no in-room mini bar to incur additional charges). I got the Hopper bus to terminal 4 and all went without a hitch.

On my return to England, all I had to do was pick up the car. Number plate recognition meant that I could drive away immediately, with nothing more to pay.

I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Away from Lifts
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank twowheels1205
Dear Twowheels 1205,

I was pleased to read yet another very positive review about the Park Inn Hotel & Conference Centre London Heathrow.

I would like to mention the hotel is in process of changing the in-room entertainment to total FreeView, this not only provides many more channels but also the picture quality dramatically improved. The project will be complete by mid September.

Thank you for finding the time to review the hotel and I hope you will use the hotel again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Drayton
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Hotel & Conference Centre London Heathrow? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Park Inn by Radisson Hotel & Conference Centre London Heathrow

Property: Park Inn by Radisson Hotel & Conference Centre London Heathrow
Address: Bath Road | London Borough of Hillingdon, West Drayton UB7 0DU, England (Formerly Park Inn Hotel & Conference Center London Heathrow)
Location: United Kingdom > England > Greater London > West Drayton
#6 Luxury Hotel in West Drayton
Hotel Class:4 star — Park Inn by Radisson Hotel & Conference Centre London Heathrow 4*
Conveniently situated at London's Heathrow airport- The worlds busiest International airport -and adjacent to London's major motorway networks M4/M25, Park Inn Heathrow is also close to all the excitement of central London, which is just 15 minute train ride away on the Heathrow Express. Park Inn Heathrow is ideally located near Stockley Park Business Centre, Bedfont lakes, Windsor and Maidenhead. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Rezidor, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Park Inn by Radisson Hotel & Conference Centre London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Park Inn London Heathrow Hotel West Drayton
Park Inn West Drayton
Heathrow Park Inn
Park Inn Heathrow
Heathrow Le Meridien
Park Inn By Radisson Hotel & Conference Centre London Heathrow West Drayton, Greater London