“Friendly welcome, good value”

Novotel London Heathrow
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
GreenLeadersBronze level
York
“Friendly welcome, good value”
Reviewed October 17, 2010

If you are looking to stay and park, do not advance book your taxi. Either get the hotel to book it there or gtet the Heathrow service bus (depends on timing). Our taxi cost £15, the bus cost £8, but advanced booking a taxi can be over £50! The staff is very helpful on this - ring them first if you are unsure.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
MLucasLondon, General Manager at Novotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, October 20, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on the hotel following your recent stay with us.

I am obviously delighted to read that you found the staff to be helpful and hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Novotel London Heathrow again in the near future.

Michael Lucas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ballarat, Australia
Reviewed October 17, 2010

We used this hotel both before and on return from flight to Rome. The staff were helpful, the food is excellent and transport to LHR and into London was easy. We definitely would use this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

I have shared your feedback with all of my team as is great for them to hear that their efforts to provide true care and service are well received by our guests.

I hope that we will see you at Novotel London Heathrow again soon.

York, UK
Reviewed October 11, 2010

I needed a hotel in London following my arrival on a flight from China, and chose Novotel largely because it was offerring a good deal for a good quality hotel - surprisingly, an airport hotel was offerring better value for money than one further into London. In the event my flight was delayed, so I was grateful for a relatively nearby hotel, and the room was comfortable and provided all the services required. The only negative point is that it is further from the airport than some Heathrow hotels, and furtehr than I realised, so the time taken to reach it on the airport hotel bus was longer than I expected.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
MLucasLondon, General Manager at Novotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, October 13, 2010
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at Novotel Heathrow. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Halifax, Canada
Reviewed October 11, 2010

We've stayed here several times before, always after driving to the airport the night before a flight out, and needing little, we have found it to be adequate. This time, however, we arrived in the early afternoon on a flight from France, so needed rather more. There were so many problems, we will avoid this hotel in future.

We ordered fish and chips for two in the foyer restaurant. What arrived was one order of fish and chips, and two plates. When we pointed out the error, the server insisted that we had ordered "fish and chips to share". The word "share" had never been mentioned.

The extra pillows in the room had no cases on them. We had to ask one of the housekeepers in the hall for those.

I set up the iron and ironing board to press a shirt. There was no filler jug for putting water in the iron. Luckily it had a little water in it, otherwise I would have had to manhandle the entire board and iron into the bathroom to get to the tap, since the iron was attached to the board (how many people on overnight stays between flights are likely to steal an iron, do you suppose?). Next, I found that the soleplate of the iron was covered with baked-on goo. I called the front desk, and after 20 minutes a new iron and board was delivered. After setting it up and heating the iron, I found that it too had similar sticky goo on it. So I gave up on the ironing.

Earlier in the day, I had checked in online for the next day's flight, and saved our boarding passes as PDF files on a USB stick. The hotel foyer has two iMacs for guest use, only one connected to a printer (have they not heard of networking?). Unlike normal iMacs, these run some crippled Novotel-specific OS, apparently running on Windows (an Aston-Martin with a Lada engine). If this system has the ability to print PDF files, it is certainly very well hidden. The front desk staff were, however, happy print my files on their printer.

The box of Pringles in our minibar had been opened and re-closed. The supplied package of biscuits had been pulverised into crumbs. When we pointed these out to the person who delivered our room service dinner, he told us we would have to tell the front desk about it. Couldn't he have dealt with it?

Between us, my wife and I have three Internet-enabled devices, so we decided to buy the expensive (£14.95 for 24 hrs) wired connection, and plug in our wireless hub. That didn't work, since the connected device has to attempt to access a webpage to activate the service (why, since it has already been activated via the TV interface?). So we called the front desk to remove that service from our bill, and signed up for the £9.95 wireless service instead. However, the wireless service allows only one device to be connected at a time, so it is necessary to disconnect one device and go through the laborious sign-in procedure on another. And this didn't work with the iPad anyway, so it never got connected. The connection, when you eventually get it, is extremely slow. In summary the Novotel internet service is slow, expensive and inconvenient. They should look to other hotels to see how it should be done.

As others have reported, there is little or no ventilation, and the windows don't open, so the room was stuffy and hot.

The front desk staff were helpful, but clearly powerless to do anything except apologise profusely.

2 Thank PTCanuck
I am sorry that on this occasion you were disappointed with your stay at Novotel London Heathrow. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and am currently investigating the various issues that you have raised.

Please fee free to call me on 01895 458710 or email me on michael.lucas@accor.com to discuss this further.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 7, 2010

Lovely double room, only £50, 5 minutes from heathrow, friendly staff and the best bit of all a midday check out which is perfect if nursing a bit of a hangover!!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
I'm so glad that you had an enjoyable time during your stay at Novotel London Heathrow. I hope we can welcome you back to the property in the near future.

Gipps
Reviewed October 2, 2010

Very nice hotel and great rooms but the location meant connection to anything but the airport was awkward and expensive. Staff are friendly but their computer systems give them no flexibility and assume the customers are not going to pay. For example, reception did not ask me for a pre-swipe of my credit card on check-in so when I went to get a drink at the bar, I was told I could not put the drink on my room and I'd have to pay cash. I had to go back to reception, register my credit card (which they should have anyway because I pre-paid the room) before I could get any meals or drinks. Novotel UK feels like its owned by the French - guilty until proven innocent. Novotel in Holland however had a much better feel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback following your recent stay. I was pleased to read that you found the rooms great and the staff friendly.

We were in error in that we should have asked you pre-swipe of your credit card upon check in which would have prevented the issues you experienced when ordering food and dirinks. I have discussed the situation with my team in order to avoid such situations in the future.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Cambridge, Canada
Reviewed September 27, 2010

This has been our best hotel room we've ever had. Beautiful bathroom. The beds were so comfortable, it was like sleeping on a cloud. And having this room just after a back injury made it that much better

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for your positive comments, I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope we can welcome you back to Novotel London Heathrow again very soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Drayton
Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4

Been to Novotel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!