“Not too bad...not overly amazing”

Sheraton Heathrow Hotel
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Reviewed November 7, 2011

The plus side is how close this hotel is to heathrow. Rooms are fine, modern, roomy, not bad at all. We paid extra for club floor with access to the lounge. Totally not worth it though for a couple of drinks and potato nibbles. Service from the staff was practically non existant as they were so busy. If your looking for clean modern rooms with no frills then fine....just shop about for a good rate as you won't want to fork out too much here.

• Stayed: December 2010
Guest_Relations-SH, Sheraton Heathrow Hotel at Sheraton Heathrow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

I am glad you found our hotel location convenient however I am sorry to hear that you did not experience great service from us.
We pride ourselves on our service and your comments will be passed to the team in order to improve in the future.

Kind regards,

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Heathrow Hotel

Reviewed November 6, 2011

Good deal. This is a Sheraton but has it style its own. A great business center in entrance lounge area. Many computers to check your travel and E-mails.

The hotel was crowded with students and economy class travelers. However, room has amenity of Sheraton. Equipped with many power outlet and adapters. The size of the room is UK size not USA size. The breakfast was expensive but probably worth the price if you willing to spend. I decided to eat at airport. The charge over night car park was not so bad and we found a spot.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2011

We were kept waiting at check in so were given an upgraded room. Rooms were updated, modern, and clean. Service was great, close to airport, easy by bus. Breakfast was good. Overall great value for what we paid. Good for a stay before a flight

1  Thank PeteCav

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay and found your booking value for money.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed November 1, 2011

We recently stayed at this hotel twice on a trip in and out of the UK. We chose it because of its location and the Sheraton brand. Service was excellent and staff knowledgeable and friendly. Food was very good however the rooms were on the small side, somewaht old and tired. Hotel badly needs a major update to the rooms . The heating/air conditioning system did not work well-did not respond to the room controls.

Room Tip: Ask for any larger room
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Guest_Relations-SH, Sheraton Heathrow Hotel at Sheraton Heathrow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

I am glad to hear that you found the service excellent and highlighted how the staff are so friendly.

I am sorry to hear that the room was not up to standard and you had issues with the heating in your room.
I can assure you that all our rooms are of a standard size and no smaller than the average 4 star hotel in the Heathrow area. We always strive to keep our rooms to the Sheraton Standard and all your comments will be passed on to the housekeeping team.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed October 31, 2011

My husband arrived a day ahead of me and was checked into a room on the ground floor. The room was very damp and had a musty smell. There was a door in the corridor near our room open to the courtyard and it was open all the time, no screen, just open to the outside. The courtyard is surrounded by the building so not a security issue as much as a bug and dampness problem. We asked the front desk for a new room and was moved to the 3rd floor. This room was better although they really need some updating. There are no king beds, only queens and doubles. The computers in the lobby are available free and are a nice touch but at least one would always be out of order and you would need to wait for someone to hopefully leave or just come back later. You do need to pay a nightly fee to park and the lot is full every night so really need to search for a spot. Convenient but during our previous visit we stayed at the Sheraton Skyline and found that be a much nicer and updated property.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I apologize that you had to change rooms during your stay.

All your comments will be taken on board and we will investigate the issues you encountered.

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 30, 2011

This hotel is one a few that is almost directly across from Heathrow airport and very convenient to catch one of the hotel shuttles to. The place really looks like it is in need of a modernization plan. The rooms on the smaller size and the place has the odor of an older property. I was given a room on the highest floor which was fairly quiet but most of the doors are not very well maintained. The restaurant had a pretty good selection for breakfast and dinner. I had the buffet for both meals but each time I left the table and returned, my silverware, drink and setting were cleaned up and removed. I think they should be a little more attentive and take notice of the restaurant patrons. And the last straw was when the sewage lines broke and the entire hotel lost power. I checked out to the Crowne Plaza Heathrow and this place is much nicer!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Ray L
Guest_Relations-SH, Manager at Sheraton Heathrow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2011

Dear Ray,

thank you for your feedback about your short stay at the Sheraton Heathrow on Tripadvisor and thank you for the good comments about our food selection.
We apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay. Your comments have been well noted, will be discussed with the team and we will be working on their improvement shortly.

During your stay unfortunately a water drainage system in the public distribution system broke down and flooded our basement, resulting in the hotel losing power.
Therefore our guests have been booked into alternative hotels of the same level in the Heathrow area. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused by this incident outside our hotel.
Should you wish to discuss this matter further I have sent a private message to you.

Best regards,

Antoni
Executive Assistant Manager

Reviewed October 30, 2011

We used the Sheraton Heathrow prior to an early departure from T5 the next morning.Our plan was to avoid an early morning start and 2 hours in the car for an eight a.m. flight.

The hotel's proximity to the airport, initially would have suggested it was a reasonable choice.Things did not start well, nowhere to park! Having found a space no room to get out of the car, I do on occasion lack some patience, the temperature was rising. it was just after 3 p.m. on a Tuesday afternoon and we were queueing to check in, with only one of the six check in desks manned the queue was getting long!!!!!.Eventually, another member of staff arrived and the pace began to quicken. During check in I was informed the Wi-Fi could be used for the small sum of £15, at the Golden Arches across the road it was free!!! Check in complete we were allocated a ground floor room, with internal views. We planned an early night, so "a dunk in the bath", a beer and a bit to eat were in order before bed. The water in the bathroom would be best described as not even hand hot, which didn't go down to well with Mrs Mobile Mackem. I tried the shower ,it reminded me of my school days.

We headed to the bar, the drinks were not as overpriced as I had anticipated, the barman was obviously new to the job as he required and was looking for instruction.

Next stop,the restaurant, having perused the menu, I was struck by the price of sausage and mash at £16.50. I love my food and have paid the odd restaurant bill in my time, they would have to be pretty good sausages to justify that sort of price. For the record, I had the same dish at the chop house in Cambridge for £10 they were excellent and locally produced. For some reason, which I am still to justify I went for the buffet. Suffice to say,it filled a hole. I headed for bed, the room was very warm and the heating was off, so I opened the window for some air. Good choice for those with a passing interest in aircraft engines. Why is it impossible for a hotel to manage the heating system to reflect the external conditions,why does mild weather require the room to be like a furnace. The mattress brought a whole meaning to the expession "roll together." We were up and out at 5.30ish, check out was much quicker than check in, there were more staff about!!
Airport hotels have a captive audience and the food and beverage charges are reflective. In short, I felt short changed and wished I had stayed at home.At least I would have felt more content when reaching my eventual destination.

3  Thank mobile_mackem

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I am sorry to hear that your experience was not a positive one.

We rely a great deal on the feedback we receive from guests and all comments, positive or constructive will be used in order to improve our service.

Warm Regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Drayton
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Sofitel London Heathrow
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport

Been to Sheraton Heathrow Hotel? Share your experiences!