“A very ordinary hotel -- Not one of the great Crowne Plazas.”

Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
South West
“A very ordinary hotel -- Not one of the great Crowne Plazas.”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

They asked for £6 an hour for wifi. I pointed out that every McDonald's and Costa and many motorway service stations and truckstops now had free wifi. They said that in that case, they would send someone along to my room with a password for complimentary wifi "just this once". Could they just give it to me over the phone? No. It would have to be sent up, or I could come down and get it. The guy took so long bringing the password that I fell asleep waiting.

This is a very ordinary hotel, and not really up to Crowne Plaza standards.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
CP-MgrGuestRelations, Manager Guest Relations at Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Ontheroadagain222

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Heathrow.

I am very sorry we did not meet your expectations this time. With regards to Wifi, IHG is working hard to implement complimentary wifi to all loyalty members which currently complimentary wifi is provided to Elite Gold and Platinum members and from July 2014, all members will be receiving the same benefit. Please accept my apologies on the delay in receiving the wifi code during your stay and I will discuss this further with the teams in order to provide a quicker service.

Manager Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
  • Greek first
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I are always so happy whenever we stay here as the staff are so fab!
The hotel itself has excellent connections to the airport, a nice bar/coffee area (Starbucks coffee) and 2 lovely restaurants.
We always find the rooms perfect, heat/air con fully user friendly & huge TV!
The beds are comfortable and the bathrooms well appointed and all of it immaculately clean.
A special mention to the waiter in the Orwells brasserie, he gave excellent advice on portion sizes and was friendly and attentive!
Reception staff are very efficient and make you feel welcomed and pleased you have stayed.
I simply cannot praise this hotel enough. My suggestion would be to upgrade to Club level if available as the club lounge tops it off nicely.
We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank clubeden1974
Dear Clubeden1974,

Thank you for your loyalty and review following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Heathrow.

I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and offerings, specially the friendliness of our Front desk, restaurant and club lounge staff members.

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Stayed here in Jan 2014 for 1 night in a room with 2 king size beds on the second floor. The room was a good size, the beds very comfortable but the outlook wasn't great but hardly worth a complaint. We used the health club steam, sauna, jacuzzi and pool which was crowded but great and we had a superb breakfast and added bonus of a 2pm check out which was perfect as we had a late night. All of this for £54 was an absolute bargain for a Saturday night.

Eat in the Eriki Indian Restaurant if you want great food but be prepared to pay a hefty premium for it.

Room Tip: Rooms on the fourth floor have a better outlook.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 956Jonno
Dear 956Jonno,

I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and offerings, specially the health club experience.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Stayed for one night after arriving late from a myriad of flights the previous 72 hours (stayed the previous month for exactly the same reason) before a leisure weekend in central London (didn't book a London hotel for fear of getting stranded at LHR when the tube shuts down at night, as flights on my route are often significantly delayed.)

Property is very conveniently situated just a couple of minutes away from LHR, either by HotelHoppa or taxi (taxi was about a tenner both stays.)

Upgraded both times with Platinum status to a Club Room with Club Lounge access - really nice, comfortable rooms with warm, welcoming decor, and a nice, clean bathroom. Club Lounge just as one would expect, with decent selection of soft drinks, coffees, teas, cookies and fruit. Also two desktop computers with high speed internet access, which was nice as it meant I didn't have to unpack my laptop and mess around with internet access codes just to check my Gmail. Open bar offered for a couple of hours in the evenings, but as with most hotel lounges, one has to be pretty flexible in terms of alcoholic drinks and brands!

Breakfast in the main restaurant was really nice, with all the standard hot and cold buffet items one would expect, and a good range of fresh fruits and yoghurts. The breakfast wait staff could've been a little speedier on delivering things, but that was a pretty minor complaint!

All in all, a great property in a very good location with really comfy beds, and clean, inviting rooms and bathrooms.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
CP-MgrGuestRelations, Manager Guest Relations at Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Dear HiltonEnthusiast101,

I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and offerings, specially the club lounge experience.

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We stayed here on 18th Jan and arrived very weary after travelling around 16 hours from India. The gentleman on Reception greeted us with a smile and checked us in without delay. We stayed in the top floor in a club room, so we had access to the Club Lounge which was a treat! There was a black tie do going on down stairs and we felt out of place so to have the lounge to have a drink and some snacks in out of the way was much appreciated. The staff in there were very friendly and helpful.
We came downstairs and had a drink and a sandwich in the bar which were both lovely and the service was seamless.
Breakfast was great too - the chef was very happy to be there! We had the full English which was just the ticket after our travels the day prior.
I would be more than happy to stay here again, and probably will do!!

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Club Room for access to the lounge if you want a nice quiet evening. It's worth t...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marie N
Dear Marie N,

I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and offerings, specially the club lounge experience and friendliness of our reception.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Stayed here as a getaway was disappointed as could not get any access to club lounge despite paying extra to upgrade to club room level. I was told that I was upgraded which was why I could not get access and advised the the receptionist that I paid extra for it. She could not understand what I was saying plus she said I had to be gold status to be eligible where it says nowhere that this was the case. I wasn't very happy. Plus on the breakfast mornings I was told it was not included where as it was as I had checked on my confirmation. Would like to stay again due to the location but must be prepared to do something great for me to do so!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank farah001
CP-MgrGuestRelations, Manager Guest Relations at Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Dear Farah001,

I am so sorry for your disappointing experience and please accept my apologies. I would like to investigate this further. Please contact me directly on lonha.guestrelations@ihg.com

Elite Platinum members are the only members to get complimentary upgrades depending on availability however they can always get access to the club lounge. Guests who pays for an upgrade regardless of their status are automatically entitled to have access to the club lounge where they can also have breakfast as part of the package.

I look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you again in the near future.

Kinlough, Ireland
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We booked this hotel as a Park, stay, and fly package, as we were returning late from our holidays and we wanted somewhere safe that we could leave our car without having to part with the keys.
We were pleasantly surprised when we discovered our "secret hotel " was the Crown Plaza at West Draton, so close to Terminal 5 and a quick hop on the rather expensive "hoppa bus"! I have to say we did not use many of the facilities, as we arrived late and just wanted to sleep. The room was spacious, modern, and had all the facilities we needed for a night. It was spotlessly clean, and even had a desk space where we could use the internet if required. (extra charge I think) but do check.

We were not ofait with the car check in procedure at the hotel. A quick email before arrival gave us clear instructions on what we needed to do. Everything was very straightforward, and we were very happy with the hotel, both for its attention to detail and their helpful manner at reception and for communication.
The Hoppa bus calls at all of the hotels and is just a bit cheaper than a taxi if there are only two of you, however if you are a family you might well think the taxi route is cheaper. £4.50 each way for a short and quite tedious journey, calling at several hotels along the way. Some may say you will need patience with this expensive bus, but the shareholders of Hoppa bus must be rubbing their hands with glee!.

Room Tip: Leave plenty of time if your travelling on the Hoppa bus"
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank denc
Dear Denc,

I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and offerings, specially the helpful and pleasant manner by our reception staff.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Drayton
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow? Share your experiences!