“Great Hotel near Heathrow”

Novotel London Heathrow
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed here one night before catching a morning flight. The room was very nice- it was extremely clean and very comfortable. We had dinner and breakfast at the hotel and they were both very good. The staff went above and beyond in helping us locate some bags we accidentally left on the airport shuttle. I would stay there again and would highly recommend it.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
JihedLejmi, General Manager at Novotel London Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves in the Novotel London Heathrow. I look forward to welcoming you back at the Novotel London Heathrow.

Kind regards

Write a ReviewReviews (2,543)

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Beds are sponge. Sheets are too small for the bed, but even still I found myself having to strip the bed everynight and make it again myself. The use thin lumpy duvets which don't fit the duvet covers. Positives are the rooms are quiet with the double doors - unless you have someone above you in which case you can hear them stomping around. Gym is useless - tiny with aerobic equipment only. And they made an utter fiasco out of my company's 'dinner included' booking by trying to insist I paid for the tips I'd given for service!!! Do they WANT their service staff to get no service tips!! insane.

Dear Guest

I am really sorry to hear that your stay at the Novotel London Heathrow wasn’t up to expectations. I would very much like to discuss the matter with you in person and would appreciate it if you would email me on h1551-gm@accor.com.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Novotel is a tasteless, impersonal business. But they have good rates at convenient locations. However, th bs shuttle from Novotel was 10 mn late, and though, at 6 am, i was the only passenger, i took us 20 mn to get to terminal 3. One expcts a better service from an airport hotel. Usually i stayed at the Hilton, and for sure will return there next time.

Dear Guest

Thank you for posting your thoughts on here, we really value your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back at the Novotel London Heathrow.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed at the Heathrow Novotel again as its a very convenient hotel for the airport and surrounding business park.

Check-in was fast and efficient so we were in our room within 10 minutes. The room was clean, tidy and a comfortable temperature (many hotels have AC that is either too hot/cold and makes a horrendous noise when cooling/heating).

We use the gym and pool which were both very clean and well kept - the pool is overlooked by the bar, so while you are swimming, you get a few faces pressed against the glass.

We decided to eat in the bar, not the restaurant this time and I'm pleased to say the speed of food service had improved since our last visit. Order was taken efficiently and the food arrived within 15 minutes unlike last time when neither were great.

Overall a better stay than previous, therefore I've increased my rating - let's hope they can keep it up.

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit at the Novotel London Heathrow.
I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed here (2nd time) prior to an early flight from Heathrow in late December 2012. We like it because the rooms are very comfortable and well equipped and excellent value from a hotel booking website. Just 10 minutes in a taxi to the airport at about £12 a journey, or the airport bus is available. We didn't have any meals, but there was tea, coffee and biscuits in the room. We'll be back!

Room Tip: We preferred the room overlloking the central atrium when we first stayed here to the room with an...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thanks for your review. I’m glad you had a good stay with us at the Novotel London Heathrow and I hope to see you on your next trip.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Stayed here for just one night with the Other Half to meet and spend time with my GodSon who was travelling solo to Australia early the next morning. GS picked the hotel, we didn't. If I'd realised he was flying from Terminal 4, I perhaps would have persuaded him that this wasn't the best option. It's great for Terminals 1,2 and 3, but a bit of a drive to T4.

An inauspicious start to our stay caused by a really long wait to check in, but a very short queue. Two receptionists, one dealing with a quarrelsome couple, the other spending a long time to check in another couple. We were checked in by a third receptionist who appeared behind the desk. Very pleasant, but I think she'd just been on a cigarette break...not pleasant. The check in procedure seems overly complex especially as we had prepaid. And they insist on giving you A4 pieces of paper as receipts for everything, including car parking and an additional breakfast.

Our room was very nice, decent bathroom with a good shower, even if you need to be an Olympic standard high jumper to get in and out of the very high bath.

The bed, oh dear God, the bed. The worst night's sleep I've ever had in a hotel! The "mattress" seemed to be just a large block of foam rubber with no support. The weight of my Other Half (who is just a normal sized bloke) seemed to push my half of the bed up and I spent the night clinging to a sloping ledge of foam. I was so pleased when the alarm went off and I could get up.

Breakfast was lovely, I wish we'd had longer to linger.

Bar staff were very nice and friendly, which offset the prices. £4 each for a pint of Foster's and Guinness and £12 odd for two bottles of Leffe and a Rum and Coke.

We paid £62 for our double room with bed and breakfast. It costs an additional £10 to park here overnight, but they do let you out and back in again - we went out to eat.

Room Tip: On check in, they ask if you want an inner or outer facing room, near or far from the lift - it took...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback we will look into all your highlighted points. Please feel free to email me on h1551-gm@accor.com to discuss this further.
With kind regards,

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Looking at the reviews on TripAdvisor I was really looking forward to this stay, and wasnt disappointed. This is the best hotel I have stayed in so far. Its clean, tidy, well designed throughout from the reception area, to the rooms.

Check in was painless, staff very helpful. Anybody who has read my other reviews will know that my main gripes are paying for parking and over priced breakfast! Well for a 2 night stay they charged £20! My wife is disabled and they said there is no reduction. Quick chat with the manager and it was dropped - so do ask!

The breakfast was offered at £10 each which again in my eyes is far to expensive - I recommend a trip to the local Wetherspoons at Stockley Park (about 1 mile away), for cheap and cheerful food, and this pub is based around the edge of a lake.

All the food was very expensive so we ate out...but to be fair the food we seen being brought out to others looked very good. On our last evening we gave in and had a dessert from the menu each and they were both lovely!

Pool was freezing! But would be great on a hot summers day! Gym simple and basic, but again all free to use. Towels provided free of charge. Another bonus for me, they showed live Sky football in the bar.

Rooms were perfect, clean tidy and spacious cannot complain at all. One feature I really liked was that the room overlooked the inside of the hotel, so we could see the reception, bar area, lobby and pool - my wife wasnt so keen on this...she liked to see what the weather was doing!

So to sum up, brilliant but shame about the price of extras. But we often come up to London and this hotel will be my first choice each time.

Room Tip: Eat at the wetherspoons if on a budget - great location on the lake, its quite, and cheap and cheerf...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Novotel London Heathrow and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.