“Solid four-star hotel for business travellers”

Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Moscow, Russia
“Solid four-star hotel for business travellers”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

My wife and I only stayed at the Crowne Plaza because we obtained an excellent rate at the last minute. Paying the rack rate as a personal cost would simply not have been worth it. That's why the lobby was full of business travellers on corporate accounts, including a large number of aircrews and cabin staff. Plus points included its location, just off junction 4 of the M4 (one of the easiest of the Heathrow airport hotels to find), a clean and comfortable room (ours was a good 4-star standard) and a good buffet breakfast (I don't agree with a recent reviewer on this count - our experience was that there was plenty of choice and everything was well cooked and presented, as befits a 4-star hotel). Minus points were the view over a forest of airconditioning units from our second floor room (probably our penalty for having booked at a cheap rate) and all the extra charges, which I resent. Why do non-budget hotels like the CP behave like budget airlines and charge for every little extra that should be standard? We were charged for the car parking, buffet breakfast and for an espresso coffee at breakfast. I believe that Wi-fi in the room is also extra. We have awarded the CP a score of 4 out of 5 because it proved to be good value for good accommodation. Had we not obtained a heavily discounted (by 68%) rate, it would have been worth only an average score of 3 out of 5.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Ronan A, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear PeterfromEngland,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Heathrow.

I am pleased to hear that you have enjoyed the facilities and breakfast choices.

I am sorry to hear due to lower rate some services were not included in your rate. However I would like to point out that internet will be complimentary for all gold and platinum members from July 2013 and further changes will take place later in the year for other tier members. Crowne Plaza is part of the IHG hotels and the tiers are easily reachable.

Ronan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
  • Greek first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Like most Heathrow hotels, the is an old tired building. Inside it is dirty and dated. The rooms are average, but not what you would expect from a Crowne Plaza. Premier inn on Bath Road is cheaper and nicer.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JamesShelley
Dear JamesShelley

I am sorry we have not met your expectations and you found some challenges during your stay. We are proud to have high standards and surprised that you found our hotel dirty.

If you would like to discuss this further, please contact me directly.

Luton, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We had stayed at the Crowne Plaza Heathrow several times before and the last visit was quite disappointing but as we were flying from Heathrow we decided to stay the night before our flight.

We booked a Club Room and we received a very good welcome at check in and we were given a room on the Club Floor, The room was pleasantly furnished with a comfortable bed, large flat screen TV, tea/coffee facilities, a small seating area and a selection of magazines. The bathroom was on the small side but the shower was powerful and there was a good range of toiletries.

On a previous visit the Club Room had been very disappointing but our current visit was definitely an improvement with all of the staff being attentive and proactive with a good selection of soft drinks available during the day and at night during happy hour there was a good selection of drinks and snacks but a meagre offering of canapés brought to the table.

Breakfast was not available in the Club Room but instead we ate in the main restaurant and the food was very good.

A very good stay and an improvement since our previous visit.

1 Thank paullegate
Ronan A, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Dear Paullegate

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Heathrow and your loyalty.

I am pleased to here that you have noticed the improvement and efficiency of our services. I am really glad to hear how you continue to enjoy our hotel facilities and club room.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Visited Crowne Plaza once again on a short trip to London. It was a great experience and also for my visitors who could meet me in he lounge and enjoy a sumptuous meal at hotel's Indian restaurant. Staff was as usual very courteous and one felt welcome.

Room Tip: Use rooms closer to lift or else you might have to walk quite a distance
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Singhkjmr

Thank you for your excellent review following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Heathrow and your loyalty.

Thank you for acknowledging our staff for their efficient service. I am really glad to hear how you continue to enjoy our hotel facilities, specially the attention of our staff.

Coral Springs, Florida
Reviewed March 20, 2013

No better hotel at Heathrow airport in my opinion. Excellent food, very nice and large rooms and accommodating staff. About five minutes from the terminal. Note there is no airport shuttle to this hotel, but not a problem to catch a cab, or save money and take the hotel shuttle buss that stops at several properties. Food in the lobby bar was very good and beer was cold. I will use this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Ronan A, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Wayne G

Thank you for your excellent review following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Heathrow.

Thank you for acknowledging our staff for their efficient service. I am really glad to hear how you enjoyed the hotel facilities, specially the food and proximity to the airport.

I'm sure your excellent review on the hotel will be much appreciated by your fellow travellers.

UK
Reviewed March 19, 2013

This was our second stay at The Crowne Plaza - the first having been good enough to warrant the repeat booking. We were on the Club floor, so this means complementary canapes and house drinks and breakfast in the morning, as well as a lovely room and what we had previously found to be a relaxing lounge to chill out in before a long haul flight.

But our arrival didn't augur well and warning bells should have sounded pretty quickly. The entrance was just a little bit devoid of all ornament other than a couple of slightly big and scary guests drinking beer out of cans, but there was a welcoming receptionist with a smile and an efficient manner, who checked us in and sent us off up to our Club room on the fourth floor.

Arriving late-ish and looking forward to the trip next day, I didn't want to spoil our expectant hopeful mood, so I didn't moan about the brown, depressing room we'd been given and the smell of illicit tobacco smoke. But my heart did sink. The Crowne Plaza isn't a budget hotel. So the shabby carpets and the old dark furniture should have been recycled a decade ago. The ashtray-smelling curtains were beyond recycling. But I wish I had asked to change rooms immediately instead of putting a brave face on it. The smell seemed to increase through the night, and by morning, I felt my hair and clothes absolutely reeked of cigarettes. Pretty disgusting.

The bathroom too was poor - the over-bath shower leaked and soaked the floor, despite my best efforts to contain the water.

OK Room 101 it wasn't, but it was still pretty close to Communist Bloc standards.

The lounge too was a disappointment this time. Loud eclectic jazz (not everyone's cup of tea) competing with the permanently switched on TV and other guests' iPhone music. Night and morning. In the evening, we missed out on the canapés by five minutes because we occupied the attendant with trying to sort out our WiFi connection, and then it was 'too late for food'. Morning was a little better: breakfast was quite nice.

Ah well.

Room Tip: Not Room 4254.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Stormfever,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. I'm glad to hear you found our front desk staff agent to be efficient. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. Most importantly, please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had because of the bathroom conditions. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. We hope that you take the time to stop in for a visit soon to see how we have taken every comment very seriously in order to make your future stays with us as pleasant as possible.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Crowne Plaza at Heathrow provided us with a very comfortable overnight stay and car
parking whilst away. Large very clean and well-appointed room on ground floor, bathroom with bath and shower. Staff very friendly and helpful and a particularly warm welcome from Michelle on check-in on our arrival. Breakfast was excellent and the restaurant was very well managed.

Dear Elizabeth P,

Thank you for acknowledging our staff for their efficient service including the restaurant service. I will pass your excellent comments to our staff, specially Michelle who will really be delighted.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Drayton
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow? Share your experiences!