“Easy for Legoland”

Novotel London Heathrow
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 23, 2007

Stayed at the Novotel for Legoland break with husband and two children - nice hotel friendly staff. Rooms were adequate although a bit squashed when the sofa bed was out for the children. Well equipped with iron and board, tea/coffee making facilities, tv and internet access and mini bar. Rooms were quite clean but not spotless as there were things left between drawers/cupboards etc but on the whole a pleasant stay for the price we paid. Easy to get too off the M4/M25 and easy to get to Windsor and Legloland. Breakfast was included in the price and full buffet style which was a good start to the day. Expensive to eat in the hotel so try to avoid this if possible. Pool area clean but next to the bar but still pleasant.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank liz21
There are newer reviews for Novotel London Heathrow

Reviewed August 9, 2007

The manager and staff at the Novotel heathrow were kind and very helpful to my husband and I during our stay. our room was bright and well maintained. As I became ill we used room service the food was great and reasonably priced. the manager arranged for us to go back into london so that I could go to hospital. as we always stay at the Elizabeth Hotel at lancaster gate he suggested that I go to St Mary.s Paddington.
this hotel has specials through tripadvisor and they are great.

2  Thank margeret
Reviewed August 5, 2007

I needed somewhere to stay 3/4 nights a week from Nov.06- June 07, so looked around at a number of alternatives.
The Novotel, was certainly the best value for money in the area.
The rooms are a reasonable size and always clean. The Hotel does need some investment in new carpets as they are getting a bit worn, but this is a busy hotel and some wear & tear is expected.
The location is very good and ideal for heathrow as the hopper bus stops here. (Suggestion- more than 4 of you-get a taxi!)

The staff are all friendly and when I have eaten in the hotel- found it very good( but a bit expensive) There are a number of alternatives for food & drink- try the Witherspoons at Stockly Park- 30min walk- short taxi trip)

car parking is charged per night £8 and this can get very crowded!

I would recommend the Novotel , and will be staying with them again in October.
Nick

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank Starman262
Reviewed July 10, 2007

The Novotel is near the airport, which we needed for a morning flight back to the US. It’s about the least expensive of the airport hotels, and was perfect for our needs. We had a large clean room, Queen size bed and a sofa (bed) and plenty of work surfaces for sorting and repacking to meet the 50# bag limit. There was a phone, nice LCD TV screen, huge window which opened (to freeway noise), and the amenities you expect, including ironing board and hot pot with tea and instant coffee. There is a decent indoor pool and a pleasant lobby. No complaints about the room or the service.

However, extras are priced way beyond the norm. Two simple grilled cheese sandwiches and 2 beers, with 10% tip set us back $ 40 USD! A club sandwich and two beers was $ 30. Internet service was $ 15 USD for an hour or $ 30 for 24 hours. The least expensive bottle of modest wine was $ 35 USD.

If needed, we would return, but we would bring our own refreshments and food.

Stayed: July 2007
5  Thank Travlin22006
Reviewed June 27, 2007

I travel to Heathrow quite often and stayed at Novotel three times this year. First impressions were good but eventually this changed. First time I stayed at Novotel (winter - outside temperature close to 0C) my room had no heating! Second time, I arrive late at night to check in and book a taxi for next morning. As you’d image the taxi was never booked and I had to ask for one and wait for some twenty minutes in the morning. Third stay: Reception calls at 8am, wakes me up after a long flight and asks if Mr X and Mr Y are in my room! Why would those people be in my room in the first place? The hotel is falling apart and they were certainly given a second and even third chance by me but no improvement. I’ll NEVER stay at Novotel again, especially when they charge over 100 pounds per night, which is a rip off for the level of accommodation they offer.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
5  Thank josh2004
Reviewed June 20, 2007

If you are looking for a reasonably priced comfortable but not ostentatious style hotel near Heathrow then you can rely on the Novotel group. My wife and I stayed here on June 3rd/ 4th 2007 having seen off a visitor from Russia ( see review of The Royal Horseguards Whitehall London) that evening.

We have stayed here before prior to and back from journeys abroad. The bedrooms are comfortable, well sound proofed and (hooray ) they now have flat screen TV's with a good selection of channels.

The rate we paid did not include any meals. We had an evening meal and a breakfast. Both were fine for this class of hotel though the service was very slow for the evening meal when there were not many guests present. (A 40 minute wait for the first course) A minus point. But a plus point is that the menu gives you the opportunity of building your own meal from the selections. Thus you could choose a particular meal and have it as a starter or main or just a taster. The standard of cooking was of a good quality, equal or even better than the much more expensive ROYAL HORSE GUARDS where we stayed in central London. Similarly the breakfast was more than adequate th next morning.

The journey by bus to Heathrow takes about ten minutes and costs £4 each way. You can buy tickets at reception or on the bus.

Would we stay there again ? Yes indeed - though the Crown Plaza looked interesting close by ..........................

Tony and Hilary Ireland Cheltenham England

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Astrotravel
Reviewed May 5, 2007

I stayed here a few times on business and would say that this hotel is a good base to stop over, nothing more and nothing less.

I found the rooms to be of varying standards - the disabled rooms on the ground floor are shabby and do not seem to have been refurbished in line with the other rooms, which are mostly of quite reasonable quality and have comfortable beds.

The food is OK but be careful what you pick - stick with safer options like fish and chips or club sandwiches which are good, but the ethnic food on offer is greasy and tastes like it's been frozen for quite a while. A better option is the great Achari curry house which is 5 minutes walk away.

This hotel is not great value for money, which is not so much down to the room rate as the cost of the addons. Charges for internet use, phone use, and overnight parking are all in my view extortionate, although if you arrive late in the evening the car park is usually full and you can park outside the hotel entrance for free! There is also a lack of wireless internet in the lobby - if you need to work in the evenings then this isn't the hotel for you.

The 'gym' is a complete joke and has only 2 pieces of outdated equipment and some free weights.

I have found the staff to be accomodating and helpful, and aside from the above I would recommend it to anyone who just needs to stop over for a night or two.

Stayed: May 2007
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow

Been to Novotel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!