“Excellent all rounder”

Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Stayed here for one night in readiness for a business meeting. The business suite was fantastic and catered for us all perfectly.

The food in the restaurant was of a high standard and reasonably priced with attentive waiting staff - knowledgeable about any changes to the menu and able to offer substitutions via the chef.

The room was clean, quiet and well presented. All the staff were polite and courteous. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank HungryRik
Ronan A, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear HungryRik,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Heathrow.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our facilities, had a successful business experience and meeting, high standards of restaurant food and friendliness of our staff. I will pass your comments that will make the team really happy and keep them motivated to deliver great service.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Stayed two nights at this hotel and although the photos and marketing material make it look great, there are some drawbacks. First, the bed is not comfortable at all. I would compare it to a "hide-a-way" roll out type bed (flimsy mattress) and not at all comfortable. Second, I have a real issue with a hotel that charges the equivalent of nearly $39 for two days of Internet service! What a JOKE! I have never been charged this amount of money for Internet service at any hotel I have stayed at in the past (including many different hotels across Europe). Lastly, the food in the bar was fair to average (and very, very expensive) and the staff at this hotel were just average in their approach to customer service. On a positive note, the hotel does have a nice pool/spa workout area (however it was quite dirty when I visited). They also have no complimentary shuttle service to and from Heathrow so be prepared to pay about $6 each way for a shuttle that stops at multiple hotels before reaching the Crowne Plaza. And if you don't have a car, you will have to take a bus (with about 15 stops) before you reach the first tube station. Anyway, this is not a hotel that I would ever re-visit in the future.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Calguysactown,

Please accept my apologies for the shortcomings that you had encountered. This is by no means the standard of service and facilities we aim to provide, and I am only sorry that your overall impression has been marred by these.

Please do contact me directly should you wish to discuss this matter further.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

We stayed here on the night before our flight. Check in was lovely and friendly, they offered us a later check out time as our flight was later.
The rooms were very clean as was the bathroom, there were some toiletries supplied.
Wifi was expensive, you could have it for 1 hour at £5 but we had it for 24 and that cost £26 quite steep.
The buffet breakfast was very nice, a choice of hot and cold food. The hot food was cooked well and very tasty.
I would have no hesitation in staying here again.

Room Tip: They are all good
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Ronan A, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

Dear Sandra A

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our facilities, efficiency of check in process and friendliness of our staff. I will pass your comments that will make the team really happy and keep them motivated to deliver great service.

With regards to the Internet, the cost is £16 for 24hrs and not £26. However from July 2013, Gold and Platinum Priority members will have complimentary internet and from 2014 all other members will enjoy this benefit as well.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

We stayed here the night before going to America using the Park and Fly service. The room we were allocated was large,clean and comfortable. On our return from holiday we checked in for one night prior to our return home. Unfortunately during that night my husband was taken ill. The Duty Manager, Marisa, quickly called an ambulance to take him to the nearest hospital. He spent the next 11 days there before transferring back to a hospital nearer our home in Somerset. During my unplanned extended stay at the Crowne Plaza I could not have received more care and support from Marissa and all the staff I met at this excellent hotel. It was an extremely busy time for a full hotel but everyone found time to make sure I was all right.
Whether you are travelling for business or pleasure I would highly recommend this hotel to all.
THANK YOU TO CROWNE PLAZA - LONDON HEATHROW

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Shirley E,

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our facilities, park stay and go process and friendliness of our staff. I will pass your comments that will make the team really happy and keep them motivated to deliver great service. I also remember you and your husband very well as we helped him in your daughters car. I will pass your comments to Marisa who will be very pleased as she was close to you during this unfortunate time.

I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future and I hope your husband is recovering well.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

We stayed here on the 20th of April before our trip to San Francisco the next day. We had the park an fly package which was great as your car is left in the hotel car park for the duration of your trip. There is a choice of shuttle bus for £4.00 pp (Pre buy your tickets in the hotel or it's £4.50 pp on the bus) which pulls right up outside the front door or the hotel will get you a taxi for £11.00. We used the taxi which took 10 minutes to terminal 3. The hotel staff were very polite and friendly and checked us in quickly to our room which upon entering we found to be spotless throughout.It had everything you would need including tea and coffee and a nice selection of toiletries in the bathroom. We had upgraded to the executive floor which gave us access to the exec lounge, Good value as you get free drinks (alcohol after 6.00pm) and nibbles also free continental breakfast on weekdays but on weekends you get free breakfast buffet in the main restaurant. It has a great selection of food which we really enjoyed and set us up for our day.
The hotel has a spa with swimming pool that we did not use so cannot comment on it.
Overall a great hotel with great staff and would without doubt stay here anytime.

Room Tip: If you can afford it and get it at a good rate upgrade to the executive floor it's well worth it...
1  Thank steve1503

Dear steve1503,

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our facilities, park stay and go process and friendliness of our staff. I will pass your comments that will make the team really happy and keep them motivated to deliver great service. The executive lounge is indeed a great choice with great offerings. Your comments will definitely help other readers.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

What a wonderful experience. We found this hotel as an undercover park and fly and were highly impressed by the staff courtesy/helpfulness. We arrived about 17.30, and were in our room five minutes later after a really speedy check in by staff who really knew what they were doing. They even provided a bus timetable to get us to the airport on time. The room was clean, well presented and modern. We were joined by family in the evening for a meal, which we had in the on site pub. It was well prepared, delicious and extremely good value for money - not the usual Heathrow rip off prices! As a bonus, our guests, who had "used the hotel facilities" had their parking ticket validated free of charge. At the end of our holiday, car collection was a breeze. We will be making this our hotel of choice for future trips from Heathrow

Dear sillingworth,

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our facilities, park stay and go process. It is also great to know you had a very efficient check in and found our staff courteous, helpful and friendly. I will pass your comments that will make the team really happy and keep them motivated to deliver great service. In addition is great to know that your friends had an enjoyable time and also got their comp parking ticket.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Booked here for just one night and two weeks parking. We parked up no problem and the car park was not huge so felt a bit safer. We took the Hoppa bus to the airport as recommended. On return after two relaxing weeks this was a final unexpected treat. Normally when you book a deal such as this you get the most basic room with no extras what so ever. Here we had all the beverage choices, toiletries, a mini bar option and a really lovely room. Had a great nights sleep in a very comfy bed and heard no noise what so ever. The staff were really helpful and friendly especially the luggage porters who we didn't use but who chatted to us in the lobby. We didn't have breakfast as we werent keen to pay that much but the dining area looked good. We often fly out of Heathrow and will defiantly use this hotel again. Really nice experience.

1  Thank JoLeicester

Dear JoLeicester,

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our facilities, park stay and go process and friendliness of our staff. I will pass your comments, specially to the Porters, that will make the team really happy and keep them motivated to deliver great service.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Drayton
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Park Inn by Radisson Hotel & Conference Centre London Heathrow

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow? Share your experiences!