“Standard airport hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Standard airport hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2011

I stayed here as I had an early morning flight to Copenhagen. The staff are friendly and helpful. I would not order room service though and certainly not the fish. I had a bit of tummy upset after the food and complained. While they didn't charge me for food, they did promise to look into it and get back to me. I have not heard anything. The room was a standard Novotel room and clean as usual.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
bernardSouthampton, General Manager at Novotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, July 11, 2011
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here. I’m glad you enjoyed your visit. Please rest assured that I will take note of your comments and the matter will be addressed. I hope we can welcome you back to the Novotel London Heathrow in the near future.
General manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2011

My stay at this Novotel was unremarkable overall. I arrived at Heathrow from overseas and was able to check in early (about noon) with no problems. Room was OK, average accommodations and cleanliness. Staff was friendly. There is a restaurant/bar on the lobby which is a good thing because I don't think there is much else in the area except other hotels. Service in the bar was a little slow, but I think there were not many people on duty. Food was OK.

I would have no reason not to stay at this hotel again assuming it was a short stay. If I was staying for longer I would look for a nicer room and more to do in the area.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
bernardSouthampton, General Manager at Novotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, June 28, 2011
We at the Novotel London Heathrow very much appreciate all your thoughts. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and having noted all your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards
Elm Grove, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2011

Our family of 6 stayed here June 23rd before an early morning flight. Rooms were terrific: a true queen bed, plus sofa sleepers for the children, already made up, and in one room, the sofa sleeper was actually 2 single beds which our teens appreciated. Spotlessly clean and modern. Reception staff were courteous and provided all the information we needed. We would definitely stay again.

Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Many thanks for taking the time to note your recent positive experience at the Novotel London Heathrow hotel - I was pleased to see that you enjoyed so many different aspects of your stay, and I do hope that you will return again in the future.

Mildura, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2011

Arrived 28th April after long Airline trip
The first Impression was the Reception Area looked Good
After checking in we were given our Key and proceeded to the Floor of our room
No help was offered by Porters with our luggage
Remembering the classification of this hotel I was suprised
The Carpets were noticably worn and dirty
The room was basic and as clean as could be made with the worn furniture
the restaurant was much better and as our stay included Breakfast we stayed to eat each day
The service and food was OK but not spectacular
On checking out we were unfortunate to have discovered that there were several Sneak Thieves operating in the Lobby and suffered a huge loss of Jewellery.
BEWARE there are no CCTV cameras in the Lobby Area
The Security in London everywhere is provided by private security Guards in just about every Location EXCEPT the Novotel Heathrow. The Checkout process is unsupervised and the persons in the Reception Area are not challenged if they are not guests.

Room Tip: Stay Elsewhere
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Greynomad2648
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on the hotel following your recent stay with us.

I understand that you had encountered some problems upon your arrival and during your stay, thank you for having brought this to our attention. We would like to inform you that the hotel have CCTV Cameras and we have night security at the hotel.

Once again, please accept our deepest apologies for having been unable to meet your expectations.

Regards,

Hessle, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2011

You know when you stay in hotels a lot that you do notice the abnormal. Well let me tell you about my stay at the London Heathrow Novotel.
Now, I'm a member of the Accor 'A-Club' and am frequently dismayed about the number of times I then have to write out my full name and address when checking in, but this took the biscuit.
I arrived with three colleagues, we each were checked in by a different agent at the same time. But my check in took so long that my colleague had time to go to his room, get changed and return to the bar before I got my room key!!
When I checked in the agent found my reservation but said "I have to go to the office sir" - then he came back looking confused. He then said "I have to phone my boss" looking confused and getting annoyed I patiently waited. He couldn't get through to his boss and then proceeded to ask if I wanted dinner. No, I said. He then started pressing a few more buttons then asked for my name and address again. Then he turned the screen to me and asked "is a standard room ok for you?" to which I replied "that's what my company agent booked for me so yes, that would be fine".
By this time my colleague had returned at which point I finally got my room key.
So, that bit over, I have to say we had a comfortable meeting in the open plan bar area and managed to blag a few free drinks from the 5pm hotel management/corporate traveller mingling session.
We had three course dinner in the restaurant which wasn't bad at £35 a head inc. a bottle of wine.
The air conditioning in my room was fantastic. It was a warm night and usually I've been disappointed with the cooling effect of air con in hotels but this was awesome.
Overall, a positive experience let down only by the very weird check in process. I didn't feel like a welcomed member of their A-Club at all.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Reviewer, I have noted your mixed review posted online following your recent stay – I do hope that you will return to experience a more enjoyable stay in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Drayton
Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Sofitel London Heathrow

Been to Novotel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!