Having stayed at this Novotel many times due to my business which requires much travelling, my reviews on this Heathrow hotel is mixed.
Great aspects are: WIFI is excellent. Easy to setup & use & works in bedrooms & conference rooms whereas some hotels you have to be located in the lobby for reception.
The decor & overall look & feel of the hotel is fresh, modern and pleasing to the eye - lovely colours and fabrics with the hotel looking very new still.
Although the staff seem to change rather quickly, there are certain staff members who provide an excellent service - e.g. Lara on the front desk reception really places care & attention to our needs, Julian in reception, Haydn the waiter in the restaurant provides an excellent service, Roman the duty manager, hardworking guy who tries his best to meet expectations, the conference team who assist on the day are generally very good & are willing to help and roll their sleeves up.
The areas that need improving:
I always book an executive room, and the one 'bug bear' about this hotel, is that some elements are very 'hit & miss': sometimes you get what you pay for, other times things are just not provided. In the case of the 'Exec Room', sometimes you get the extra bath amenities as stated in their brochure (a lovely smelling brown scrub, nail file etc) and sometimes you get the exact same items of soap bar, shower gel & shampoo. For the last few times I've stayed at the Novotel - none of the items listed for the exec room were provided & after calling reception, 1 miniature of body scrub was brought up & none of the other items I had essentially paid for.
The food is at best, very average, and the prices are high considering the quality & volume they provide. The quality is poor and the portion sizes are small - dependant on the chef at the time. It doesn't matter how you request the steak, the chef seems to cook it all well done/medium. I generally order the chicken caesar salad which many times arrives without the caesar part - no croutons, no parmesan, no anchovies - just little bits of chicken, salad & dressing. Don't order the sandwiches - they are minimal & hardly any filling, very poor quality of ingredients. Its a real disappointment since they charge between £6.25 for a cheese & tomato sandwich to £11.45 for a steak sandwich.
I noticed finally they have a new menu, since I've been working my way through the menu, and unfortunately for me there are new and loads of pork items which I don't eat. A "24 hour food and drink solution" is advertised but the first night I checked in rather late & was quite hungry after unpacking: so much to my despair I discovered only 2 items were available 24/7 - cheese & tomato sandwich and a curry - I don't think eating a curry between the room service 24/7 hours of 11.30pm to 6.30am is ideal especially as its 1 out of only 2 items available as a 'food solution'.
So there are pockets of goodness and pockets of aspects that are not so good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just a short drive from one of London's main international airports, Novotel London Heathrow Airport is the perfect place for a stopover. Whether travelling in or out of the capital, you are guaranteed a restful night's sleep. Enjoy the luxury of our indoor heated swimming pool and ensure your travels are stress-free at Novotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, ACCOR, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel London Heathrow Hotel West Drayton
- Novotel Hotel London Heathrow
- Novotel West Drayton
- West Drayton Novotel
- Novotel London Heathrow West Drayton, Greater London