“Pre-booked dinner”

Novotel London Heathrow
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
GreenLeadersBronze level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

The Novotel at heathrow is acceptable - but only just.

It seems well run but lacking the detail needed to make it an enjoyable experience.

The room I stayed in had a stained sofa, hole in the carpet and generally downmarket/tired feel despite the attempt at a contemporary interior - this is a thin mask over old decor.

The bed was very cheap too. It crunched and squeaked, although in fairness my sleep was ok. If I was a fussy sleeper I wouldn't have liked it (nor the lack of choice in pillows).

I also had an atrium facing room so I couldn't get any fresh air at all. Awful.

Room service ok, apart from the staff couldn't find my choice on the till and handled the order badly - he didn't know what I was ordering or how long I had to wait (not inspiring an appetite!). Breakfast was a joke too, dirty tables and a shambolic layout. I asked for cutlery and the lady didn't even speak English. Once she understood she then showed me a random pile of dodgy cutlery that was next to cleaning rags and fluids. Gross!!

I asked for tea. When the tea came we were left with the milk from the previous diner - no fresh milk!! Again, disgusting.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Julian M, Manager at Novotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting this review about your stay. I am truly sorry to read about the inconvenience that you have encountered during your stay with us.

I am however grateful for your comments and I can confirm that we will look into the different subjects you have been referring to. I can already reassure you that your feedback is very helpful to us.

Please feel free to contact me directly on h1551-dm@accor.com should you wish to discuss the matter further.

We are looking forward to hear from you soon.

London
Reviewed October 8, 2013

1st impressions count and this did not start well as my Dad was dropping us off before flying out the next day, we got to the car park barrier and sat waiting for an entry ticket after pressing the help button for 5 minutes in the end I started to phone the hotel and the barrier lifted.

However, check in was smooth and the room we were allocated to was very pleasant with well thought out modular furniture. The other nice touch was a separate toilet, although the toilet seat did not stay up. The room could have been cleaner (there were children's crayon marks on the floor)

Nice touches here are free Wi-Fi, the gym and a nice pool. I will use again

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sjc462
Julian M, Manager at Novotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. I was glad that you have enjoyed your stay. I was sorry however to hear about the bad start and I would like to assure you that I have asked the maintenance team to review the entrance barrier.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Best Regards
North Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Got a great offer price on the hotel and therefore this made the stay brilliant value (£55 for the room) . We had 'room only' as we had an early start so can not comment on the breakfast. We ate in the restaurant for our evening meal and as other reviews state the meal doesn't blow you away but it was fine. We would stay here again if we got a good price. £10 cost for overnight parking. All staff were helpful and friendly. We had no problems/issues with the room and even though our room window overlooked the atrium ( bar area) we were not disturbed by any 'bar noise'. Please note the hotel is not close to any bars, restaurants, supermarkets etc.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Many thanks for your review, I am glad you enjoyed our facilities and I will be sharing your kind words with the team.

We all hope to see you again soon.

Best Regards,
Lewes, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 7, 2013

All the staff I dealt with were really helpful, and perfectly friendly..

There's nothing that's very exciting about the hotel - and all the exposed brickwork inside is a bit depressing, but I guess it's functional, and keeps your stay nice and cheap.

I didn't eat here, but the bar was fairly priced compared to the other hotels I've stayed at recently.

The bathroom, once again pretty basic, was clean and had a massive bath which was awesome.

Free wifi, loads of TV channels and big rooms.

Silly complaints: I had to build a fort of pillows (using about 6) before they became worthwhile, and the duvet was off-puttingly lumpy..

But I'll stay here again

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts here on Tripadvisor, I will be sharing your kind words with the team and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Booked as not able to get anything reasonably priced in Windsor and wasn't disappointed.

Room service was ok as was the bar food.

Small fitness room and the pool looked ok.

Breakfast was good, full cooked available and cereals, croissant etc.

Nice hotel with parking. Good for the airport.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank jeffers1976
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your review following your stay at Novotel Heathrow.

I was pleased to hear that you have stayed a few times with us and that you had a pleasant stay once again.

We are looking forward to seeing you again on a future stay.

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

We booked Novotel so we can pick up our daughter at Terminal 3 in the next morning at 5:00am. Hotel is very far from the terminal. It cost me 20 pounds to get there from terminal 5. But the Hop on bus is a lot cheaper 4 pounds using the ticket machine in the hotel. The hotel itself was good for value. Breakfast start at 5:00 am is good.

• Stayed September 2013
Julian M, Manager at Novotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review and for choosing Novotel London Heathrow.

I was pleased to hear that you have enjoyed our hotel and breakfast and you found it to be of good value.

I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Kind regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Drayton
Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport

Been to Novotel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!