“Comfortable, convenient and a nice place to stay”

Sheraton Heathrow Hotel
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Tywyn, United Kingdom
“Comfortable, convenient and a nice place to stay”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I needed to stay in the area for a seven week period on business and chose this hotel, and am so pleased I did. I was able to prebook the first week through Starwood web site, but couldn't prebook the remaining weeks as my requirement to stay in the area was a moveable feast. As it turned out I did need to book a further five weeks accommodation, but by now the web site was offering a higher price per room being so much nearer the date of use (as per usual practise). I contacted the hotel directly by email via their web site and Emma Bond contacted me back very quickly. She very kindly offered me a very acceptable prepaid rate which could actually be cancelled without penalty if the hotel was informed before 2pm on the day of stay. I had to contact Emma a couple of times further to extend the bookings at very little notice and nothing was too much trouble - excellent service.

I stayed in club rooms on each occasion and used a total of 8 different rooms. Without exception they were all in excellent condition, well equipped and very comfortable. The inclusive toiletries including scrunge for the shower were good quality, as were the tea and coffee provisions. There is a iron and board in each room, along with a fluffy bath robe and slippers. Housekeeping kept the rooms very clean with the amenities and free water topped up daily.
A club room gets access to the club lounge, which is a comfortable place to sit and enjoy a glass of wine or beer and nibbles between the hours of 6-8pm. There is a friendly atmosphere with several regulars occupants there on business as well as those using the hotel for the night. All the staff I met were extremely friendly and quickly got to know your preferred drink in the evening and beverage at breakfast, which can be taken in the club lounge or downstairs in the main restaurant. The club lounge offers sausages, bacon and beans in buffet form, along with a good choice of croissants, bread, cereals, good quality colds meats and cheese, along with lovely fresh fruits. I preferred to eat here than the larger restaurant as it more than catered for my needs, I could also pick up a copy of the Telegraph from here. Outstanding are Clifa, Andrea and Kamila for standards of service in the lounge.
A previous reviewer complained about the lack of internet available in the hotel, in a club room it comes free both attached and wi fi. I had no trouble connecting wi fi with my android tablet either in my room or in the lounge.
I ate in the restaurant twice but found the food not really to my taste and the steaks were rather pricey. I did use room service three times and found it to be excellent. The steak was cheaper in room service, well cooked and presented and served by a very pleasant young man.
My only observation would be the rather annoying hairdryers which a located in the top drawer of the desk and held in there by cable which I found awkward to use.
It is very well located for getting into central London, and obviously Heathrow either by taxi or the hotel hopper bus which calls at fifteen minute intervals. There is ample parking, along with good stay park fly deals on the web site. As with all hotels in the area you do have to pay to park your car (BAA rules).
I certainly saw no signs of anything tatty, smelly or dated rooms throughout my stay, only well kept public and guest only areas, with friendly efficient staff with a can do attitude.
Highly recommend this hotel, I found it a very nice place to return to each night after an extremely stressful day.

Room Tip: Club rooms are worth the extra, book as far advance as possible via Star wood to get the best price
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Guest_Relations-SH, Manager at Sheraton Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Amanda C,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this extensive review of your stay at the Sheraton Heathrow Hotel. We aim to offer a warm welcome and high level of service to all our guests. It is great to read that your stays were all pleasant ones and that you could feel comfortable with us. Thank you especially for the great feedback about our team.

We have noted you suggestions regarding the restaurant and a few details in the room. Don’t hesitate to contact me directly or one of our Duty Managers on shift 24 hours a day, so we can make sure to improve straight away.

Looking forward to welcoming you next time you are staying around Heathrow. Warm regards,

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

I used this hotel for an early morning check in and it was fine for this. It's rates Re good also. It's not right next to the terminals (you can't walk) and there is a con on taxis (£12) and buses (£4.50) for a journey of less than 1km but that's the same for all hotels on that road and compared to the price of the hotels at the terminals it's worth doing. The room was clean, large and check in and out was very fast and efficient. They even had some free pastries and tea/coffee/orange for people waiting for the first bus of the morning at 4.30 as breakfast wasn't open then and that was a very nice touch. I would highly recommend this hotel.

I've been before also for a conference and can recommend the food as very good. There's a macdonalds across the road if you prefer that as an alternative option and there's a takeaway pizza menu in the rooms for a firm who will deliver direct to the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Jamsimsafc
Dear Jamsimsafc,

Thank you for all you great feedback about the pizza, the food, the room and check in and out at the Sheraton Heathrow Hotel. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you again for a conference or just when passing by.

Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here twice and I have noticed the lobby and the lounge area has been renovated since the last time I stayed here. The room was spacious and clean and the housekeeping staff was friendly and helpful through out my stay. There is a shuttle to terminal 4 which costs only £4.00. I was able to get a good rate as I booked in advance and it was good value specially when you consider the location.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Guest_Relations-SH, Manager at Sheraton Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Dear Gerhard K,

Thank you for taking the time to post your good feedback about your last stay at the Sheraton Heathrow on TripAdvisor. Great to see you liked our refurbished public areas, particularly the lobby and the lounge. Thank you also especially for the excellent comments about our team, namely our housekeeping associates.

We all look forward to welcoming you soon again.

Stone, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed at the Sheraton Heathrow on saturday 26th January, we booked a double room including evening dinner and parking for 21 nights duration including hoppa tickets to heathrow next morning. Check in was quick easy and room was clean comfortable and warm. Parking was good and the hoppa bus took us straight to terminal next morning and waiting time on our return from Malaysia was quick and easy. Would definately stay at this hotel again for convenience and comfort. Our evening meal was also very good, staff were friendly and helpful... have no complaints..

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear JLB1,

Thank you for all your good comments about the Sheraton Heathrow and for taking the time to post them on TripAdvisor. We are happy to read you found our facilities and our service convenient and comfortable. We aim to offer a warm welcome to all our guests and look forward to have you staying with us soon again in the future.

Best regards,

Assistant Executive Manager
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We spent the night here before an early flight from Heathrow, and were generally very impressed! Check-in was very efficient; the room size / furnishing / amenities were of a good standard; and despite being very close to Heathrow there was no noise. I also thought the service was a bit better than other airport hotels I've stayed in, and the decor and facilities also seemed a little more than one would expect in other similar hotels. In particular it was nice to find a (very inexpensive!) airport hotel with bathrobes in a standard room! (Don't confuse it with the Sheraton Skyline, which is nearby, and which is also a good choice around Heathrow - but they're not on the same airport bus route!)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear so3003,

Great to read your post on TripAdvisor. We aim to offer a warm welcome and high level of service to all our guests. We are happy to see, that you found the Sheraton Heathrow better than other hotels, especially the service. Your post motivates us to always to go further to be able to offer you an attention and experience beyond your expectations.

Hope to be able to welcoming you next time you travel over Heathrow.

Worcestershire, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We stayed here prior to flying out from Heathrow and the location is good. On arrival we had some issues around getting a room where both the wifi and the heating worked. But in fairness the staff were very good in moving us rooms and a free bottle of wine was appreciated. Next morning the Hotel manager saw us and gave us a reduced rate. Things do go wrong it's how people react to putting them right that matters and in that regard the staff were five star.
The hotel itself is good,the rooms are of a decent size, you do get a good nights sleep the showers good whilst, breakfast had a good range of food.
We will use it again.

Room Tip: We had a club room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Freeman5802
Dear freeman58,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your experience at the Sheraton Heathrow on TripAdvisor. We are sorry to read about the inconvenience you experienced with your room, but it is great to see we could turn it around and we could find one which would suit you and offer the facilities you can expect when staying at our hotel.

We are looking forward to welcoming you soo again. Don't hesitate to contact me directly or one of our Duty Managers on shift 24h, should there be anything we can help you with.

Wembury
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I stayed here before an early morning flight to Dallas, I had a superb room in which I rested well. I would have liked another couple of hours in it. The hoppa bus to and from the airport is efficient

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Seascape20

Great to read such a feedback about your time at the Sheraton Heathrow. We are happy that you could take full advantage of your room and had a good rest before your flight.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again next time you travel over Heathrow Airport.

Antoni Executive Assistant Manager
Thistle London Heathrow Hotel
Thistle London Heathrow Hotel
#9 of 12 in West Drayton
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel

Been to Sheraton Heathrow Hotel? Share your experiences!