“Below par 4* hotel but OK for a night at the right price” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Heathrow Hotel

Sheraton Heathrow Hotel
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
London, United Kingdom
“Below par 4* hotel but OK for a night at the right price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2012

I won this hotel on Priceline at a bid of £40 ($62) for a 4* weeknight stay in the LHR area. Having read some dreadful reviews, I wasn’t chuffed about staying here but the hotel was definitely not the Armpit of Hell that I was expecting. The renovations are nearing completion and the new reception area is already open.

Check-in needs to be quicker: once being served, it took 10 minutes to be allocated my room when ideally it should take only 3-4 minutes.

My room (1418) was on the ground floor, a healthy stroll from reception. It was in a fairly good condition, of average size, clean, with a hard floor, new furniture, flatscreen TV with lots of channels plus pay movies, and a bit of scratched skirting. The bed was comfortable enough, although the mattress had a bit of a dip on the right hand side. I had requested a quiet room and experienced no nuisance noise at any time. Negatively, the safe didn’t work, the curtains were difficult to move and the aircon would not produce cold air. But on balance OK for a very short stay.

Bathroom was fine with all the usual amenities.

The corridors are definitely very worn and the ancient fire doors are heavy, narrow and difficult to navigate with luggage, but I’ve seen worse.

Breakfast was served in temporary facilities when I was there and I was perfectly happy with the quality and quantity. Staff were fine.

The Sheraton Heathrow isn’t the best hotel in the LHR area (that’s the Crowne Plaza) and not even the better of the 2 Sheratons. The new restaurant area will probably be fine when the refurbishment is complete, but the corridors need a lot of attention. However, it seems a good enough place for a one night stopover if it’s decently priced. You may find that it is the cheapest 4* option in the area and it is particularly convenient for T5.

Bear in mind that on Priceline, if you want a 4* LHR hotel in the middle of the week for one person, you should definitely not start your bidding above £39-40.

Don’t waste your money on the Hoppa bus if you are travelling light and/or without children. The 350 bus (5 minutes from T5) and the U3 bus (10 minutes from Heathrow Cental bus station for T1 and T3) stop within a walk of 5 minutes from the hotel and are free.

Room Tip: Sign up for free as a Sheraton Preferred Guest, it might help you get a better room.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Guest_Relations-SH, Manager at Sheraton Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time and for writing this thorough review of our hotel. Our new restaurant The Orchard is now open and it looks really stunning. I am sure you would enjoy our new menu selection and our the freshly baked bread, right out of our Wood Stone Oven.

We have noticed you comments about our corridors and the few improvements we have to do in your room and will definitely improve on that very soon. By then and when you experience our new restaurant and The Discovery Bar, we trust you will enjoy your stay with us.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (378)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Suffolk, England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for one night, prior to an early fligt from Heathrow the next day.
Got a good rate on priceline (bit under $80/night); seemed good for an off-site airport hotel at Heathrow.

Check-in was quick and efficient, and the front-desk staff were really friendly and helpful. There was a lot of renovation work going on on the ground floor, which is much needed, as the hotel is showing it's age. Had a ground-floor room which was OK, but needs some renovation (which I guess will happen eventually). No faults in the room, just showing its age a bit.

There are 5 PCs available for guests to use downstairs, handy for checking email etc. Also had free wifi, which was easy to connect to and quick.

Ate in the restaurant at night - good food, reasonably priced; they also had an all you can eat buffet (chinese I think) available, not sure if this was a one-off thing, or if offered every night.

Airport shuttle is the standard Heathrow Hoppa service, think this was £4 or £5 each way - Heathrow airport don't allow private shuttles, so this seems to be the only shuttle service available. Pick-ups are frequent, and doesn't take long to get to the airport from the hotel.

Would probably stay here again once the renovation work has been completed - the building works were a bit loud at times.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

We just opened The Orchard Restaurant with a new and appetizing menu. Next time you come, we are sure you will enjoy also our freshly baked bread, right from our Wood Stone Oven. Or have a drink at the Discovery Bar wile you taste some of our backs snacks. They are really appetizing and nicely presented.

Looking forward to welcoming you soon again at the Sheraton Heathrow Hotel.

Helsinki, Finland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel before also but this time my stay was very much below average.
I was upgrated to preferred floor.
This hotel is doing moderations..but to tell the truth.. i didnt see any improvement concerning rooms at least.
I was just wondering if my room was upper class... how terrible were those normal rooms.
When i got my bill... i noticed that i was charged eating in hotel restaurant, even i just ordered room service. I called to front dest to clear it out.
When checking out I got info from restaurant that I have been eating night before with them and the charge was right ..almost 50 pounds.. strange and unprofessional.
Usually I dont even check my bill... so just wondering how much more i have paid in my last stays.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank greeneyes010
Dear Guest,

I am sorry to read your comments about your stay at the Sheraton Heathrow and you didn’t like your room. I apologize, if we didn’t charge your room service dinner in the proper venue. We have reviewed this with our team and will make sure it is done properly as usual.

We just opened our new restaurant The Orchard, where we prepare fresh hot bread in our Wood Stone Oven and the Discovery Bar, where we serve chilled draft beers with and appetizing bar snack selection.
We sincerely hope you will be able to enjoy them next time you stay with us and improve your opinion about the Sheraton Heathrow Hotel.

Dover
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2012

We stayed at the Sheraton prior to going on holiday it's a Nice hotel , lovely rooms , clean and comfortable my only complaint is £3:50 for a small bottle of water and £5 for half a beer in the mini bar. Our stay included parking but we has to get taxis to the airport and at £21 a15 min ride I would not include parking again . Overall nice hotel but some parts expensive .

• Stayed September 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Guest_Relations-SH, Manager at Sheraton Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, February 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

We are happy you liked our hotel facilities. Thank you for your nice review. We are sure you would enjoy them even more, now that our reception area has been nicely refurbished. Very soon we will also have a new and exciting restaurant and bar.
We have noted your comments regarding the mini bar and will look into it. We can assure you however, that our pricing policy is in line with what other similar establishments would charge for this service. Regarding the transportation from the hotel to the airport terminals, we can only recommend you our Hoppa Bus service. You will be able to get a one-way ticket for GBP4.- from the hotel or for GBP4.50 from the bus driver directly. Otherwise you could also use the free public transportation buses running around Heathrow airport. You will find more information regarding this on our website.

Looking forward to welcoming you soon again at the Sheraton Heathrow. Best regards,

Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2012

Stayed 1 night as working near Heathrow on business, lots of building work going on, but only on reception from what i can see. Stayed in a ground floor room. Room was tired, poor decorating, uncomfortbale bed, air conditioning was noisy and just blew out hot air, no cooling, I opened the window and the handle was hanging off the frame, bathroom was poor quality, the toilet barely flushed !!! the worse 'brand' hotel I have ever stayed in.

I checked in at 11pm after checked out at 8am, if it was earlier I checked in I would have left the hotel and found an alternative, I have sent a complaint email as the website never mentioned oingoing work.

Room Tip: ask for a mordern clean one (if the exist)
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Paul W
Dear Guest,

I am sorry to read your comments about your stay, especially that you didn’t like your room. Our beds are all Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds and usually we get good comments about them. As a part of our continuing dedication to make the Sheraton Heathrow an even better place to stay, we are currently working on a new bar and new restaurant to accompany our brand new reception. The bar and restaurant will both be completed by the 28th February 2012 with an exciting concept and new menu offering.
I would be happy to look closer into your request, if you contact me directly at our hotel e-mail address res293.heathrow@sheraton.com, however the ongoing refurbishment is mentioned on our web. If you mention in which room you stayed, we can then also make sure the issues you are mentioning are fixed.

Thank you for your valuable comments. Best regards,

UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2012

Finally I found an airport hotel worth visiting and the money. I thought I would never do it, well around Heathrow anyway.

I booked this though an agent to get a good rate with free parking included and we were very happy with what we recieved. Keep it up guys if this is how you do it here we will be back.

Great check in, full marks to a very friendly receptionship from Egypt who could not have been more helpful and polite.

We had a nice room, yes they are a little dated but it was very clean, had all the extra timings you want including large modern tv, free water and coffee making.

Easy check out and simple parking arrangements.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank docscooter
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your excellent feedback about the Sheraton Heathrow. We are happy we could give you a warm and friendly welcome, especially at check in and that your room was to your likening. Your comments keep us motivated to focus on our strong points, improving our services, so we can surpass your expectations next time you stay with us.

Looking forward welcoming you back soon at the Sheraton Heathrow.

Plymouth England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2012

They are in the middle of a major renovation and still attempting to provide a good service.
Checkin and out was as efficient as usual
We were club class free drinks and snacks, nice room,comfortable Bed and pillows.
The evening meal was good although not quite as hot as it should be.
Look forward to staying again when the renovations are completed

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your good comments about your last stay with us. We are happy you enjoyed our facilities. The renovations of our restaurant and bar will be finished by the end of the month of February and we will reopen with an exciting concept and new menu.

We look forward to welcome you then. Best regards,

Assistant Executive Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Drayton
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Sofitel London Heathrow
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 Hotel
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport

Been to Sheraton Heathrow Hotel? Share your experiences!