“Great Hotel...”

GreenLeadersBronze level
bolton, england
“Great Hotel...”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great Hotel, great staff - freindly and helpful.
Made our stay enjoyable...
Great pit stop - as we just used for that.
Great location easy to get to
Parking you have to pay for thats my only complaint....

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
JihedLejmi, General Manager at Novotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves in our Hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Convenient - although last one on the bus route, clean - rooms are average size. Check in is very routine and not engaging - the staff in the bar are very helpful and nice. Good enough for a stop over to make it easy when landing in Heathrow before hurtling into London.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Novotel London Heathrow and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights whilst visiting Legoland & the Wembley stadium. The hotel overall was very good. Excellent customer service when checking in & out. Prices for food/drink in the hotel were expensive but you tend to find this in all hotels so not surprised. Breakfast was lovely with plenty of choice for everyone & the buffet breakfast was hot aswell. The first morning breakfast was a bit chaotic but it was a bank holiday weekend & the staff were doing everything possible to seat people. The rooms were very clean & modern & we heard no noise at all from other guests or the bar area. The small pool was also great for the kids. The kids also received a small gift when we arrived & enjoyed the Xbox that was available in reception. I would definitely recommend this hotel to families visiting legoland (20 min drive away) or if you are just visiting London for the sights. I'm sure its very handy if you are flying from Heathrow too. My only 2 negatives are no free wi-fi in the rooms & that you have to ask for tea/coffee at breakfast.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank 186356Red20
Dear Guest

Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves in the Novotel London Heathrow. I have noted your comment about the WIFI and I'm pleased to inform you that we will be offering a FREE WIFI in our Hotel from the 01/07/2013 hopefully you will be able to experience it during your next trip.

I look forward to welcoming you back at the Novotel London Heathrow.

sydneyaustralia
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We stayed here one night after arriving after a 22 hour flight from Australia. We were greeted at desk by a friendly and efficient receptionist who gave us all the information we needed about the hotel. Good size room and bathroom. Shower excellent. Only thing negative was the prices in the restaurant and bar which were a bit expensive but we found a couple of pubs within 10minutes walking from the hotel.. Will definitely stay again and recommend this hotel. Airport bus shuttle was £4.00 per person each way and journey less than 10minutes.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

2 Thank kimandaussiebob
Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Novotel London Heathrow and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Wisconsin
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We spent one night at this hotel prior to a flight out of Heathrow. The hotel is very average but it worked out conveniently for us. Due to a Priceline bid it was a decent value but we would likely have been disappointed if we had paid full price. The carpet in our room needed to be cleaned, and the glass shower door was dirty. The room just had an "old" feel to it. The service was friendly, and we liked the convenient access to the Hopa bus. We were able to buy bus tickets at a kiosk located right in the hotel.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the hotel itself, but I'll just mention that the cab ride from the Big Ben area to this hotel cost almost 80 pounds (though traffic was heavy). If we had done our homework we would likely have taken the Underground to Heathrow and then the Hopa bus from the airport to the hotel.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Traveler3933
Dear Guest

Thank you for posting your thoughts on here, we really value your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back at the Novotel London Heathrow.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Very nice hotel in a reasonable price for those who have meetings outside London. They have a nice bar and swimming pool area. Parking is also possible for 10GBP per night in case you are with a car. Make sure to ask a room facing the internal part of the hotel as some of the rooms face the motorway which might be a bit noisy...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank DanielTelAviv_Israel
Dear Guest

Thanks for your review. I’m glad you had a good stay with us at the Novotel London Heathrow and I hope to see you on your next trip.

California
Reviewed April 27, 2013

It has been four years since my initial 5* rated review of the Novotel Heathrow. During the past few years I have noticed a slow downturn in both service and comfort; on my most recent visit, earlier this week, I was very disappointed to see how neglected the decor has become and the excellent customer service, upon which I could always rely, has deteriorated greatly. I know it must be a difficult task to keep on top of all the necessary repairs and refurbishment but on this occasion I found problems which did not exist before. I was on the 3rd floor in a standard room, which was very clean but tired-looking. The plumbing, however, was a disaster! I had to pull out the plug in the sink completely in order to encourage waste-water to slowly seep down the drain, ditto the bathtub. The toilet was a joke! At least several flushes (think of the waste of water!) in order even to flush a couple of sheets of loo paper! Service has slipped, too. When I checked out at 6am I had to wait at the empty desk for someone to help me. When he finally arrived (with no apology for keeping me waiting), the receptionist was very brusque ... I might even say, rude. I am booked to stay there again in a couple of months but this will be my last visit, after 25+ years, if there is no improvement.

If anyone from the Accor Group bothers to read these reviews: you really should invest in some staff re-training and hire a plumber, if you want to keep your loyal customers. If you don't care about customer satisfaction, there are plenty of other Heathrow hotels who do.

Room Tip: Ask for an outside room (the interior rooms open onto the atrium and lobby and can be noisy).