“Resting on its laurels”

Sheraton Heathrow Hotel
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
“Resting on its laurels”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Stayed overnight on a business trip prior to a very early morning flight.
No smile on check in, was allocated a room that had no mobile coverage ( Vodaphone). I complained and was told that ether were only a few rooms in the hotel that received a Vodaphone signal. Changed rooms to find the same problem. Was told by the hotel that it is a problem with Vodaphone ( unsurprisingly they disagreed!). In the end, had to walk around the car park making business calls.
Had an expensive but adequate dinner. Went to bed at 10pm to find the television was not working - by this time I was too tired and fed up to complain. Wake up call ( on time as requested at 4.30am) to find that the shower mixer tap did not work and there was no way of cooling the shower water which was too hot!
This is not what one expects from a chain like Sheraton. I have emailed my views to a person whose name was given to me by the check out clerk - we shall see!
In the meantime - an hotel to be avoided.

Room Tip: If you need mobile phone coverage - check at reception
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Sheraton_Heathrow, Manager at Sheraton Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write following your stay with us. We note your comments regarding the room and we will take immediate action to rectify, Also, being a user of the same network, I fully understand your frustration with the strength of signal in this area. It's not simply on the property itself, but for a few miles - particularly to the West. Comments such as yours will be forward to the providers hopefully in an effort to improve the facility for all. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (379)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Nashville, TN USA
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I took the Hoopa bus for 8 pounds roundtrip which dropped us at the hotel.
Check in was smooth but a bit of a line.
I found the hotel to be a maze of buildings and hallways that was somewhat confusing, but during my walk to my room, I realized this was an old hotel. The condition of the hallways, doors, carpets etc was somewhat low. Not terrible,just not great.
My room was upgraded and comfortable and I had internet included.
Bathroom was recently updated and spotless, but small.
Breakfast was buffet and adequate, but expensive.
Beware of hotel taxi's!!
I asked for taxi and the hotel called a car service , not a regular taxi. I was forced to wait while 4-5 normal taxi arrived for drop offs but the hotel does not use them.
The promised 5 minute wait was 25 minutes and I was late for my meeting.
The price I paid was a flat rate and per my coworker, he felt I overpaid by 40%.
Checkout was smooth and I was impressed with staff during my entire visit.
Onviously being a airport hotel, the noise from planes was very loud at times.
By the way there was a petrol station/ c store and McDonald's across the road that kept me happy for food during my stay for reasonable price compared to the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Sheraton_Heathrow, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
We thank you for your kind comments regards staff - which were passed on to all concerned; and also your appreciation of the bathroom, they are in fact not new, but are maintained on a regular basis. With reference to taxis, we are unable to hail black cabs as they don't visit the area too often and it is very strange to see more than one in an hour. It is also illegal for us to have Licensed mini-cabs waiting for jobs. Everything must be pre-booked, hence the short delay; 25 minutes, I agree is however excessive but we will take this up with the various companies which we use.
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Booked for one night prior to flight the next morning.

Check in was very slow. Too long to wait after a very long drive.

Room was not nice at all. Beds were old and soft. Pillows were terribly uncomfortable and there was no wifi signal. Cable internet didn't work either. Contacted duty manager who gave me the runaround with some off site wifi provider who couldn't fix anything and then back to duty manager who clearly couldn't care less.

Gym is 24 hour and seemingly well equipped but the equipment is poorly maintained.

Found upon departure that the scheduled hotel hoppers do not actually come to this hotel when scheduled. There was no information on this from the hotel. Called hotel hopper - they didn't care and didn't try to help, nor did the hotel front desk. When I asked to have my hotel hopper fee refunded, the initial answer from the front desk was "the person who sold it to you isn't here, so we cannot refund it!"

Finally, there was one helpful bellman who gave us the refund for the hopper and got us a taxi to the airport so we could make our flight on time.

Overall way too much stress, and most of it caused by mis-management of the hotel and it's contracted services. If there was even some way of notifying the guests that the hopper was not working so they need to take a taxi, it would have saved nearly an hour of frustration.

The hotel itself is old and shabby and it seems that cost cutting is happening everywhere inside and outside the hotel. Cannot recommend this one at all.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments following your stay with us. With regards to the Gym equipment please be assured that I will investigate your concerns personally, as all of our equipment is regularly maintained despite the fact that most is only six weeks old. Again with reference to the Hoppa service, your comments will be forwarded to National Express, but unfortunately at present I can only apologise. They have been operating for more than 15 years and generally provide an excellent service to all the Hotels at Heathrow. One can only assume that on this occasion the bus would have been held up probably by a minor accident somewhere along the route. We trust that this did not disrupt your travel plans too much.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The hotel buses stop running at 11pm, the first taxi wanted 35 pound to drive us 2-3 miles, you are at there mercy and they know it, we ended up getting there for 20 pound.
It is not like in the USA where the Sheraton bus takes you for free.
The room was stuffy and the air-con made no difference to the temperature, it was hot.
You can leave your bags for few days, which is great when your are on a long trip.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jtwmusic
Sheraton_Heathrow, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
We understand your frustration regarding buses, but all hotel op.2perating licences at Heathrow were revoked around 15 years ago. This was an environmental issue and in so doing has reduced the number of buses into Heathrow by 60%. The black cabs at the Airport generally offer a good service and a reputable taxi should charge no more than £15from the terminal to any Hotel in the area. We trust you find this information helpful
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 8, 2013

For a one night stay before flight the next morning .Very efficient check in. Clean room. Lovely restaurant (with great service). Easy access to Heathrow. Free parking overnight at hotel. Would recommend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ann A
Sheraton_Heathrow, General Manager at Sheraton Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for your very kind comments which will be passed on to all concerned. Constructive comments from experienced travellers are always welcome, thank you
Halesowen Uk
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Stayed here for three days and two nights for a training conference. Nice comfortable rooms, only tried the cafe once, a bit expensive for the portion sizes but good quality (there is McDonalds opposite, if your on a tight budget) Breakfast was a bit chaotic and the cooked items are hidden around the corner, great choice of items and staff worked hard to please. Wifi, like others have reported, it not that great, for a premium brand hotel you expect a lot better! On had a discounted rate of £5 a day for the internet, otherwise its £13.50 a day which is crazy price.Car parking is a little expensive at £15 a day. but expect this for the location, still a rip off in my view. Overall I would recommend this hotel

Room Tip: Book well in advance to get a good rate (up to 20% discount)
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
SHH_Hotel_Manager, Manager at Sheraton Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear MikeShenstone,

Thank you for your great feedback about the Sheraton Heathrow Hotel. We are please to see you found your room with its Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed comfortable. Thank you for all your valuable comments. We have reviewed them with our team and will certainly take them into account. We do offer free Wi-Fi access in the hotel lobby, at the Link@Sheraton, our restaurant and bar. We offer also complimentary internet access to our SPG Gold and Platinum members and to all guest, who stay in one of our Club Room.

We look forward to welcoming you next time you travel over Heathrow. Don't hesitate to reach out to our Duty Manager team on shift 24 hours a day or myself directly, should we be able to make your stay a more pleasant one.

Warm regards,
Antoni
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I used wotif.com and ended up with a great rate....you think it will all be "you pay" for everything but I have got to admit for the price....I checked in with ease, a man took my bags up to my room, the room had aircon, clean tidy and free bottled water!!!!

Room Tip: Use wotif and my £250 room ended up being £80 with breakfast!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 Hotel
Thistle London Heathrow Hotel
Thistle London Heathrow Hotel
#9 of 12 in West Drayton

Been to Sheraton Heathrow Hotel? Share your experiences!