“Overnight stay at hotel”

Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Overnight stay at hotel”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Upgraded to club class and everything about our stay was very impressive.
All staff were extremely helpful, courteous and cheerful. The food, drinks and service in the club lounge were first class - nothing was too much trouble. The accommodation was spacious, very comfortable and quiet. The main restaurant on the ground floor was also of a high standard. We flew of Heathrow the following day, having had a perfect start to our holiday.
C Leamy

Room Tip: No problems on the club floor
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Leamy2014
CP-MgrGuestRelations, Manager Guest Relations at Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear Leamy2014,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Heathrow.

I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and offerings, specially the club lounge facilities and offerings.

Manager Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
  • Greek first
United Kingdom
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,155 helpful votes
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We wanted to experience a different part of London and decided to give the Southall area a try. This hotel by Heathrow came up trumps, I got a good deal for an advanced booking, got a family room, it has a swimming pool, decent gym, sauna. Its a short drive to Southall and Windsor.

Check in was straightforward, we were happy to a decent sized room fit for the family. It would had been useful if we were informed about getting the parking ticket validated at check in. Parking is £12 pounds per day which is on the high side.

The hotel has a small gift shop, pub/bar, Indian restaurant. We made regular use of the pool in the morning and overall we enjoyed our stay and was good value for money.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear PrestonGuild

Thank you for your loyalty and review following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Heathrow.

I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and offerings, specially the health club facilities and location.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Crowne plaza heathrow (west drayton) for a night. It was easy to get to as I had been there before. Parking (£12 for the day), for some reason they would charge £50 if I checked out early (!), not sure if that even makes sense!
On the way up to the room there were three lifts, two of which were not in use, so only one was functional. I came at a time where there were a whole load of oriental cabin crew/ airline staff and a coach load of OAPs. So you can imagine how long it took to get into the lift and into the room. Frustrating. Hopefully it was just a one off.
However, once in the room I was welcomed by a clean room, beautiful view, two large comfortable beds, complimentary snacks (including biscuits, chocolates, nuts etc.).
I didn't use room service or the bar or restaurant, but did speak to reception for my parking ticket to be validated, they seemed friendly.

Overall, a nice comfortable stay, with a nice view, small complimentary bits, a few minutes away from heathrow central.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RChaudary
CP-MgrGuestRelations, Manager Guest Relations at Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear RChaudary,

I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and offerings, specially the friendliness of our Front desk. I do apologise for the inconvenience with regards to the lift not working upon your arrival and I believe it was fixed on the same day.

Belfast, NI
Reviewed February 6, 2014

£67.50 for a club room on a saturday night. On the weekends the club rooms get you full breakfast in the restaurant. Also got a free drink voucher because of my IHG status. The club lounge is great! Nibbles and cheese board and free drinks between 6pm and 9pm, I had nearly two bottles of the sparkling chardonnay in that time and a lot of nibbles :) great deal! The location is great too about 10 mins in the bus (H51) it goes every half hour from T5.

All round 10/10 and if the price is that good I'll stay there everytime I'm at heathrow.

one downside is you can't bring your own food into the lounge but you can take stuff from the lounge to your room.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Olybeast
Dear Olybeast,

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 4, 2014

When I made my reservation, I made a point of getting the name of the reservations agent, a Michelle Byrne, as I was SO impressed with her level of support and professionalism. She told me she deals with all our company bookings but made my experience really personal. The stay was great, I had a brilliant room as well, so thanks, Michelle - I look forward to my next trip!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank janetskillin
Dear Janetskillin ,

I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel facilities and offerings, specially the friendliness of our Michelle and her personal touches. Your comments are certainly being shared with senior management ensuring Michelle is recognised for delivering great customer service.

Oxford
Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed here for 1 night, needed a cheap hotel for one night in West London.
Overall, not bad for the price. It's an airport hotel so expectations should not be too high.
Stayed in a family room (2 double beds), spacious and clean. Very quiet and beds were comfy.
Check in and check out were painless, reception staff were friendly and even gave my children sweets. They allowed me to check in early.
The pool wasn't bad, there was a sauna, jacuzzi, plunge pool, small learner pool and a decent sized main pool, the children had a great time.
Negative points: hotel needs a bit of a general spruce up especially the rooms, £5 per hour for internet is a swindle. Parking is ample but also costs £12 for 24h.
If someone is flying from Heathrow it is very close, also close to motorway.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Omar K
Dear okgk220705,

I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel facilities and offerings, specially the friendliness of our Front desk staff. With regards to the Wifi, from July 2014 it will be complimentary for all IHG Rewards members. At the present our Gold and Platinum already receive this amenity.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

I stay in many IHG properties around the world and enjoy the status of Royal Ambassador.
I chose the Crowne Plaza as I needed to be near LHR and usually they are better than HI and HI Express.
This is a classic example of a tired old UK hotel far outclassed by IHG properties abroad. The room was especially tired with an old bathroom showing real signs of desperation. The air con was absolutely useless so I needed to open the window to cool the room down.
I'm also pretty sure I was not upgraded despite being assured I was.
I ate in the main restaurant and can be much more positive about the experience. Newly refurbished the food was decent although limited in choice.
I wouldn't stay again.
I stayed in an HI Express the next evening which was 10x better and 3x cheaper

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
CP-MgrGuestRelations, Manager Guest Relations at Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Onantoherflight,

I am sorry to hear we have not met your expectations this time. Please accept my sincere apologies. I would really like to hear more about your stay so I can investigate it further, therefore if you wish to discuss it further, please contact me directly at lonha.guestrelations@ihg.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Drayton
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow? Share your experiences!