“Lobby / restaurant facelift but rooms long overdue”

Sheraton Heathrow Hotel
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

My comments will echo other reviewers. Very convenient for airport via Hoppa H4 & H52.

Lobby and restaurant renovation is good and raised my hopes the rooms had improved and didn't smell musty. Unfortunately the rooms haven't been updated and need to be.

Breakfast buffet was not a very broad selection and I found hair on my cheese. Other than that it was 'functional'.

I've been Starwood plat for many years, now lifetime gold - a huge Starwood fan...but this hotel lets the Starwood brand down.

• Stayed: May 2013
SHH_Hotel_Manager, Manager at Sheraton Heathrow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Dear Ianplows,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on TripAdvisor. Great to read you enjoyed the refurbished public areas, lobby, bar and restaurant. We will definitely take into account your comments about the breakfast and the rooms. We are working at the moment on a project to improve all our guest floors. We trust this will make the difference you are looking for.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Heathrow Hotel

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Heathrow never a pleasant airport to stay overnight. Seeing the £4.50 shuttle bus was another 20 minutes away I decided to take a taxi from T3. Beware it cost due to traffic £25.00. Reception was fantastically efficient and friendly. Room ok. Could benefit from better double glazing. Shuttle worked ok in the morning. Airport hotels will never be your best travel experience but this was acceptable. Better access is the main weakness but probably that is the same for all hotels at Heathrow away from the new hotel atT5.

Room Tip: Make sure you know which Sheraton you are booking at Heathrow. There is a second Sheraton the Shera...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
SHH_Hotel_Manager, Manager at Sheraton Heathrow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

RobinC15MV,

Thank you for your good review of the Sheraton Heathrow Hotel. A very suitable and easy option to access our hotel are the free public busses from or to any Terminal. They stop in about 3-5min walking distance from our hotel entrance. From Terminal 5 you could take the 350 or 441. You can find more easy to access and understandable information on the Transport for London website. We look forward to welcoming you at our hotel next time you travel over Heathrow. Don’t hesitate to reach out to our Duty Managers or myself directly, should you have any recommendation on how we can make your stay more comfortable. We would love to hear from you.

Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

The rooms were clean but sparse. The food in the restaurant average but limited. The tv had less than 10 channels and the front desk staff were at times confused.

A place I won't return unless stranded again.

• Stayed: January 2013
SHH_Hotel_Manager, Manager at Sheraton Heathrow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Dear JHecht712,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We are sorry to read your feedback. We would love to be able to make your stay more comfortable. When at the Sheraton Heathrow, don’t hesitate to reach out to one of our Duty Managers on shift 24 hours a day or to myself directly. We are sure our chefs could prepare a dish, which you would enjoy. Just let us know what dish you would like to have, and we will prepare it. Also we would make sure that the TV in your room is working properly with all its 25 standard channels plus all the Movie on Demand selection.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

This was my third or fourth stay here most recently, and I was again disappointed. I am a Starwood Platinum member, and always have great experiences, but wow.

The staff is very friendly when checking you in but can be a bit slow. The more I come to London, though, the less shocked I am by how slow most hotels can be at this.

Anyway, the lobby smelled like a nursing home - musty and damp. Clinical, even. I got to my room and was instantly pissed off. It smelled like someone had dropped a fresh dookie in my toilet. I immediately went into the bathroom and flipped up the toilet lid expecting to confront a fresh steamer, but it was empty and sparkling clean. I sprayed my room with cologne and stepped out for a bit. When I came back the smell had returned. I sprayed the room again but when I woke up from a nap a few hours later, the smell was back again.

My colleagues said that their rooms also stank, and that the fire alarms were hanging from the ceilings by their wires.

All in all, the lodging was a huge disappointment although the staff provided the good Sheraton service I have come to expect.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear RICJ72,

Thank you for your great feedback about our team. We are sorry however to read your comments about the smell in the room. Please do not hesitate to contact our team of Duty Managers on duty 24 hours a day or myself directly before or during your stay. We would be happy to attend you and make sure you have a comfortable time at the Sheraton Heathrow Hotel.
Regarding the fire alarms, I can assure you they are regularly tested in all the rooms, public and back of the house areas. This is done and certified by an external company as per the strict local and Starwood fire safety standards and regulations.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Just a one night stay waiting for a connecting flight and I found this hotel clean, fresh and quite inexpensive. They served a buffet breakfast which was free for my group and quite delicious and the Hoppa shuttle was just outside the front door costing 4.5 pounds to get you to terminal 4 or 5. The rooms are clean and have all the required amenities. Staff are friendly and very helpful. When the Hoppa was late they immediately contacted the right persons to get the bus to us.
I highly recommend this hotel for any required stays near Heathrow.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mike S

Dear Mike S,

Thank you for your nice and friendly review of the Sheraton Heathrow Hotel. Great to read you found it clean and fresh and you enjoyed the breakfast. We aim to offer a high level of service and warm welcome to all our guests. We look forward to welcoming you next time you stay in the Heathrow area.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Oh sheraton, how you disappoint me.

I know I shouldn't be too critical since its only an airport hotel, but I was disappointed in the service you provided me.

First I arrived around 11pm and it took more than ten minutes to check in. I was glad to hear of my upgrade to executive level, but when I got to room I felt truly sorry for those not upgraded because my room was a little bit bigger than a coat room. I was also giving free Wi-Fi, but I had trouble accessing it and it took three phone calls and more than a dozen rings before I finally go the assistance of guest services.

And 4£ for the bus to Heathrow? Ridiculous. And don't be fooled, you need to take the bus or taxi to the airport. No walking despite the close proximity.

Room Tip: Try to get an upgrade at all costs.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear FDURecruiter,

Thank you for your honest review of our hotel. We are sorry to read you didn’t find the room size appropriate. Regarding the Wi-Fi connectivity we are constantly upgrading our system to offer better service to our guests and will certainly follow up on your feedback. Thank you for your comments. They help us to improve. We apologise for the inconvenience ocurred.
As per the Heathrow Airport Authorities no particular hotel shuttle bus is allowed to access the airport premises. All guests coming from or going to Heathrow hotels from or to airport terminals have to use the Hotel Hoppa Bus, which is run by National Express and costs £4.00 per person. Alternatively you could take one of the free public buses, which stop in 3-5min walking distance from the hotel main entrance.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

My stay at this hotel was the first time i was in England
I found the staff to be quite helpful, courteous, and very professional
This hotel offers free breakfast/ continental or full English with meat, bread, fruit, beans, eggs, cereal, yogurt,and even salmon
My room was ready when i checked, clean, comfortable, included wet bar, TV, two telephones plenty of lightning of coursre room service for a fee of course
i am a preferred member, so i took advantage of the free wi fi/ snacks, beverges, (beer and wine) PC use / TV/ and finger food offered in theh Club room on the third floor.6 pm til about 11
Hoppa Bjus service 5 GBP or walk a block to catch the 350 for freeI to Hathrow
I had no problems at this property...
Enjoyed my stay and will certainly return to London and stay at this property
be advised sometimes planes do pass overhead on way to the airport

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Dear fouche001,

Thank you for your great review of your stay at the Sheraton Heathrow. We are happy you enjoyed your time with us and found our hotel comfortable and clean. Good to read that as a SPG member you took advantage of all the benefits a Club Room has to offer.

We look forward to welcome you next time you travel to London.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Drayton
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Sofitel London Heathrow
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport

Been to Sheraton Heathrow Hotel? Share your experiences!