“Pretty good all round”

Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

Doesn't look all that from the outside, but don't let that fool you. Inside it's very nice and well staffed. There are concessions for a Starbucks and an Irish pub, as well as the hotel restaurant. The Starbucks in particular is very nice. This is an 'old IHG' style hotel and the rooms have not been refreshed in a while, but that doesn't actually show a great deal - it doesn't look particularly dated. We were upgraded from a double room to a twin exec as platinum IHG guests - an odd upgrade but nice nonetheless. We had dinner at the Irish pub which was quite reasonable, and breakfast at the restaurant area which was very nice, and included one of the world famous IHG 'popcake' self-service pancake machines. Our room was very nice and so were the staff. We slept well and had good meals. Everything was clean and service was polite and friendly - so no complaints really. Would recommend to add a touch of class to your airport stopover.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
CP-MgrGuestRelations, Manager Guest Relations at Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear Henry C

Thank you for your loyalty and review following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Heathrow.

I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and offerings, specially the recognition as an IHG Rewards Elite Platinum member.

Manager Guest Relations

Write a ReviewReviews (3,109)

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Check in was very busy, with no serviced rooms apparently available at 4 in the afternoon. Eventually managed to get the key to my room after 25 minutes. Maids were still working in several rooms as I went down the corridor, which was lined with room service trays and empty bottles, some of which were apparently still there when I left the next morning. Room was spacious and comfortable. However, on taking a bath later in the evening I discovered nail clippings from a previous guest on the bathroom floor. Reception were very apologetic and offered a generous number of loyalty points in compensation, as well as waiving the (£12) car parking charge.
Fortunately there were positives as well, hence my overall rating. The hotel is well located just off the M4, and I found staff in all areas friendly and efficient. Food and service in the restaurant were good, although I thought the prices somewhat high. The same was true in the bar.
Booking early meant I got a very low rate for the room, especially knowing how much Heathrow hotels can cost, and because I was upgraded to club a full breakfast was provided in the morning, so the stay was very good value for money.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo

Dear PMc23,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Heathrow.

I am sorry to hear your disappointment and that we did not meet your expectations at first. Please accept my sincere apologies, however I am pleased that the challenges encountered were handled well and efficiently to your satisfaction during your stay and enabled you to enjoy our hotel and offerings, specially the friendliness of our staff.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

We stayed here for one night like most people pre holiday. We were pleasantly surprised. Normally we wouldn't expect a decent room and we would expect to pay over the odds for all food and drink.
The Crowne Plaza did exactly the opposite. The room was great. Very spacious with modern furnishings and a spotless bathroom. Free bottle water and tea and biscuits. We dined at O'Driscolls brasserie. They offered us a valentines menu (it was February 15th) which represented incredible value for money. A bottle of prosecco, 12oz rib eye steaks, chips(decent) and two more sides of your choice along with a trio of sharing desserts. £40 the lot!
Parking there is £12 which I think it is pretty standard. Anyway, we left for Rome feeling very happy and would look to book there again if flying out of Heathrow.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Simonelk,

I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and offerings, specially the valentine's dinner and great value.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

where do I start! I booked into one of your club rooms at your westdrayton hotel room 4365 to be precise on 15/02/2014 to check out 16/02/2014. when I got to the room to start I had no bed linen, I then went on to set my things up as I was planning a wedding proposal for my partner, to realise there was no mirror in the room to blowdry my hair. I contacted the reception and they had no other rooms and they were pretty abruput and rude. I then went on to have a shower which turned off several times on its own and after 30 seconds or so came back on freezing cold. when I was finally able to rinse my hair and do my hair WITHOUT!! any mirror in the room it turned out the lamp on the desk was broken and then fell on me and graized my knuckle! and the wooden floor was broken and left to which it cut my toe. on checkout the lady on reception said the balance was 130 when I insited they had swiped my card on arrival and I checked my account on your cash machine on site to see the amount had already been deducted in which she continued to insist it hadn't.the card I gave her I don't use so I went to the bank the previous morning to put the amount I needed in there so I knew if there wasn't anything in the account you were in receipt of it. there was a big que forming behind me in which the receptionist insited on swiping my card again and again which I already did on arrival to which she kept repeating declined for everybody behind me to hear. I insisted it was because you already had the money in which she finally realised I was left red faced and humiliated to turn and face the people behind me and not even so much as an apology from your receptionist. overall my experience was awful and I did not go ahead with the proposal as the night was ruined from the moment I stayed in your hotel.i am I priority card holder with the crowne plaza and have stayed in many of your hotels world wide and have never had an experience quite like this before. I feel humiliated and let down by your hotel and staff, will never stay here again!

kind regards

chloe hill

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank chloe h

Dear Ms Hill

I am very sorry to hear your disappointment with your stay and that we did not meet your expectations. Please accept my deepest apologies once again and I am thankful that you have already given me the opportunity to address the issues that you encountered and provided you with a resolution matching your expectations.

Ronan Amaral

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Many years ago a good friend of mine was always complaining about hotels that didn't "work". He was an international traveller and I realise these days exactly what he meant - having stayed in plenty of hotels that don't "work". The Crowne Plaza at London Hotel though works like a treat! I'd had a very long day driving around the UK in foul weather and was very tired and dishevelled when I arrived at the hotel in the early evening. So, what a pleasant surprise to be greeted by friendly doormen and even friendlier check-in staff. I'm just a basic IHG Club member, but I was treated as though I was royalty! Both staff were smiling all the way through the check-in process and made me feel very welcome. The room was very spacious and just about on a par with some of the best hotels I've stayed in, if a little dated. The bathroom was clean and everything worked well, including good size bath towels which is something that drives me mad in some hotel - crappy tiny towels! I then went down to the bar to have a beer and some pub grub - again, fantastic service and hot food served in very quick time. I had a great nights sleep and was expecting to be disappointed when checking out as there is usually something to knock a star off a hotel, but not a bit of it, plenty of staff and I was checked out with the same efficiency and smiles that I'd received when I checked in. Well done to this hotel and it's management and I'll be back when I'm in the area.

Room Tip: I think they are all similar.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear JamesL

I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and offerings, specially the arrival welcome by our friendly staff and the IHG Rewards recognition.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

We stayed for one night prior to flying to Hong Kong and couldn't fault the hotel. Although it is slightly off the airport the Hoppa Bus was perfect and reasonably priced for getting us to our terminal on time. The rooms are comfortable, clean and the hotel staff very helpful and pleasant. Would certainly recommend this hotel for a stay before flying the next day.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear NormanW

I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and offerings, specially the friendliness and helpfulness of our staff.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Returned to this hotel after a number of years not needing to stay near Heathrow and found it better than previously (and that was good). Efficient courteous staff, rooms well maintained (on the whole) and recognition of Priority Club status. Also plenty of parking space (which always seemed to be a problem before. Good and well-organised breakfast. The Hotel Hoppa bus service has not improved though - the service to T5 seemed to run between 5 and 20 minutes late on the four occasions that I used it. With some of the inclusive parking deals, it can be cheaper to stay here than to park in one of the airport car parks.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Hampshire-resident

I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and offerings, specially the courtesy of our staff. I am sorry to hear that you Hoppa experience has not improved and this has been reported to National Express which runs the shuttles. Unfortunately within this area, on peak times, there can be delays due to local traffic.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Drayton
Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4
Park Inn by Radisson Hotel & Conference Centre London Heathrow
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
Sofitel London Heathrow

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow? Share your experiences!