“Fantastic hotel outside the busy city of London”

Novotel London Heathrow
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Roodt/Syre
“Fantastic hotel outside the busy city of London”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

We went by car to London for the BBC Proms of Doctor Who. So we wanted to avoid central London by car. So we took this hotel, because it has a quite cheap parking ( 10 £ for a day is ok ) and it wasn't that far from London. We took a cab to West Drayton Station ( 5 minutes ) and then a train ( dayticket 8£80 on a saturday, valid also for the tube ) 25 minutes to Paddington Station. This was ok for us, and I think this is really ok for a visit London and also Windsor.
We arrived early around 7 a.m but there was no room ready, but that was fine. So the receptionist a french girl ( I forgot her name, but I think she was from South France, she had an accent from there ) took our luggage , said us again how to travel to the city.She helped us very good, unfortunately I really can't remember her name, but I really like to mention that she was relly helpful, polite and very nice. They're should be more receptionists like her. Unfortunately when we came back after midnight, we had the opposite. An Indian receptionist , again I'm bad with names ( but if an hotelmanager is reading this he was working the 13th of July ),who was slow, not friendly at all, we were tired after a long day, and just wanted to go to our room, and he took over 30 minutes to check us in to 2 rooms. And there was no pc problem or something, one of mine friends who was travelling with used to work for Accor, and this never takes so long. Normal is maybe 5 minutes, but not over 30 minutes!! And he said we need to pay immediately when he was finally finish typing on his computer. Normally they take the credit card as a guarantee, but I never had to pay immediately on the spot without even having seen the room. There were people checking in next to us with another receptionst which took him only 5 minutes, and they didn't had to pay immediately.
So after 35 minute we were finally in our room, lovely room, quite big and quiet. The bed was comfortable. We had a good sleep at this hotel.
The next morning the french receptionist was back, so we explained here the situation when we were checking in, she was surprised of the amount of time, and she apoligized , and she offered us the parking, which was really nice of her. So again a plus point for her.
Would I come back to this hotel, yes I would, ok it's not central London, but you're in 30 minutes in London, this shouldn't bother you. You get a great hotel at a fantastic rate

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
JihedLejmi, General Manager at Novotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to the Novotel London Heathrow. I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay and will be pleased to Share your Comments with Elise the Receptionist you were referring too. At the same time we have noted your comments about the night Auditor, I will share the feedback with him to identify reasons behind and avoid this in the future.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

As Members of Accor Hotels, we choose the chain to get good hospitality. Unfortunately, on arrival after a long flight from Chicago, our room was not ready. We were asked to wait almost 45 minutes, which was unacceptable. We sat across and had just had some refreshments, when I called the hotel.

I realised the lady answering my call, at the reception across, could see us. I insisted we must have our room right away. She promptly came, apologised profusely, in true hospitality spirit, remarked the refreshments are on the house and gave us the keys. All made up. She was the supervisor and must have just made a room available. The wait was about 15 minutes.

We rested and took our evening flight as scheduled. Happy Ending.

Room Tip: It is a quiet airport hotel. You don't hear aircraft noise if the window is shut.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Novotel London Heathrow and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

If you have an early flight from London Heathrow you can do a lot worse than book into this hotel for its ease of access, Heathrow is just a few minutes away. This hotel is very good value for money, its clean and its right on the doorstep of Heathrow. The airport shuttle bus stops right outside the front door every 15 minutes. The restaurant / bar is ok for basic food and drink. Don't expect any luxuries or any local attractions, unless planes are your thing.

Novotel Heathrow does exactly what it says on the tin in terms of being a budget airport hotel with great access to the airport!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dan B
JihedLejmi, General Manager at Novotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Guest

Thanks for your review. I’m glad you had a good stay with us at the Novotel London Heathrow and I hope to see you on your next trip.

Kind regards
Port Erin, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

Pleasant rooms with very helpful staff. Ate in the bistro which was disappointing. Food was nothing special and slow arriving. Had Greek salad - a couple of tomatoes and some olives and feta with limp lettuce. Duck for mains was good but sweet of lemon meringue and sorbet was poor.The pastry was hard and the sorbet was more like ice cream. Could do better for £35 A head (including bottle of wine)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for posting your thoughts on here, we really value your feedback. I have noted your comments regarding the Restaurant service and I'm personally investigating it.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon at the Novotel London Heathrow.

Kind regards
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Good reasonably priced hotel near heathrow. Glad to see they now have free wi-if after previous visits when they had a very expensive service with a quirky signing process. However 1.5 hours for dinner is unacceptable. Kitchen very slow and restaurant staff encourage complaining to 'management' when you ask about long wait together food. Same every visit. Unfortunately corporate policy means I stay here. Also TV speaker in bathroom that you cannot turn off and is louder than TV is very annoying.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to the Novotel London Heathrow. I’m happy that you enjoyed our Free WIFI Service and I have noted your comments about the restaurant service delays, which we are addressing and I'm personally looking at this. TV speakers are Novotel's added value to our clients following their needs and it will take only 2 minutes to turn them off should you request this to be done during your next visit. Reception is available 24hours and our team will be pleased to help and assist.

I look forward to welcoming you soon in our Hotel.

Beith, Ayrshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

I stayed here with my daughter and sister for an organised trip to Wimbledon. The hotel was very clean and the rooms spacious. Breakfast was good, although sometimes staff seemed a little confused about what they were doing, but I would like to have seen a larger continental selection. There seemed to be a problem one evening with the key cards for all of the rooms, this was blamed on keeping keys beside phones, although this was not the case. I was also very disappointed at the way a senior staff member spoke to another staff member in public. The junior member of staff was trying to help a guest out and had made a small error but this was no excuse to reprimand them in front of other guests.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
JihedLejmi, General Manager at Novotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to the Novotel London Heathrow. I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about the key cards, which we are addressing.

I will be happy if you could contact me on h1551-gm@accor.com to discuss this further.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Drayton
Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport

Been to Novotel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!