“My Stay at the Novotel Heathrow”

Novotel London Heathrow
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 9, 2013

The hotel is located close to the airport and is easy to find. The staffs are very friendly and there to give you advice on where to eat close to the hotel.
The appearance and cleanness ’of the hotel is good quality. The price is higher than other hotel close to the airport but you get the service of the accor group.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
JihedLejmi, General Manager at Novotel London Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit at the Novotel London Heathrow. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards

Write a ReviewReviews (2,548)

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Access from M4 very tricky even with satnav. Go slow and stay on big roundabout even if you have to go around a couple of times.
Reception is efficient but can be busy.
Basic Bar and restaurant with no other facilities nearby within walking distance .
Good cheap and regular airport bus service.
Rooms clean and roomy.
Airport arrivals/departures facility in foyer.
Liked the location best.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Novotel London Heathrow and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Strange place. I have never been charged to park at a hotel for an overnight stay for starters.

Avoid the restaurant. 30 minute wait for duck that tasted like the chef had been stitched up with the old "loose salt shaker lid" gag. Then chased up after 10 minutes for the table when the restaurant was half empty. After a 30 minute wait.

This was added to by my card embarrassingly being declined twice (which made me immediately suspicious) despite checking with my bank to find that a transaction was never even attempted.

I realise the next bit will make me sound like a snob but I don't appreciate waitresses who bathe in perfume. Maybe in a lap dancing bar but perhaps not in a restaurant.

Dare to go outside for a cigarette and you have awkwardly shuffle past diners through a fire escape which immediately locks behind you. I know smoking is akin to leprosy but don't make me tap at the door then again shuffle awkwardly past the same diners.

Internet connection is £15.99. Don't bother. There's a decent 3G signal which is the only thing I can compliment this place on, which is of course not of their doing.

One final thing. The toilet is completely seperate from the bathroom in a "Superior" room. You know, like an outhouse. Actually along the corridor. Not even close. So you have to wander through the room to the bathroom to wash your hands. Like I say, strange.

Premier Inn next time. At least my expectations will be appropriately fulfilled.

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for posting your thoughts on here, we really value your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back at the Novotel London Heathrow.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

This hotel served the purpose a bed for overnight, it's a boring room nothing special, a clean place to sleep. The restaurant food was decent (a bit overpriced) but having to pay for the airport shuttle was a little over the top, when one books a hotel close to the airport one assumes it would include transport to.... Anyway it was 4 pound each is you prebook end and 4.50 each if you didn't.

The other complaint would be the lack of wifi and having to use an outside. Company call Orange to connect to the Internet. I can't imagine why they wouldn't have their own internal included, this happened at the other novotel I stayed at in London as well. I don't run into that anymore it is antiquated to pay for wifi. Not such a good deal to stay here when you add transport and wifi to the bill. The power and back garden is nice, and it had a good looking pool. Overall not a bad hotel

Served its purpose, would use again if I had to

Room Tip: The shuttle bus goes to a couple hotels leave earlier than expected.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for posting your thoughts on here, we really value your feedback. I'm pleased to inform you that we will be offering a Free WIFI in our Hotel from the the 26th of June 2013 to meet our clients expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back at the Novotel London Heathrow.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

I stayed here June 2013. The room was clean, functional and well maintained but the restaurant was a disaster for both dinner and breakfast and lunch.

It was obviously extremely understaffed and the staff that were present were very poorly trained.

Dinner entailed trying to find a staff member to seat me after waiting at the restaurant entrance for quite a while, even though the restaurant wasn't full.

I required a gluten free option and there was considerable confusion/ignorance between the chef and waiting staff as to what that entailed. The menu offered a gluten free dessert but didn't indicate if any of the other dishes, be they appetisers or main courses, were gluten free.

Tea after dinner was served in a very dirty tea pot, soiled internally and externally which had to be sent back.

Breakfast was even more chaotic then dinner with a queue waiting down the corridor to be seated. I waited ten minutes in the queue, which fortunately I was near the top as it continued to lengthen behind me.

The restaurant wasn't full, the staff just couldn't cope and many of the tables were covered in dirty dishes etc. waiting for clearance before potential usage again. They were still like that when I left.

I was again served a very dirty teapot at breakfast, which again had to be returned.

As I was attending a business function here during the day so I also had to have lunch here which was an equally awful overpriced experience (for what was served), and served with another third very dirty teapot in the afternoon.

I wouldn't recommended staying in the Novotel London Heathrow unless they massively improve their restaurant, food hygiene standards and staff training and increase staff numbers. Its 'Faulty Towers' on steroids.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank FrequentTraveller1st

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments regarding the food & beverage service overall. I can assure you the matter is being looked into and I'm personally investigating it.

Please Feel free to email me on h1551-gm@accor.com to discuss this further.

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I stayed here over the weekend while visiting Legoland and Chessington 2 adults 3 children 2 rooms. Room's lovely and clean, best nights sleep I had in a hotel for a long time, peaceful and comfortable. room was average size and perfect for our needs, all the staff were fantastic with the children, restaurant food was delicious, we had inclusive breakfast buffet which more than met the needs of my hungry tribe,. The pool was clean and nice to relax in at the end of the day... my only one complaint was pool changing room could of been a bit bigger!...will definitely will be staying here again. GREAT SERVICE/CLEAN/FAIR PRICE/KIDS HAPPY what more could you ask for :)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Marie C

Dear Guest

Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves in the Novotel London Heathrow. I look forward to welcoming you back at the Novotel London Heathrow.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

cant fault the hotel,check in staff great,room provided everything we required,however the dinning room service slow slow the meals (dinner) was disappointing maybe chef was having a bad day.this is comparing it to novotel paddington(we stayed there a week before).apart from that would certainly stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bogley

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit at the Novotel London Heathrow. I have noted your comments about the service at the Restaurant and I'm looking into this personally.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.