“Enjoyable stay but some issues.”

Novotel London Heathrow
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable stay but some issues.”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at the Novotel hotel on numerous occasions. Our most recent stay was the weekend 07/08 Dec 2013. Because my with is disabled, we always ask for a ground floor room, and this was asked for at the time of pre-booking.On arrival at The hotel at 3.15 pm, we were told that our room on the ground floor was not yet ready, and we had to wait until 4.15 pm, before we could gain access to our room. Unfortunately, this is not the first time this as happened and I fear it may be not the last, so it may be necessary to look at other hotel options. However, on a positive note, this is a pleasant hotel to stay at, and on the many times we have stayed at this hotel, we have enjoyed ourselves. The staff our pleasant and helpful, the rooms are pleasant and comfortable, especially the ground floor rooms used for disabled customers. The restaurant is good and the quality and variety of food is of a high standard. However, the bar prices are somewhat excessive, £4.00 for a pint of John Smiths bitter I feel is a bit over the top!!!

Room Tip: If you are disabled ask for a ground floor room with wheelchair access.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Julian M, Manager at Novotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments.

With regards to your check-in I was sorry to hear that you could not get into your room until 4pm. Having looked into the matter I can confirm that this was due to an unexpected late departure that we had from this room on the same day.

Please feel free to contact me directly on h1551-dm@accor.com when you next book with us and I will ensure an early check-in for you.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Kind Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Oldham, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Having just returned from a 4 night stay . As always the staff are wonderful and nothing is too much trouble. The bedrooms include all modern amenities and are very comfortable. There is WIFI throughout this hotel and it is free. A swimming is available for those who like to swim before breakfast. Breakfast is excellent and includes a wide choice from eggs bacon ham cheeses yogurts juices pastries waffles and the list goes on. You are welcomed to your table by a member of staff and they are all charming. Although the hotel is not in the centre of London you can be in the centre in 45 minutes. It's just a taxi ride to West Drayton Station and then a mainline train to Paddington where you can access The London Underground . it is a bonus that the hotel has a large car park and the fee is reasonable at £10 per day. All in all this hotel represents good value along with excellent service. Whenever we go to London we always stay at the Novotel? They are a well respected brand with high standards

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review and for this excellent 5* rating, left on Tripadvisor following your stay in our property.

What a great pleasure to read that you were fully satisfied with our property, enjoying the room the swimming pool and our breakfast. I am also very happy that our staff made all the difference by being so charming and wonderful.

It was a real pleasure looking after you and we will be very pleased to welcome you back to the Novotel London Heathrow for your future trip in London.

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 5, 2013

We booked this hotel as it was a 4 star hotel and the images looked good on there website. got to the hotel everything going well, it was a 1 night stay on the 9th nov 13, in the morning at around 8am we heard a knock, didn't think much of it, it happened a further 2 times only to find clearners wanted to clear our room. we were checking out at 12 pm, what kind of hotel does that at 8am? my and my wife's sleep was ruined. told the lady at the desk on checkout and she just said sorry. tried to get a refund however after 3 weeks of ringing the hotel everyday no joy. everytime you call them they say a manager will call back. manager never does and this went on for 3 weeks. I have to explain each time I call what the problem was. one person said they will call hotwire to refund us as we booked through them however when the manager Laura called after 3 weeks she said she cannot refund as it was not cleaners. I would not advise anybody to every use this hotel!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Dipesh M
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments. I can assure you the matter is being looked into. Feel free to email me on h1551-dm@accor.com to discuss this further.

Kind regards,
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 5, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights sat-mon while on a break to london and Lapland UK in Ascot. We decided to treat the family and booked a suite for what was still good value for what you got. Spacious, perfect if you have a family of 4 like ourselves. Check in was efficient, main foyer very smart, pool looked nice (although we didnt use this). No noise from outside, comfortable nights sleep. Breakfast excellent, staff all seemed happy and attentive. Only downside is £10 per night for parking which seems standard for airport hotels unfortunately. Would be good if Novotel could reduce this. That apart will certainly use this hotel again either if on a london city break or I need a hotel for an airport stopover.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite if you have a family, definitely worth it and good value.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback about your stay.

We are pleased that you have enjoyed staying with us in our Suite room. We definitely think that the Suite is a good option and good value for families to use.

It is nice to hear that you have enjoyed the service and the facilities of the hotel.

We are looking forward to your next visit.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Our stay has left a very bad after taste with us. We are struggling with the hotel staff trying to get them to release a security deposit that was taken by their front office staff in error (I was told by the reservations manager that they don't usually take a deposit for day stays) and the situation is now holding up the closure of our debit card account and the release of almost AUD2000.
I have made 3 international phone calls from Australia to try to sort out the matter and have even sent a fax to the hotel manager but so far have had no results. The last communication I received from them was that it would take another 10 days (it's already been a week since I requested the release of the funds and our stay was one month ago. No response from the General Manager indicates a very poor attitude starting at the top and filtering down. We will never stay there again. You can give all the service in the world during a guest's stay but the real test is when a problem occurs and how it's dealt with. Never again!!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Julian M, Manager at Novotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor.

I would like to apologise for the inconvenience you are encountering with your debit card.

As a normal procedure we ask for an imprint of a card at check-in. The reception is instructed to inform every guest that it might take up to 10 days for the amount to be released and I am very surprised that this amount is still held on your card.

I can confirm that the teams have followed all the correct procedures with the bank in order to release the funds but also that I was only made aware of this matter yesterday when your fax was sent to my attention. The General Manager was not aware of your issue either. I can now confirm that I am personally looking into the matter.

I will be contacting you directly but should you need anything else then please feel free to contact me directly on h1551-dm@accor.com.

Thank you again for your comments.

UK
Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel with on-site parking included for the duration of our overseas trip away, through Holiday Extras.

Our hotel room was adequate but lacking any character and it came across as bland. The toilet was separate to the bathroom and had no wash basin, a layout that I don't find particularly convenient.

The procedure for leaving the car upon departure and then picking it up upon return wasn't clear and it felt as though this should have been explained to us properly during the check in process, to avoid confusion later. I'd be surprised if the hotel reservation system didn't record the relevant parking details. When I picked up the car, I was asked if I had signed a "book" - I wasn't sure what the member of staff was referring to as no one had asked me to sign a book when we checked out before our flight.

The hotel is conveniently located about 20 - 25 mins from Heathrow airport and is served by the Heathrow Hoppa bus service.

For lunch or dinner, I do suggest making the short 15min drive to Southall Broadway and trying any of the popular Indian restaurants or cafes along the bustling street for something different, delicious and value for money.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Julian M, Manager at Novotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your feedback and for choosing our hotel.

We hope that you have enjoyed your trip overseas. With regards to the parking procedure, I was sorry to hear that you were not explained the process properly. I can confirm however that we keep a daily register of all cars parked on our car park.

Thank you again for choosing Novotel London Heathrow. We hope to welcome you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Drayton
Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport

Been to Novotel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!