“Will definitely use again!”

Novotel London Heathrow
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
GreenLeadersBronze level
UK
“Will definitely use again!”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

This was a great hotel. My cousin and I stayed here and shared a room with 2 double beds and had breakfast included in the price. It was great value for money.

The check in was speedy, efficient and friendly. The room was spotless - beds were very comfortable.

We ate in the Restaurant in the evening - we had booked very early as we were meeting friends. The restaurant was virtually empty. Food was very nice.

I would have given 5/5 however our breakfast experience was not so great. I think we arrived during a busy period, we were not offered tea/coffee as we were taken to our table and after 5 mins wait we had to stop someone and ask for it. There were no glasses for the juice, no bowls for the cereal, no spoons on our table.

In addition there was a huge table full of obnoxious guests who left their kids to run all over and they cleared the pastry table and took them away in napkins. Utter pondlife! However, the staff were so rushed they either didn't notice or turned a blind eye to it. It did mean that the rest of us having breakfast had to wait for it to be replenished and try to avoid the horrible kids.

The breakfast was really good though.

This will not stop me from staying or recommending the Hotel. It was the fault of the guests more than the staff.

I filled in the survey afterwards and got a nice reply from the General Manager apologising and saying my comments will be looked into.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
JihedLejmi, General Manager at Novotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Novotel London Heathrow and please be assured that the Breakfast issue has been addressed since.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We used the Novotel as our overnight accommodation for 2 days of sightseeing in London with our young daughters. We weren’t interested in staying central London due to our children being too young to stay out late and due to the cost and the car parking. The Novotel worked perfectly. During the day we parked at Hounslow West tube (just £5 weekdays, or free at weekends – though need to arrive early to get a space especially given half the car park is taken over by a market at the weekends), with the Novotel being a 4 mile drive away. The price of the Novotel was very good given the standard of the hotel and whereas hotel breakfast is never cheap it wasn’t too bad, especially given that children eat free. We did not use the swimming pool but would have done if time had allowed. We would definitely use the Novotel again for a London trip, the only problem being that we’d have to pay for 2 rooms (though they do offer a second room discount) as our 3rd daughter was only allowed in the room by virtue of being in a cot (just).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Novotel London Heathrow I look forward to your next visit.

Kind regards,
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed June 10, 2013

The Hotel is very well appointed with peaceful and calm surroundings.
After dropping our car off at Hertz and using their shuttle to Heathrow Terminal 3 we used the Hoppa Hotel bus to the Novotel.
Food was very good- staff were great. Got a good deal for dinner and bed booking on line and then received a discount for breakfast.
Only drawback for my husband was seperate toilet with no handbasin.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit at the Novotel London Heathrow. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

UK
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stopped over for one night whilst visiting LEGOLAND which is 11 miles away.

We got a great deal which included one nights stay and tickets for 2 days at LEGOLAND. Didn't really expect much from the hotel but we were pleasantly surprised. They even have a child friendly check in which made our little girl feel very important - and also a free cuddly toy which was a nice touch.

We ate in the restaurant which was ok. Pricey for what we ate but I suppose they have a captive audience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Kind regards,
zurich
Reviewed June 9, 2013

The hotel is located close to the airport and is easy to find. The staffs are very friendly and there to give you advice on where to eat close to the hotel.
The appearance and cleanness ’of the hotel is good quality. The price is higher than other hotel close to the airport but you get the service of the accor group.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

JihedLejmi, General Manager at Novotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, June 10, 2013

Perth, Australia
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Access from M4 very tricky even with satnav. Go slow and stay on big roundabout even if you have to go around a couple of times.
Reception is efficient but can be busy.
Basic Bar and restaurant with no other facilities nearby within walking distance .
Good cheap and regular airport bus service.
Rooms clean and roomy.
Airport arrivals/departures facility in foyer.
Liked the location best.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Novotel London Heathrow and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Strange place. I have never been charged to park at a hotel for an overnight stay for starters.

Avoid the restaurant. 30 minute wait for duck that tasted like the chef had been stitched up with the old "loose salt shaker lid" gag. Then chased up after 10 minutes for the table when the restaurant was half empty. After a 30 minute wait.

This was added to by my card embarrassingly being declined twice (which made me immediately suspicious) despite checking with my bank to find that a transaction was never even attempted.

I realise the next bit will make me sound like a snob but I don't appreciate waitresses who bathe in perfume. Maybe in a lap dancing bar but perhaps not in a restaurant.

Dare to go outside for a cigarette and you have awkwardly shuffle past diners through a fire escape which immediately locks behind you. I know smoking is akin to leprosy but don't make me tap at the door then again shuffle awkwardly past the same diners.

Internet connection is £15.99. Don't bother. There's a decent 3G signal which is the only thing I can compliment this place on, which is of course not of their doing.

One final thing. The toilet is completely seperate from the bathroom in a "Superior" room. You know, like an outhouse. Actually along the corridor. Not even close. So you have to wander through the room to the bathroom to wash your hands. Like I say, strange.

Premier Inn next time. At least my expectations will be appropriately fulfilled.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for posting your thoughts on here, we really value your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back at the Novotel London Heathrow.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Drayton
Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport

Been to Novotel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!