“GOOD LOCATION” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“GOOD LOCATION”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

We stayed here as a park and stay deal for our new years eve trip to New York. The staff at reception were most helpful, the room was clean. We used the restaurant in the evening, which was reasonable . The hopper bus was a great help for transferring to the airport and back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CPGuestRelations, Manager Guest Relations at Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Dear Harty52,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Heathrow.

I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel facilities and offerings, specially the friendliness of our reception staff.

Manager Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (409)
  • Greek first
Colchester
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

We often use the park and stay facilities around airports and the Crowne Plaza was one that we had not tried before. Reception was quite efficient but there was no help with the luggage which would have been useful especially in the wild weather and the door staff were watching from the lobby. Once the cases were unloaded then came the drive around the hotel to the long stay parking area. If you have a car that is low to the ground be careful of the speed bumps as they are made for buses not cars!

The room was comfortable and had all that you would expect. We booked the evening buffet meal and that was wholesome and varied, just what you need before a journey. Breakfast was plentiful and you needed your experienced hunter gatherer skills as the buffet was slightly illogical in layout. The cutlery was not very clean. Plenty of tea and toast to fill up on. The Hoppa bus was very quick from this hotel - a big plus.

On our return the car was in one piece in spite of the roaring gales if covered in deep leaves and twigs. The reception was very efficient and the door staff actually helped us off the premises - well just about.

Location is excellent, car park OK and room fine. Look for the bargain deal and you'll be happy

Room Tip: Always opt for non smoking and get first floor if possible away from noise
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear LazyT,

I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel facilities and park stay go option, specially the friendliness and efficiency of our staff. Your feedback is very important and has been shared with the relevant departments.

Huntingdon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza at West Drayton as part of a Coach Party tour. 2 nights departing on 02 Jan 2014. There were 3 other coach parties amounting to about 200 people.There were also many other clients. In summary, it was a busy place.
Fortunately, it was blessed by competent, patient and helpful staff.
Rooms were very good but a little tired in decor, fittings and furnishing. Certainly very good except for nit-picking trivia.
Food was good but not piping hot, plates were cold. Breakfast and dinner were of the self service sort. It could have been hot if provided fresh in smaller quantities rather that a big amount left out for a long time. I tend to like my food hot on plates sufficiently warm for enjoyment for the 20 minutes or so on table. The calories and the variety were there.
Overall, the hotel was excellent but with minor weaknesses.
Despite proximity to Heathrow, neither road traffic noise nor aircraft intruded.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear MacGotraid,

I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel facilities and offerings, specially the efficiency of our staff. Your feedback is very important and has been shared with the relevant departments.

Lewes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

I stayed here for one night on the 30th December in preparation for an early flight the next morning.

Travelling with a lot of luggage (8 guitars, equipment, suitcases), I really could have used the help of the doorman who I have complained about before, who at one point refused to offer his assistance, and told me I was being selfish by using the luggage room.

Reception staff were fantastic, check in was superbly straight forward.

The concierge was very helpful in arranging the delivery of an incredibly important package before my arrival.

Maybe I'm too British, but the nonexistence of any queuing system in place at both the concierge and reception desks led all the guests to become pretty primal against one another.

My rooms had well and truly started to look tired and dated, but it was still pleasant, clean and functional.

I tried to eat in the restaurant, but the lack of any real vegetarian options other than salads led me to the room service menu instead, which was fantastic. I really don't understand why any of those options are considered in the restaurant which would have been much more pleasant.

The staff in the bar had no idea or form of control, the waitress who served me had no idea what I meant by "whiskey", so that took 5 minutes of explaining, meanwhile the place is overrun with screaming, frantic children (at 10pm), with parents who didn't care, and staff who were too afraid to do anything about it.

So, I've gone from loving this hotel to feeling pretty torn about it... not sure if I'll stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank hjpkt
Dear Harry P

Thank you for your loyalty and review following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Heathrow.

I am pleased that you continue to enjoy most aspects of our hotel and offerings, specially the friendliness and efficiency of our staff. I have also noted your disappointment in certain areas where we failed you, therefore please accept my deepest apologies. Should you wish to discuss your stay further, please contact me on lonha.guestrelations@ihg.com

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

Booked and stayed at CP Heathrow the night before an early flight out for Christmas. Its easy enough to get to due to the hotel buses that run every 30 minutes from the airport and the hotel and for £7 who can complain???

On arrival it was quite impressive with all the Christmas displays and a friendly Concierge greeting people as they come in offering help with luggage. Checking in was simple but could have been done so much better. There was no offer of breakfast timings, where to find the lifts, when dinner is served or where the health spa was located.
After arriving in my room I was pleasantly surprised with the size of the room. Lovely and spacious and extremely quiet which was good. After settling I went and explored the hotel to find the spa and grab a drink in the bar. On my way back to my room I noticed that there were still a lot of items in the corridor that needed clearing.

The health spa was great and staff were amazingly friendly. The pool, hot tub and the sauna were well worth the hour spent relaxing.

The rest of the stay was great. Wake up call was received (twice????) and I checked out without any hassle and just in time to catch the bus back to the airport.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear Cindoz

I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel facilities and offerings, specially the friendliness of our staff. Your feedback is very important and has been shared with the relevant departments.

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

(The Who)

My wife and I stayed at the Crowne Plaza, Heathrow before and after a recent trip to Abu Dhabi. On our outward journey we had booked the 'room and parking' package, while on the return I used some loyalty points.

On both visits the check-in was fast, efficient, friendly and, dare I say it? Cheery! My thanks to Beth and Oliver for restoring my faith in human nature. We also received upgrades to'Club' rooms, with lounge access which was most welcome after a long journey. We met interesting people and enjoyed some stimulating conversations.

On our first stay we enjoyed dinner in the 'Orwells' restaurant, the plank steaks were delicious and, for the most part, tender - mine was a bit scraggy in one corner, but these things happen. The dismissive response from the chef when I expressed my disappointment is a minor negative aspect, perhaps he was having a bad night.

We also enjoyed a drink in "Dr O'Driscolls" bar on our 'outward' stay, and were slightly disappointed to find it closed on our return visit.

The rooms, yes, they're a little bit tired, but they're comfortable and well appointed, nothing to complain about.

Our only complaint, and hence the title of this review, are the Crowne Plaza's amazing vanishing bell boys.

I have never experienced, in a hotel of this quality, bell-boys who are so quick to disappear. Guests were forced to take the luggage gondolas to take their own baggage to and from their rooms, and when we found the gondolas missing and the bell boys nowhere to be found, had to drag our baggage to and from our bedrooms.

That complaint notwithstanding, for an airport hotel the Crowne Plaza does the job, and does it well; I wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

Room Tip: Get a room close to the lifts, in case you have to carry your own luggage!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BobtheBrit
Dear BobtheBrit

I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel facilities and offerings, specially the friendliness of our staff Beth and Oliver. Your feedback is very important and has been shared with relevant department and with regards to the Bell Boy, on your return to our hotel, if you do not see them, please ask reception to arrange this for you as they could be delivering other luggage to other guests, hence why the luggage trolley could not be seen.

Seattle, Washington, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

I stayed solo at the Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow for 4 nights due to business at Stockley Park near Heathrow. I only had access to public transportation during my time here, which was a bit of a pain as not much access for that around the hotel. There are no restaurants or markets near the hotel, so I had to rely on breakfast and dinners at the hotel. If I were just staying here so I could catch a flight the next day, then it would have been fine. The food was fine, though prices very high and not good value. Wifi is very expensive, luckily the receptionist was very kind to me providing me a voucher. The room itself was excellent. It was large, clean, and a big, firm bed which was perfect for my bad back. There is self-service laundry available to guests on the 1st floor (2nd for Americans). Just call Housekeeping if you need detergent. I took the Hoppa bus for 4-5 pounds from Heathrow Terminal 5. For some reason the last stop was at the Novotel across the street rather to directly to the Crowne Plaza Heathrow, even though the Hoppa sign said it went to Crowne Plaza Heathrow. It was a pain to walk to the hotel from there. Ask the bus driver if they drop off directly at the hotel before getting on.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Rico G,

I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel facilities and offerings. However you did not enjoy some aspects regarding location. There are a number of small restaurants and pubs near by which some of them collects you by car free of charge or walking distance. Please see our Concierge/Guest Services team for further information when returning to our hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Drayton
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4
Sofitel London Heathrow
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow? Share your experiences!