We went by car to London for the BBC Proms of Doctor Who. So we wanted to avoid central London by car. So we took this hotel, because it has a quite cheap parking ( 10 £ for a day is ok ) and it wasn't that far from London. We took a cab to West Drayton Station ( 5 minutes ) and then a train ( dayticket 8£80 on a saturday, valid also for the tube ) 25 minutes to Paddington Station. This was ok for us, and I think this is really ok for a visit London and also Windsor.
We arrived early around 7 a.m but there was no room ready, but that was fine. So the receptionist a french girl ( I forgot her name, but I think she was from South France, she had an accent from there ) took our luggage , said us again how to travel to the city.She helped us very good, unfortunately I really can't remember her name, but I really like to mention that she was relly helpful, polite and very nice. They're should be more receptionists like her. Unfortunately when we came back after midnight, we had the opposite. An Indian receptionist , again I'm bad with names ( but if an hotelmanager is reading this he was working the 13th of July ),who was slow, not friendly at all, we were tired after a long day, and just wanted to go to our room, and he took over 30 minutes to check us in to 2 rooms. And there was no pc problem or something, one of mine friends who was travelling with used to work for Accor, and this never takes so long. Normal is maybe 5 minutes, but not over 30 minutes!! And he said we need to pay immediately when he was finally finish typing on his computer. Normally they take the credit card as a guarantee, but I never had to pay immediately on the spot without even having seen the room. There were people checking in next to us with another receptionst which took him only 5 minutes, and they didn't had to pay immediately.
So after 35 minute we were finally in our room, lovely room, quite big and quiet. The bed was comfortable. We had a good sleep at this hotel.
The next morning the french receptionist was back, so we explained here the situation when we were checking in, she was surprised of the amount of time, and she apoligized , and she offered us the parking, which was really nice of her. So again a plus point for her.
Would I come back to this hotel, yes I would, ok it's not central London, but you're in 30 minutes in London, this shouldn't bother you. You get a great hotel at a fantastic rate
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just a short drive from one of London's main international airports, Novotel London Heathrow Airport is the perfect place for a stopover. Whether travelling in or out of the capital, you are guaranteed a restful night's sleep. Enjoy the luxury of our indoor heated swimming pool and ensure your travels are stress-free at Novotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel London Heathrow Hotel West Drayton
- Novotel Hotel London Heathrow
- Novotel West Drayton
- West Drayton Novotel
- Novotel London Heathrow West Drayton, Greater London