“Good hotel - needs small improvements to make it better”

Novotel London Heathrow
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Good hotel - needs small improvements to make it better”
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here the night before a flight. The staff were very friendly and the hotel condition is very good. The hotel is lacking free WiFi around the hotel. The pool area is the other point, you need to change on one side of a corridor by reception and cross to the other side to reach the pool and the reverse (while wet) to get changed. The changing area is a bit cramped but, clean. The food offered at breakfast was very good with a good selection. The room was clean and tidy and reasonably modern.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Stcolley
JihedLejmi, General Manager at Novotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Novotel London Heathrow and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We caught the Hoppa bus from Heathrow airport to this very convenient hotel. The front desk staff are superb, check-in was a breeze. We had a quiet room on the second floor towards the back of the hotel. Very quiet, nice place to rest up for the night. The furnishings are very nice, the room very comfortable. We got up in the morning, check-out again was quick and easy, and the front desk staff even helped with tickets for the Hoppa bus we that we caught back to Heathrow for our outbound flight. Great place to stay!

1 Thank Rick844
Dear Guest

Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves in the Novotel London Heathrow. I look forward to welcoming you back at the Novotel London Heathrow.

Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We used our tesco vouchers to stay here for two nights. When we went to our room the bed for our children wasn't made up we rang reception and within a couple of minutes housekeeping were there. Room was quite spacious . Nice bathroom and very clean. We had an executive room which included free movies and Internet which was great for the kids. Very small pool ok if not busy !! Good choice for breakfast though some things on the hot buffet could have been hotter. Staff friendly and helpful.

1 Thank Natking71
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit at the Novotel London Heathrow. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Get what you pay for although more befitting of an IBIS rather than Novotel, hotel very dated but rooms clean and comfortable.
No free WiFi and TV has very limited channels
Stayed on business but a good location if you want to Park & Fly

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

JihedLejmi, General Manager at Novotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for posting your thoughts on here, we really value your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back at the Novotel London Heathrow.

Kind regards,
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We booked this hotel through Legoland homepage, got 1day +1day free legoland ticket with 2nights stay here. Legoland ticket itself was already more than 100pounds for four of us but the package offered was really a saver that we felt the hotel was fairly priced for the services they offered. Swimming pool was a bit on a smaller size, not attached directly from the changing room but still okay for kids dipping in the water for a while. Breakfast starts at 5 which was good for early risers with jet lag, had hot meals and cold cuts with fresh juices and fruits.
You would need a car to get around with if you stay near Heathrow even though there's a shuttle bus from the airport, because there's nothing else than airport hotels in surrounding areas. If you get a good offer and if you are travelling with young & noisy kids, this hotel would be a good choice for you.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Stayed for one night last week whilst in town on business. It was located a bit further out the way than I thought, but is easily accessible and plenty of parking available.
The place is huge, and the rooms are a decent size and very clean. Facilities are also good, including the pool which is right in the middle of the hotel.
Breakfast service was a bit frantic (no coffee offered, and turn-your-back-and-your-plate-is-gone!) but this is more than made up by excellent guest services on check in and out - in particular Marika who was exceptionally helpful, thank you.
Overall, far better than I expected and good value - I would have no problem staying again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit at the Novotel London Heathrow and Mareike will be Pleased to hear your feedback. I also noted your comments about the Breakfast service and I will be looking into this personally.

Once again, Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Toulouse, France
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

I have previously stayed at the hotel a few months back and was very pleased, so when the opportunity arose to be back in the area, I didn't hesitate. What a mistake.
I rang from the airport terminal to check that the room was ready, the person took 5 minutes to find out that yes it was. When I arrived 30 minutes later it was not. I complained and guess what, it was ready. I dropped my bags in the room and went to the car park to drive off to a meeting. Well, turns out that you need to swap the parking entry ticket for a card (£10 per night!) to exit, so back to reception!
When I returned later that night, I tried to log on to the Internet but it wanted payment. I enquired why because on my reservation it was free. I was told that it is free if plug in the cable but wifi is not! I said that was not acceptable to be told that this is not their problem. I look forward to the conversation on the free water!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank 1673389223
Dear Guest

I am sorry that on this occasion you were disappointed with your stay at the Novotel London Heathrow. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and I am currently investigating the matter. I also noted your comments regarding the WIFI and I'm pleased to inform you that this service will be offered FREE of Charge from the 01/07/2013. Please feel free to contact me on h1551-gm@accor.com to discuss this further and in person.

Kind Regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Drayton
Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4

Been to Novotel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!