“All you need for a quick stop over!”

Novotel London Heathrow
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Lewes, United Kingdom
“All you need for a quick stop over!”
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

I arrived a little after midnight, and was greeted by a really friendly and helpful guy at the reception who checked me in really quickly - which is always cool..

The rooms are a little on the basic side, but really clean and comfortable - and all I need considering I'm only here for about six hours..

A couple of niggly things:

There are two dishes offered for 24 hour room service, both of which contain meat, which isn't great for vegetarians like myself.... Or starving vegetarians (like myself) - the only thing I can find to eat are some Pringles and mars bars

And, more of a jobsworth suggestion, when you get to the room level floors, the direction board opposite the lift, is a bit confusing...

Other than that - I'm pretty happy :)

Another good thing, is that the TV is loaded with some cool channels like sky 1 and e4, which will calm down my scared and confused jet-lagged brain

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank hjpkt
JihedLejmi, General Manager at Novotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Guest

Thanks for your review. I’m glad you had a good stay with us at the Novotel London Heathrow. I noted your comment about the Room Service Menu choice and will look into this personnaly.

I hope to see you on your next trip.

Kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Vernon, Canada
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I was supposed to stay here for one night on a layover, but it turned into 2 due to schedule reasons. The 2nd day I did everything possible to avoid being at the hotel, no breakfast (outrageous price), left early and came back only in time to get into bed and listen to the noise. Things started bad the first night when I went into the lounge for one or two drinks, maybe a snack before bed due to a 5 hour time difference from where I had just been. It took just over 30 minutes to be asked if I wanted a drink. In fact hey asked if I wanted another since there was an empty glass on my table which had never been cleared. The worst service time I have ever had anywhere and after the 5 star service all over in my last city, this place had me fuming. I was not the only one, I saw two others have to go up and ask someone to serve them. It took 3 hours to have 2 beer and a salmon starter. They dropped off the starter without a word and I let it sit until someone once again came by, I asked why there was no bread as advertised (it was supposed to be some sour dough), so they threw me white toast instead. Brilliant. Yet a few minutes later, they did bring sour dough bread over to another table. They first tried dropping off the toast at the table beside me as the gentleman had still not received his ham and cheese sandwich, despite his dining partner being already done his pork chop. So I complained both to the bartender and the front desk but still no offer to reduce the bill, just an offer to chat with the duty manager. At that point I was beyond jet lagged tired as in my world it was 3am so I declined. No one ever followed up. In the room, I noticed there was no kleenex in the dispenser either day and all the noise you want. The walls are beyond paper thin, so I heard everytime anyone closed a door or used the bathroom or passed gas! Every tinkle not to be missed. I would never recommend this place even for a short one night stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Sandy B
Dear Guest

I am sorry that on this occasion you were disappointed with your stay at the Novotel London Heathrow. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and am currently investigating the matter. Please feel free to email me on h1551-gm@accor.com to discuss this further.

Kind regards,
Tbilisi, Dushet'is Raioni, Georgia
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed in Novotel in February on our way to Washington DC. The best part was a kids' playroom, it was a relief after the six hour flight with two toddlers. However, the room itself was not impressive at all:
1. Mattress was not good at all. Was more like an IKEA futon than a full bed
2. Sleeper sofa was broken
3. Carpet looked like it has not been cleaned for months
4. Bathroom appliances didn't work
5. The room was tiny.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Marina K
Dear Guest

Thank you for posting your thoughts on here, we really value your feedback. Please feel free to email me on H1551-gm@accor.com to discuss this further.

I look forward to welcoming you back at the Novotel London Heathrow.

Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This hotel is idealy located close to terminals 1,2 & 3. A shuttle bus to Heathrow Central Bus station is available every 20 minutes at peak hours (£4.00 one way). It is also possible to get to the hotel using public transport which is cheaper although the closest bus stop is 10 minutes from the hotel, this can be a bit tricky with heavy bags. The hotel is modernly decorated and clean. Service is efficient and friendly at all levels. The hotel rooms are large, modern and clean and seem to be brand new. The beds are very comfortable. I slept perfectly without hearing any outside noise (aircraft movement, traffic around the hotel). The fitness center is very small and the machines need replacing. The swimming pool on the other hand is bliss and spotlessly clean. WIFI is available but expensive whch is a bit of a shame considering that other Novotels offer this service free of charge. All in all a great experience and I would definitely recommend either for a night stay of for a day room waiting for a connecting flight.

Room Tip: Rooms on the inside overlooking the lobby are quieter. If you want a room where you can open the win...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Duncan J
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Novotel London Heathrow. I noted your comments about the WIFI and I'm pleased to inform you that we will offer this service free of Charge from July 2013 for all Novotels in the UK.

I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Bewdley, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Great hotel...............very friendly, efficient staff.
Lovely clean, well furnished room. Quiet with excellent air conditioning.
Food satisfactory, only complaint - coffee at breakfast was poor as if it had been stewed all night.

Room Tip: The room we had was on the first floor at the rear of the hotel and was perfectly acceptable
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit at the Novotel London Heathrow. I noted your comments about the coffee at the Breakfast. I will investigate this with the Food & Beverage Team and I thank you for your constructive feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Mississauga
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was an oasis after our long flight from Toronto thru New York to Heathrow Airport. The rooms were very modern, bright, with beautiful mattresses and well appointed bed linens. All the extras provided..coffee, tea, bathrobes and slippers, hair products and rain shower head. Only a 20 min. ride from airport to hotel. Lovely atrium and free internet service for those of us who don't have wireless gadgets.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Novotel London Heathrow and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Warwickshire
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Just off the M4 and convenient for terminals 1, 3 & 5 (via Hoppa bus). All the facilities and comforts of a Novotel with a useful 'stay & park' facility, which means that a one-night stay before the flight costs little more than just airport parking. Good ambience, and welcoming and helpful staff.

Room Tip: I've stayed here a few times, and have always had a room facing onto the internal atrium. Very...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Novotel London Heathrow and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Drayton
Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport

Been to Novotel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!