“Excellent airport hotel”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
UK
“Excellent airport hotel”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

travel abroad frequently for work and because we live in the west country that often means an overnight stay at a hotel that is convenient for Heathrow. Last weekend I travelled with my wife and we decided to try the Crowne Plaza instead of the hotel I usually use. I'm a convert. The room was pleasant and the service was excellent - particularly from Ann on the guest relations desk who was helpful and charming. We really enjoyed our meal in the Indian restaurant and I found time to swim in the pool.
The only downside was that the bed, although comfortable, was very hot ( I assume because of synthetic bedding )and we would have preferred it to be a bit larger - although when I travel alone I don't think that this will be such an issue. I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Ronan A, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Supermoishe,

I was very pleased to read you would stay again at our hotel and that you and had a great experience, especially relaxing at the swimming pool your meal at the 'Eriki' Indian restaurant. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

I will also pass your nice comments to our Ann at Guest Services who will be delighted.

Ronan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
  • Greek first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 12, 2013

The hotel was beautiful, and the brekkie was an unexpected treat. It would most certainly have been 5 stars had we not had a bad experience in other ways. First of all, it mentions nowhere on the website about any kind of transport disturbance (in this instance no tube service on most of the Heathrow Route resulting in three tubes and a bus replacement from St Pancras), it also didn't mention a £14 charge for the two of us by shuttle bus from the airport either (taking another 25 minutes). In total it took 3 hours to get there and 2.5 hours to get to and from St Pancras to the hotel.

We had chosen this hotel due to the pool and jacuzzi, both were closed during our stay with no mention on the website. Had we known this we would have stayed in Central London at Crowne Plaza the City- much easier to get to, same price, no pool.

The room was lovely even though we were not eligiable for an upgrade due to requesting two beds (We are Platinum Priority Club Customers). There was only one robe in the room, two small cartons of milk and one pack of biscuits- small things but not the 100% class of service I expect from a Crowne Plaza.

The decor was gorgeous, the brekfast was faultless and the room service was ok. The club lounge was closed much of the time (first Crowne Plaza I have known this) but was fine when open and we weren't offered a paper in the morning.

I mentioned all of the above on check out with 'Becky' who merely handed me a trip advisor business card. Not fantastic customer service.

Room Tip: Be prepared for a long journey if using public transport and the extra expense of transfer fees. The...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Claire S,

Thank you so much for your review.

I am very sorry for your disappointment and that your expectations were not met.

With regards to the transfer shuttles, this is a service from National Express which costs £7 return if purchased at the Hotel desk or at the National Express ticket machine. I do appreciate your comments about the London Tube disruptions and we will ensure this is advertised in future.

With regards to the swimming pool closure, at time this is out of our control and we cant predict when it would be closed. Most common reason for the closure is involving health and safety if there is a spillage.

If you would like to discuss your experience further, please contact me directly so I can investigate further.

Orlando
Reviewed February 11, 2013

What a great hotel. Great check in, very fast and prompt. The room was amazing and super clean. The bed was actually a king bed and had a beautiful wrap around desk and wonderfully large upscale bathroom. Will definitely stay here again when back in London.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Joseph G

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Heathrow.

I was very pleased to read that you had an excellent stay with us and enjoyed all facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

KSA
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We were stuck in transit in London due to travel complications and were forced to stay for 2 night at this Crowne Plaza. Michelle and her ENTIRE staff (including the housekeeping) were unbelievably kind and helpful throughout our stressful experience with our travel situation. They not only made us feel extremely welcomed within their hotel but London in general. They were accommodating in everything we needed and beyond. Whether it was the nightly rates, service from the business center, food, transportation inquires/parking, entertainment for our 2 yr old son, and the list goes on and on. London is quite expensive but the staff did what they could to help us save on expenses and made us feel we were on a short vacation not stranded in London! In summary, awesome staff, food, comfort and accommodation. I now want to plan a family vacation back to London, and when we do, we will make sure to stay at this hotel. God Bless you all and thanks again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear T I

Thank you for acknowledging our staff for their efficient service (specially Michelle) and I'm sure your useful advice on the hotel location and transportation much appreciated by your fellow travellers

I will pass your nice comments to our Michelle and all involved who will really be delighted.

Guest Relations Manager
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Parking - it cost £12 on top of room charge for a single evening, I only found that out when I checked in. Breakfast is extra, they'll charge you £15 extra for it when you check in. Restaurants - there is something to suit most tastes - Indian, British, Irish pub food, and the gift shop sells snacks (you wouldn't want to eat the snacks in the room, they are very expensive - £4 for a tiny glass jar of peanuts. WIFI - they'll charge you £5/hour for it - in your room or in public areas. There is a communal desktop computer, but again, it is £5 to access the internet on it. You can get 3G on your iPhone etc, so use that if you need to check emails on your phone. It worked ok.

Fitness centre - the gym really needs a refit. It is in a fairly small room, with old carpets, and it had a sweaty stale smell on entering the room :( There were no spray bottles to clean equipment when you finished using it, so imagine the bacteria on the machines?!

Swimming pool - was nice, a good temperature, a good size. The sauna, jacuzzi, steam room and pool were in the same location - they were full of people with full-body tattoos and extremely tight/ small/ revealing swimwear - I found out that the hotel sells fitness memberships to the public, so it was full of non-hotel-guests. The changing room showers were covered in heavy limescale - on the walls and on the faucets etc.

The hotel room: quiet room, could not hear planes at all, so I had a very good sleep. Lovely big room, nice bathroom with a bath. Don't expect a view, mine was of the heating system in the car park. The room had it's own digital temp thermostat - so the room was lovely and warm. The bed and pillow were comfortable, good quality. The TV had a fault - the signal kept cutting out...but I was still able to watch a program, albeit missed a bit of it due to signal problems. Would I stay there again? probably not - only due to the fact I would like to enjoy the leisure facilities without having the general public in there in all their Arsenal tattoos/ piercings/speedo/ gorilla-esque-hairy-bodies glory.

Staff - only met staff at checkin and checkout - they were ok.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Heathrowbusiness

Thank you very much for sharing your opinion about your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London-Heathrow.

I am pleased to hear that some aspects of your stay was good however I am concerned about some of the points you have raised.

Please contact me directly so we discuss some of the points you have raised.

Florida City, Florida
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I met friends there last night in the bar. We had a great time and service was AWESOME. But, I had front desk grab me a taxi (they contacted the porter I think), who must had called a "friend". It was about 8.30pm. It took 5mins for him to come to hotel.

I was only going to Hayes and Harlington Station which cost me 7 pounds to come from via cab 3 hours earlier. The hotel booked cab took me to Hayes and Harlington railway station but the cabbie ripped me off - charged me 14 pounds. I thought 7 pound for 1.1 miles was bad enough but this was virtually theft. The hotel should not use this company.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Fran_0007
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Dear Fran_0007,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am happy you found our hotel services commendable. We are continually striving to improve the hospitality we offer, and comments from our guests are always welcome. I would like to express my sincere apologies for the issues you experienced with the cab that was booked for you and for the inconvenience this has invariably caused you. I appreciate the feedback that we receive as this is crucial for us to improve the services that we offer. Rest assured that your comments have been documented and will certainly be looked into.

Once again, thank you for alerting us and bringing these unsatisfactory circumstances to our attention. I hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
London
Reviewed January 27, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at this hotel a night before we flew out to Los Angeles and had a fantastic time.

The rooms were clean, large and well maintained.

The food at the restaurant was expensive but nice and the beer selection was good as well.

Getting to it was a bit of a problem, my girlfriend went via Heathrow airport on the shuttle bus which she said was expensive and took a long time. I went via Hayes station and got a cab which was much quicker and only cost about £8-10.

Fully reccomend this hotel especially if you can get it via an expedia deal.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Ronan A, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear NPalma,

Thank you so much for your great review.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, our location and facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future and appreciate your recommendation.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Drayton
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow? Share your experiences!