“Enjoyable experience: no, but it gets the job done”

Park Inn Hotel & Conference Center London Heathrow
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Vilanova i la Geltru, Spain
“Enjoyable experience: no, but it gets the job done”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

If you are in business for a sleepover at Heathrow, this might be a reasonable choice. In general, I find that UK hotels are not up to standard and within a given class hotels are both more expensive and worse. The Park Inn is no exception: characterless, large, cattle-herd-style. Internet is free (thanks for that!) and acceptable (512k). There is a pay version if you need more speed. The gym closes at 22h and only reopens at 6h: not good. Breakfast was quite ok.
I ingenuously thought I could walk to the terminal, but you have to take a (chargeable) bus that actually takes 20min to get there! Buses come at different times, but from T5 only every 30min... Perhaps it would have been just as fast to take the tube and go somewhere more into town...
I am no fan, but I guess you noticed that.

Don't

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Nick C, General Manager at Park Inn Hotel & Conference Center London Heathrow, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear The Legos

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to review your stay at the hotel.

Outside of taking the terminal hoppa service to the airport there is in fact a free bus which stops opposite the hotel which takes you into terminals 1 & 3 – if your terminal is 4 or 5 you can connect via taking a very short tube journey.

I hope you will try the hotel again when you will see the benefits of the refurbishments that are currently taking place.

Nick Campbell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (414)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

Booked a premier room at the hotel which was more like a suite with separate entrance hallway with wardrobe and cabinet with tea coffee making facilities with a bathroom and bedroom leading off from this. Room was spacious, king size bed which was comfortable.

Complaints - when switching on the bedside lamp a strange electrocution type noise started coming from the lamp and this also happened when opening and closing the bathroom door which was rather worrying. The fridge or internet connection made a humming noise all night long and we were unable to turn it off so it kept me up for some of the night. We had a pay per view movie in out package yet were still charged for it the next day so I requested for it to be taken off the bill which it was. Breakfast was a nightmare with a queue of around 20 people waiting to be seated. Yes we arrived at breakfast for 9am so prime time but there were many tables waiting to be cleared yet not enough staff on shift to cope with the volume of people staying in the hotel, I felt very sorry for them as they were clearly stressed. After we were seated for breakfast quite literally on top of the table next to us an angry man came over and starting arguing with my husband stating we had stolen his table despite us being sat there by the restaurant staff. Overall a very disappoint and disorganised dining experience which was a shame as they had a wonderful selection of food. We ordered room service the night before which was prompt and lovely so thanks for this.

On checkout I complained about the potential electrocution hazard from the bedside lamp with the clearly dodgy electrics in our room and the noisy fridge that kept me up half the night but the receptionist was not bothered which really upset me. Not even an apology! As a regular traveller who has stayed at most hotels in the bath road by heathrow this was by far the worse for customer service from reception which surprised me as they are a large hotel chain. Would I recommend? No.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Jodester21
Dear Jodester21

I was of course disappointed to read your review of your recent stay at the Park Inn Hotel & Conference Centre London Heathrow.

From your description I have easily pinpointed which room you stayed, it is one of only 8 in the hotel, I will immediately have the noise you have described from both the lights and bathroom looked at – I am sure it is nothing major but of course understand how annoying it must have been to be disturbed. Again, I am sorry you had to queue for breakfast and the issue you had with a fellow guest – I suspect you stayed at the weekend when most guests tend to have breakfast around the same time, I do assure you every effort is made to have sufficient staff on duty to clear tables and avoid excess queuing.

I have of course noted you reported your concerns regarding the noise to reception on check out and I must apologise that the receptionist did not react accordingly, I will follow up with my Front Office Manager to action.

I sincerely hope you will consider trying the hotel again, as I do assure you your experience on this occasion was not typical and I am confident on a future visit you will not have similar problems.

Maplewood, United States
Reviewed March 3, 2014

To be ready for an early morning flight, the Park Inn is centrally located (allow 20-30 min for Terminals 4 & 5). It provides a good value for the rate, and is also an alternative to the high priced hotels in central London (if you can spare an hour to take the subway in & out of the center of town).

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Dear KimF

Thank you your review of the Park Inn Hotel & Conference Centre London Heathrow.

I was pleased to read everything was to your satisfaction and hope you will use the hotel again next time you require accommodation at the airport.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We booked this hotel as part of a package to park and stay. For the cost of £85 for the night and an eight day car park this was excellent value.

The hotel room itself was huge and the bed comfortable, just a shame we had to be up early for a flight! Very spacious area with a large bathroom and excellent facilities, an iron, drinks and toiletries.

Would not hesitate in booking a mystery hotel if this is the result - absolute bargain that was a stones throw from the airport with a regular hotel shuttle bus taking you directly to your terminal.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Nick C, General Manager at Park Inn Hotel & Conference Center London Heathrow, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Caz112,

What a great review! Thank you so much. I do hope you will return to us for a more leisurely stay in the future. We would really look forward to welcoming you back.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We stayed here after taking a chance and booking on a web site and did not know at time off booking were we would be staying.
We were very pleased, arrived early but given a room stright away, asked what time our flight was folling day, explaned not till 9pm folling night ,offered us a late check out no extra so able to stay in room till 3pm on day off traviel .
Did not eat in restaunt went across road to a nices pub .
There is a swiming pool wich you can use free off charge .
Please excuse spelling as not good and spell checker does not work on here

Room Tip: Room we had was very good all rooms look to be same
Dear d123265,

Thank you for the shining review. It's always nice to receive 5 stars. I am so pleased the team helped you with a late check out and that you managed to try our swimming pool. Maybe we could tempt you to try our Lounge Bar menu the next time you stay? It's full of items for every taste.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 1, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The hotel is very close to Heathrow, takes a couple of mins in a cab but the cab will cost about £10 due to surcharges. Hotel was quiet given the location the rooms were a little bit tired could do with a refresh.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mcnabb1985,

Thank you for leaving us a review. I am sorry to hear that you found the rooms to be a bit tired. I do hope that you will have the opportunity to visit us again as we are currently refurbishing 350 bedrooms due to be finished by the summer. I'm sure you will see a huge difference. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We Managed to get a good rate on our room though the car park charges are unreasonable (£15.00) per night. You struggled to get a space too. Hotel very clean and staff friendly and eager to assist. The breakfast was very good and staff were quick to assist with hot drinks when seated, We would consider staying here again if in the London area.

Room Tip: We were able to get the business suite for a good price, you need to shop around though
Dear D M,

Thank you for the fantastic 5 star review. I am pleased to hear that you would choose us again and that you found the staff so friendly and helpful. We do unfortunately have to charge for parking due to the high demand which it seems you experienced. If you are flying from Heathrow why not try our "Drive In, Fly Out" parking packages?

We hope to see you again in the future.

Kind regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Drayton
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel

Been to Park Inn Hotel & Conference Center London Heathrow? Share your experiences!