“Comfy, handy hotel”

Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Close to terminals 4 and 5 excellent value for money. Very comfy beds and excellent customer services. Breakfast was of a good selection and again at tentative service. Car parking was a bit of a nightmare as more cars than spaces! Landed up way back from hotel and when raining on arrival not good . Would recommend and use again for closeness to airport and value for Money.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
CP-MgrGuestRelations, Guest Services Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2014

Dear abbie15,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London-Heathrow.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay, I will be sure to forward your kind comments onto our staff!

Guest Services Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,054)

Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

I can't rate this place highly enough. It offers superb value for money, and is located very close to the airport terminals. The rooms are well appointed and more than adequate. Breakfast is comprehensive, the spa . Gym and pool are clean. But what really stands out here are the staff. They are friendly and professional.

The mark of a good hotel is how guest concerns are addressed, and this place sets a high standard.

This is a great hotel for people who need a night of two at the airport.

Stayed: July 2014

Dear David L,

It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and rate us so highly, I will be sure to comminicate your kind review to our staff. In particular it is very pleasing to know that you find our problem resoultion so good, and your concerns were dealt with to your satisfaction.

Guest Services Manager

Reviewed July 17, 2014

- it takes about 30 min to go from airport to hotel... in Taxi (18 pounds), if you will use bus (5), add at least 20 min more, it is just 10 min car, but you have to get a car first or wait the bus...
- Rooms are OK, in fact i put 2 points because they give as a gift a couple of sprays for sleeping (first time I see this in more than 10 years traveling around the world)
- restaurant: close at 9:30 that is relatively OK, so i went to the bar. I had to beg for someone to take my order. 20 min later they came with my burger..., noone paid any attention to me after that, so again I had to request the bill, and after 10 min waiting i leave (good thing, no one cares..., so you can eat for free...)
- price: room price + taxis almost same than sofitel inside T5..., that is an increidible hotel, and it takes just 15 min to be there from most of the Terminals...

Room Tip: all rooms look to be same, ask how far is from the lifts... could take 5 min to commute from lift to...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
CP-MgrGuestRelations, Guest Services Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2014

Dear Diego116,

I am glad to hear that you liked our 'Sleep Advantage' Spray kits, that we keep in the bedrooms to aid our guests in having a relaxing sleep at the hotel. I am however sorry to hear you had a disappointing experience in our hotel Bar. Please accept my apologies as this is not the standards we aim to deliver and I have shared your comments with the relevant department for further investigation and improvements. If you wish to discuss your stay further, please contact me directly at lonha.guestrelations@ihg.com

Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this Crowne Plaza for two-days in July 2014. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of this hotel. My room was well appointed; having a king sized bed, a spacious desk with multiple plug-ins, a coffee/tea center and mini-bar. It was also clean and quiet. The drapery could've blocked the light a bit better though. My rate included the wifi, which operated fairly well for even streaming video. The hotel's fitness center was equipped well but was a bit small and overcrowded (I think the public may use it with memberships). There are three options to eat at the hotel. I visited two of the three (the lobby and an Indian restaurant). Both served good food and cold beverages at modest pricing. If I was made to give a criticism about this property, it would be that the young man that worked the front desk while I checked in was a bit sarcastic and flippant. Otherwise, a great experience. I will gladly use this hotel again if given a "layover" type of business trip in London.

Stayed: July 2014

Dear David L,

I am glad you enjoyed your stay, and so many of our facilities. I will be sure to forward your kind comments on to the relevant departments.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

This is the third time I've stayed at this hotel, and I doubt I'll come back. Upon arrival at midnight, I overheard the reception staff telling a man that his room with no air conditioning could not be changed, and that "lots of rooms have this problem", and that the hotel was overbooked anyway. My internet in the room is terrible, and having joined the IHG loyalty programme for free internet, it didn't work. I've resorted to getting internet via my phone. And now I wake up to find that I've been charged £13 for my free internet.

My guess is that they simply don't care whether you have a good experience or not, because they are a big brand and right near Heathrow.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel for sure!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
CP-MgrGuestRelations, Guest Services Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Dear ybcmark,

I am sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations during your stay, please accept my sincere apologies. I can assure you that your comments are most certainly valued and we take all guest feedback very seriosuly.

We are always keen to make sure our guests leave feeling they have had a fantasic stay, and where possible exceed their expectations. If you would like to contact us directly at the hotel, we would be very happy to speak with you furthur about your stay. Please contact us at: lonha.guestrelations@ihg.com.

I look forward to hearing from you and hopefully welcoming you again in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed July 15, 2014

I needed somewhere to stay after a late night drive up from Devon with an early start in London and the Crowne Plaza Heathrow fitted the bill perfectly. Having booked a little in advance and paid in advance, I got a very good deal which included breakfast (and parking it seems too). My expected ETA was 1am which was no problem for the hotel. There was plenty of parking available, something the hotels nearer to the airport have a problem with. Even at that time of the night, there was someone at reception. Check in was friendly and as there was no one else arriving at that time, very quick.
Having checked I could still get a drink in the hotel bar, I took my bag up to my room. My expectations with the room were certainly exceeded ~ it was big, clean, comfortable, furnished to a high standard and very welcoming; a big bonus at that time of night when you are weary.
I went back down to get a drink, and even though there were a couple of people in the bar, there didn’t appear to be a barman around and it took at least 15 minutes or so to find one. However, drinks were eventually served.
Even with the window open, I got a good night’s sleep, undisturbed by the motorway traffic or aircraft.
As breakfast was included in the price, I indulged, though not sure I would have done at the full price.
I appreciate they are catering for large numbers in a short space of time at breakfast, but there didn’t appear to be anyone in charge and it did appear a bit chaotic. I waited a while to be shown to a table and then went to help myself to the choices available. The selection and availability were very good, cold and cooked, and the coffee hot, though a little weak.
My two gripes about breakfast: even though they are providing breakfast for several hundred people, there is only one small toaster, in front of which in inevitable queue formed. I would have like toast with my scrambled egg, but couldn’t be bothered to wait ages to make my toast. Secondly, the breakfast chef needs a few lessons in how to cook fried eggs as a large number were over-cooked or just completely ruined.
Check out was quick with just drinks to pay for and I was quickly on the M4 and back on my way again.
All in all, I would happily stay at the Crowne Plaza Heathrow again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Dear cjlb,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Heathrow. I am pleased you found so many aspects of the hotel to exceed your expectations.

Its very pleasing to hear you enjoyed the ease of having such a large car park to find a space in, and our rooms were to your satisfaction. I will be sure to pass onto our Food & Beverage Manager your comments about the Toaster at breakfast, and also the standard of Eggs that were being served.

Wamest regards

Reviewed July 15, 2014

The business meeting area here has been dramatically transformed and really works well. I would recommend this hotel for business meetings close to Heathrow.

The rooms are excellent and you get a good sleep.

The staff are very hard working and I commend them! I left my mobile charging in my room and the staff ensured it was handed in, kept securely and handed back 48 hours later. Honesty and reliability was top class. Well done!

Room Tip: Exec rooms are excellent.

Dear Dave H,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Heathrow, and in particular the Plaza Conference area.

I am glad you feel the Conference area has improved after our refurbishment, and it is pleasing to hear you had a good nights sleep after being well looked by our staff.

I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future, whether that be for Conference purposes or Leisure.

Warmest regards

Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Park Inn by Radisson Hotel & Conference Centre London Heathrow
Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4
Sofitel London Heathrow

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow? Share your experiences!