“Fantastic Hotel!”

Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Reviewed September 4, 2006

Stayed at the Crowne Plaza as part of a 2 day legoland break. What a fantastic hotel - lovely large family rooms, nice pool, fabulous breakfast and very quiet and clean. The deal through legoland provided us with terrific value for money. Didn't eat in the hotel other than breakfast - but what I saw looked good. Would recommend - especially to families who want a quiet comfortable place to say. There is even a kids play room!

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
1  Thank sarell96
Write a ReviewReviews (3,043)

Reviewed August 23, 2006

We stayed on a two nights for one offer from Holiday Inn on 19th and 20th August. We were given a club floor room which was beautiful.

The room and bathroom were in an art deco style and a lot of attention to detail was evident from the lovely Molton Brown toiletries through to the CD player.

Furthermore we were given access to the club floor lounge where there was free internet access, free drinks and canapes at 5.30pm each afternoon.

Also a letter was in our room telling us we could have a free breakfast on the Sunday morning.

The staff were polite and quick to sort out some loud kids next door on our behalf!

All in all very enjoyable, totally relaxing, great facilities

Close to Windsor too, where we enjoyed a lovely afternoon shopping

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
3  Thank SparkyG
Reviewed August 18, 2006

I moved here after a horrible experience at the Sheraton, and this hotel is the best in the area. The only downside is that rack rates are very expensive. If you are able to get in at a discount price, this is the hotel to stay in.

The rooms are clean, and the service is good. I have stayed in this hotel for weeks on end and it is a relaxing place to stay. I would suggest heading somewhere else to eat though, as the food is tasteless and expensive.

Make sure you check your bill on their system daily, I did have a Red Bull go missing from the mini bar when I was not in the room, and was charged the insane mini bar price for it. A call to the front desk resulted in a refund. Fortunately, the online system shows the times that the charge applies.

My biggest beef is the price of Internet. I use it for business and 15 'quid' a day is insane. However, I learned that this may be standard for the region.

If I were to stay near the hotel, this would be amongst my top choices.

If you do stay here, keep in mind you are a long ways from anything interesting in London. If you are here to visit, pay a little more and stay in London Proper. You will more than make up for it in Taxi fare.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank amzia
Reviewed August 17, 2006

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, West Drayton for 3 nights. We got a great package deal via internet, 3 nights stay at hotel and 2 days at legoland, for myself and my 2 boys (aged 11 & 9). We had a fantasic time so much to do at legoland the kids enjoyed it so much. The hotel was lovely we all had a great time. I have told all my work friends about this package deal, as it was well worth it. I will be back next year......

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
1  Thank legoland11
Reviewed August 1, 2006

This is an excellent and quiet modern hotel near Heathrow. It is also convenient for Legoland and Windsor Castle. Pros: great large bedrooms, quiet, clean, great pool, full services. Cons: restaurants are expensive, internet is overpriced (15 pounds for 24 hours), phone calls are overpriced. Also be aware that although the standard room rate is 195 pounds a night, you can get a much better price through a package deal such as those available for Legoland. The buffet breakfast which is included in some room rates/packages is excellent.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
4  Thank CafeBohemia
Reviewed July 29, 2006

We used the hotel for legoland having arrived at 6am from a long haul flight , the receptionist was very helpful to give us one of the 2 rooms we booked at this early hour . The rooms were large , well equipped & clean as was the bathroom. We dealt with several members of the reception, conciege, housekeeping & other staff & all were friendly & efficient , much could be learnt by 5 star London city hotels(which most we have stayed in) from this establishment. The pool was also very good.There was no aeroplane noise & the blackout curtains were the best I have seen. The restaurant we used was pretty average & a little expensive but as we stayed on a Sunday only one was open so I can't comment on the others ,the breakfast restaurant seemed a little short staffed given how busy they were.The location is good although you need a car (parking was free) & you have the normal heathrow area traffic problems.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
3  Thank cheung8
Reviewed July 25, 2006

As a frequent guest at the Crowne Plaza London Heathrow I feel it is about time I wrote and posted a formal review.

I travel regularly to Africa via London and upon each return leg I have made it my choice to stay at this hotel.

Check-In: The multi-linguistic and diversified hotel staff at the check-in counter are always courteous and most accomodating. I am a club priority member and have always been granted a room upgrade at the facility should it be available on the time of check-in. I always ask for a quieter room either on a higher floor or at the end of the corridors and have always been granted this.

Rooms: The rooms at the Crowne Plaza are very large and comfortable especially compared to other European hotel rooms. There are a variety of different rooms available ranging from 2 double beds, to a queen/king size bed with sofa and desk. The bathrooms are clean and come equipped with a variety of toiletries, including shower gel, shampoo, conditioner. For those who get upgraded to executive club rooms there are extra toiletry perks.
I will tell you that some rooms are more comfortable than others. There are sections of the hotel with older rooms which aren't as well decorated or equipped as the newer or shall I say most recently renovated rooms.
By far the executive club floor rooms are the most comfortable. I feel like a queen when I get upgraded to these. With these rooms you also have access to an executive club lounge which has beverages available throughout the day and night. It also provides evening snacks and a continental breakfast.

Athletic Club: This is one of the best features for me. I love the gym -modern equipment that works and is well maintained, the large pool, hot tub, sauna, and steamroom.

Restaurants: I haven't eaten at any of the restaurants here however, my colleagues have without complaint. The main restaurant has a breakfast and dinner buffet which always looks and smells most appetizing.

Business Centre and Internet Access: There is a fully operational business centre with 2 available computers. Most rooms are equipped with internet access either wireless or through the tv. The cost is really high though, I think around 15 pounds per day. I travel on business so I charge it as a travel expense.

Service: In my experience the staff at the Crowne Plaza go out of their way to accomodate hotel guest needs. A couple of times I have had to ring them for 1. noisy neighbours, 2. air conditioning not working, 3. need for a can opener, 4. need for a hot water bottle. Each time my needs were satisfied without question and in a most timely manner.

Noise: This hotel is usually always full. It caters to a wide variety of clientele including business travellers, cabin crew, families, conference attendees. Especially in the morning and late afternoon it is abuzz with people. With all of this traffic one would think that the hallways and rooms too would be a bit more noisy. This has not been my experience though. I usually stay on either the 2nd or 3rd floors and I must say it is rather quiet. The rooms toward the end of the hallways are quietest as I mentioned previously.
You will hear the planes coming and going but only until around 10:30 or 11:00 at night and beginning at around 7:00 am. The level of sound isn't bothersome though, at least not for me.

Access: Although it may appear that the Crowne Plaza is isolated without access to local stores and markets, this is not the case. It is only a short hop to a nearby town (forget the name) which has a huge mall. The bus stop is about 400m from the hotel and the bus takes you right to the mall. The buses run every 12 minutes on average. You can also take this bus to a nearby tube-subway station which will take you right into London.

Price: This is perhaps the greatest draw for me. I always travel over a weekend as the price is the lowest Fri, Sat and Sun. I have never paid more than 70 pounds for a room. I book online each time as they usually offer the best rates.

Overall, I have nothing but good things to say about the Crowne Plaza London Heathrow. I plan to return time and again.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled solo
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Park Inn by Radisson Hotel & Conference Centre London Heathrow
Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4
Sofitel London Heathrow

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow? Share your experiences!