“Only reason this hotel was worthy of a 2 is because of the darling Italian restaurant manager”

Novotel London Heathrow
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights with my mother who was due to fly back home.
Where do I start walked into the hotel to an awful smell much like green water!
Checked into our 1st room it smelled like dot cotton had a Brandy and fags session in our room. So we moved to another room which was fine until we ordered room service I would use the word service lightly! If you charge £3 for tray service give a service uncooked food old chips just all in all horrid food and breakfast wasn't much better! On our last night/day we had my nieces stay over which we had already agreed with the on duty manager. To cut a long story short I tried to order them food to be insulted by a member of the restaurant staff claiming I couldn't order kids meals and I am 14 years old and I need to be under 12 for a meal. Just to make you aware I'm not I am a married woman of 24 after that insult and a phone call to the day manger I was told I complained to much it wasn't the hotels fault there food was poor and if I wasn't going to listen to her tell me how it was me overacting to being insulted that it wasn't there fault and not to speak to her anymore. All in all there is only one staff member who had any customer service a lovely Italian chap who was more than happy to take any suggestions my family had other than that the staff hardly speak any english so its pointless trying to get anywhere. I would never stay at this hotel again and I have made a formal complaint. Save your money and stay at the traveloge it's better service. Novotel became novohell

• Stayed February 2013
JihedLejmi, General Manager at Novotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback I will look into this personally.

Feel free to email me on h1551-gm@accor.com to discuss this further.

With kind regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed March 2, 2013

My daughters and I only stayed one night here when we arrived in the UK. It has to be the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Reception was a nightmare. The lady we dealt with didn't speak english very well and had obviously not lived in England to long herself as when she was attempting to find some phone number's for me, she got every one of them wrong. All I was trying to do was find a number for lost and found at Heathrow as one of my girls had lost her iphone there. I was also trying to find a phone number for the taxi company that we used from the terminal to the hotel. Again what we were given was incorrect. Not just that but it took her at least 20 minutes to find us the wrong phone numbers. I guess she tried but that level of incompetence is not acceptable. Now to the room, There was some kind of chemical on the carpet . I can only assume something they cleaned it with. The carpet actually made my feet feel like they were burning. We all had to wear shoes the whole time we were in the room. Apart from that the carpet was so old and had a horrible oily feel to it. The bathroom was ok but the separate toilet was a joke. Tiny, no ventilation or fan and a strange toilet seat that had a pebble design all over it (i think it was pebbles). Like something from the 70's anyway. It was thick and heavy and shiny! I have to admit my bed, a double, was extremely comfortable and the sheets were cotton. It was very clean and well made. My daughter's had to sleep on 2 x single beds that pulled out from the couch. That's fine for one night and they said they were quite comfortable too. However the blue acrylic blankets on them were an absolute mess. I would have thrown them out if they had been in my own home. They were clean but pilled to pieces. I mean I have never seem anything like it. Huge bit's of fabric hung off them like fluff that comes up on a new woolen carpet. I was horrified. OK, so why didn't we complain and ask to change rooms (I hope some of them are better)... I was so busy consoling my 14 year old over her lost cell phone (honestly, she was hysterical) and trying to obtain phone numbers to do something about that, that we simply didn't ask. We had also been travelling for 30 hours at this stage and my kid's didn't want to face a room change. I think airport hotel's sometimes pray on the fact that many of their patrons are exhausted when they arrive. And so to breakfast. The food was the worst we have every eaten. Home made hash browns were dripping with oil and stuck together in great groups. When cutting into the sausage my daughter put on her plate spat fat out at her with such force that it went all over her top. The egg's were so greasy they were gross and the scrambled egg's tasted so bland that you couldn't really call them eggs. There was a small selection of cereals and yogurt. The fruit salad looked awful and tasted the same. All in all the worst hotel experience of my life. It is a joke to call this property 4 star.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest

I am sorry that on this occasion you were disappointed with your stay at the Novotel London Heathrow. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and am currently investigating the matter. Feel free to email me on h1551-gm@accor.com to discuss this further.

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Over night stay, as flying the next day. We had a lovely quiet room on the ground floor, very comfy beds. My husband had a panic attack in the night & went out for some fresh air, staff were very supportive & even made him a cup of tea. Swimming pool an added bonus. Will stay again. Did not eat there as we found a lovey pub The Pheasant Inn near by.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Escapingisfun
Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Novotel London Heathrow and I hope your Husband will feel better soon.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I rarely fly from London Heathrow, but when I do I like to stay somwhere I feel comfortable, and that's not easy!
I was told of the Novotel by a colleague who had stayed there earlier that month and decided to give it a go.
The hotel is nicely positioned for both the airport and the motorway and it's very easy to get parked up in the secure car park a stones throw from the hotel entrance.
Check in was busy but I was soon given my key and off to my room. The room was a good size and very clean. The bed was confortably sized and smelt really fresh, and the bathroom too looked very clean. Nice.
I was only staying the night but I felt I would be able to stay for longer with no problem - just what I was looking for.
I had breakfast at the hotel included in my booking and I was impressed by the choice - very good. I do have to say that the evening meal was not as good with variable quality and service, but the restaurant was busy that night.
I needed wifi for two or three urgent emails before I flew out but yet again had to pay - I mean come on, including a 30 minutes free wifi facility for emails would not bankrupt the hotel, if a budget hotel chain can give this service why not the better ones like this hotel?
I used the hotel gym once, nice if a little compact - but I did not use the pool however it looked quite good.
I arranged to leave my car in the car park for a day or so while I did my business flight, the cost was quite competative and I felt it was far easier than parking at the terminal. A bus runs to the terminals from outside the hotel, and you can easily buy tickets at the hotel from a machine - well done!
So, overall was I happy? Yes, this hotel will be my prefered stop over when I fly from Heathrow.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Novotel London Heathrow and I noted your comments about the WIFI charges. I'm happy to let you know that we will be offering a Free WIFI from June 2013 onward. At present Time we have 2 Free Internet Staions available at the Lobby for our clients to use.

Once again, glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Kind regards,
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night before attending a Dog show. The Staff were helpful and welcoming. The room and bathroom were clean, and the bedroom was big enough to put up the dogs houses. The food was good. There is a swimming pool, but we didn't have time to try it. It is a step up from the places we normally stay when going to dog shows, but it was more expensive too. We would recommend this as a place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
JihedLejmi, General Manager at Novotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves in our Hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Burry Port, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I am a Tour Manager with Newmarket Holidays and we were staying at the Novotel Heathrow. The hotel is spotless with the best beds in the world. Close to Heathrow, but you are not aware of any aircraft noise. All my group enjoyed our visit which was to see Carmen at the Royal Albert Hall.
The hotel is easy to find directly off Jun 4 of the M4.
WELL DONE TO ALL THE STAFF and thanks

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
JihedLejmi, General Manager at Novotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves in the Novotel London Heathrow. I look forward to welcoming you back at the Novotel London Heathrow.

Kind regards,
Kitchener
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We were able to book this hotel through Hotwire so got a very good deal on a 4-star hotel. If you want to do anything besides sleep and go -- internet, movies, breakfast -- you will be charged extra. The front desk staff were courteous and efficient. The room was excellent. The beds comfortable. The shower was great!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Novotel London Heathrow and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Drayton
Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4

Been to Novotel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!