“Pleasantly surprised” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

Over night stay, as flying the next day. We had a lovely quiet room on the ground floor, very comfy beds. My husband had a panic attack in the night & went out for some fresh air, staff were very supportive & even made him a cup of tea. Swimming pool an added bonus. Will stay again. Did not eat there as we found a lovey pub The Pheasant Inn near by.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Escapingisfun
JihedLejmi, General Manager at Novotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Novotel London Heathrow and I hope your Husband will feel better soon.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
East midlands, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

I rarely fly from London Heathrow, but when I do I like to stay somwhere I feel comfortable, and that's not easy!
I was told of the Novotel by a colleague who had stayed there earlier that month and decided to give it a go.
The hotel is nicely positioned for both the airport and the motorway and it's very easy to get parked up in the secure car park a stones throw from the hotel entrance.
Check in was busy but I was soon given my key and off to my room. The room was a good size and very clean. The bed was confortably sized and smelt really fresh, and the bathroom too looked very clean. Nice.
I was only staying the night but I felt I would be able to stay for longer with no problem - just what I was looking for.
I had breakfast at the hotel included in my booking and I was impressed by the choice - very good. I do have to say that the evening meal was not as good with variable quality and service, but the restaurant was busy that night.
I needed wifi for two or three urgent emails before I flew out but yet again had to pay - I mean come on, including a 30 minutes free wifi facility for emails would not bankrupt the hotel, if a budget hotel chain can give this service why not the better ones like this hotel?
I used the hotel gym once, nice if a little compact - but I did not use the pool however it looked quite good.
I arranged to leave my car in the car park for a day or so while I did my business flight, the cost was quite competative and I felt it was far easier than parking at the terminal. A bus runs to the terminals from outside the hotel, and you can easily buy tickets at the hotel from a machine - well done!
So, overall was I happy? Yes, this hotel will be my prefered stop over when I fly from Heathrow.

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Novotel London Heathrow and I noted your comments about the WIFI charges. I'm happy to let you know that we will be offering a Free WIFI from June 2013 onward. At present Time we have 2 Free Internet Staions available at the Lobby for our clients to use.

Once again, glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night before attending a Dog show. The Staff were helpful and welcoming. The room and bathroom were clean, and the bedroom was big enough to put up the dogs houses. The food was good. There is a swimming pool, but we didn't have time to try it. It is a step up from the places we normally stay when going to dog shows, but it was more expensive too. We would recommend this as a place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JihedLejmi, General Manager at Novotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves in our Hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Burry Port, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I am a Tour Manager with Newmarket Holidays and we were staying at the Novotel Heathrow. The hotel is spotless with the best beds in the world. Close to Heathrow, but you are not aware of any aircraft noise. All my group enjoyed our visit which was to see Carmen at the Royal Albert Hall.
The hotel is easy to find directly off Jun 4 of the M4.
WELL DONE TO ALL THE STAFF and thanks

• 5 of 5 bubbles
JihedLejmi, General Manager at Novotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves in the Novotel London Heathrow. I look forward to welcoming you back at the Novotel London Heathrow.

Kitchener
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

We were able to book this hotel through Hotwire so got a very good deal on a 4-star hotel. If you want to do anything besides sleep and go -- internet, movies, breakfast -- you will be charged extra. The front desk staff were courteous and efficient. The room was excellent. The beds comfortable. The shower was great!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Novotel London Heathrow and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

I'm starting to sound like a whiner with two poor reviews in a row, but this one does deserve it Im afraid. Rooms are ok if basic - the desk design was clever though if 2 of you want to work. Room layout was weird with separate loo that acted like a huge loudspeaker!
Walls painfully thin so spent the night listening to 2 irate parents screaming at their child who obligingly screamed back. Food in the restaurant was poor - for the first time in my life I sent a steak back as it was inedible - the replacement chicken ceasar was pretty dire too and what was worse was that they celebrated deduting the steak from my bill as if they had done me a favour and stil charged full price for the rest of the meal and the ceasar - even a gesture of a free glass of wine or something would have been appropriate.
Gym is ok for cardio though therses no fitness equpmwent beyond that, just a few dumbells.
Like all the airport hotels in that area its a trog on the hoppa bus to the airport or tube - I resent the £4.50 to get there but its anot a problem of this hotel alone.

Room Tip: Go for an end of corridor soyou only have one thin wall to contend with.