“Good hotel.”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Daventry, United Kingdom
“Good hotel.”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Got this reservation through lastminute.com for under 50 pounds. Great value and being a priority club member we were offered a superior room. Excellent airport stay. I thought breakfast was pricey but they always are at 4 star hotels. The spa was nice, spacious pool and a nice size jacuzzi. If you can get this cheap then I would definitely recommend it otherwise it's an average 4 star hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Ronan A, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear JulyAid,

Thank you so much for your review.

I am glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay and enjoyed the facilities and what our Spirit Health Club has to offer.

Ronan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (426)
  • Greek first
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed January 20, 2013

When travelling via/to LHR I usually stay in the small Heathrow Novotel just a 2 minute walk across the road, but this time their pricing forced me to shop around. The Heathrow Crowne Plaza had good prices on offer. I'd also crossed over there to eat a few times. Overall the stay was average with some minor annoyances:

The executive hotel room I booked on the Club floor was rather tired and used, which was visible especially in the bathroom. The Club lounge had a bit of a smell of sweat and stained chairs as well as rather bad (lift) music. Annoyingly the advertised free Wifi in the Club lounge had very high latency and a throughput of 2kB/s, ie. unusable. The staff was trying really hard to make the best of their Club lounge, but still very tired and not very comfy. The promised canapés were not to be seen either. Most of the Club lounge's staff's English was pretty incomprehensible (don't get me wrong - I'm not the ignorant type; I travel a lot and communicate over language barriers a lot - I'd just expect staff in an English multiple star Airport hotel to speak English). On the upside: the selection of free drinks was great!

Staff at Breakfast, reception and booking were friendly and breakfast was alright.

The hotel WLAN was disconnecting every quarter of an hour and the WLAN package (GBP 16/ 24h) had to rebooked every time. I was a bit scared I'd have a dozen WLAN day rates on my room in the morning - but they subtracted them off the bill at checkout.

One very positive thing I'd like to thank the staff for: I met some colleagues in the morning (from outside the hotel). The Club lounge staff let us in and went out of their way in the morning to look after us during our meeting!

All in all, alright for a night in transit if the price is right.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Nighttrain_FRA-L

Thank you so much for your review.

I am glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay however you have encountered other aspects that were disappointing and I am sorry to hear them. We have a genuinely friendly team who want to ensure a great stay. I will pass your comments to the Club Lounge for making your stay somewhat better.

If you would like to discuss some of the negative aspects of your stay, please contact me directly.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 4 nights through the end of 2012 promotion, and was close to work.
We had an awful experience which we`ll not wish happens to others.
1.Room was cold at night and had disturbed sleep on all nights
2.Bed had only a summer duvet and pillows were uncomfortable
3.Bathroom had no heater and towel-heaters. Although sign encourages to re-use the towels, difficult to do so in practice, especially when damp
4.Room was close to road and very noisy during the night, especially when the Heathrow connect bus passing
5.Food and drink were ridiculously over-priced. Breakfast for 2 would set you back around £40-simply ridiculous as food quality were not that great. In fact, pints of Guinness ordered with blackcurrant top had over 25% syrup...A bottle of 50cl Evian was set at £3.00 in the room minibar: you could get a pack of 6 from Sainsbury`s was £1.12 promotional price!
6.The gym was small and often packed with locals. Steam room very stinky and seemed unhygienic.
7.Hotel lobby always full of airline crew and luggage

Room Tip: Avoid if you can- Hilton Double Tree may be a better option.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Ronan A, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Dhan C,

Thank you so much for your review.

I am very sorry for your disappointment and that your expectations were not met.

If you would like to discuss your experience further, please contact me directly.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I can see that the location of this place is what attracts the clientele - you see a lot of air hostesses and pilots coming in and out. That said, as a hotel, it isnt too bad. The conference facilities are pretty good and the staff seem pretty efficient throughout.

The rooms are of a good size, although the bathrooms, if all the same, are looking a little tired. Unfortunately the heating in the hotel is lacking somewhat, in fact it wasnt working and apaprently they plan an upgrade soon - i just hope they mean that - i had to have a heater brought up and i love a cold room, but that was a bit much.

The bar and restaurant serve reasonable food, certainly nothing special - but ok. The indian restaurant is a very pleasant suprise and the food was pretty good - ok it's no spectacle, but it was a pleasant change from typical hotel food.

Breakfast is adequate, it's all self service but they will cook you an egg as you choose or omlette.

The gym is ok, nothing more nothing less - it could do with air con, but lets hope the whole heating thing will resolve that. Again it just looks a bit tired.

Parking is ample - unfortunately i dont know the price, but it looks like people park here and fly off on holiday - maybe an extra source of income for the hotel - who can blame them!

Room Tip: I dont think there is much difference to be honest - maybe just ask for a quiet one!
Dear 773RBL

Thank you so much for your review.

I am glad to hear you had a pleasant stay including the conference facilities and friendliness of staff, however I am sorry to hear some negative aspects of your stay.

If you would like to discuss this further, please contact me directly.

New Westminster, B.C.
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We booked through a last minute hotel booking agent so we were quite happy with the cost of this hotel and its amenities. The room was quite spacious and easily accommodated 3 adults.

The restaurant had the usual fairly steep hotel restaurant prices. The lounge was very chic and the staff there were great. The staff at the front desk were quite helpful as well. I cannot imagine paying the sticker price for one of these rooms but we felt we got a great deal and had a fantastic experience while staying there.

Once again the location was excellent for our morning flight from Heathrow. It is not close to any tube stations so I don't think it would be useful if you were looking to use it as a base to see London.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear JPNewWest,

Thank you so much for your review.

I am glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay and found our location convenient. We have a genuinely friendly team who want to ensure a great stay. I will pass your comments to the service staff and front desk.

Guadiaro, Spain
Reviewed January 17, 2013

As a regular traveller and user of this hotel I do not usually look too carefully at what is happening but this week the "tired look" in the room corridors and the rooms seemed to stand out. Decorating was taking place on the ground floor and the paint smell was very concentrated. The Executive floor corridors looked dull and uninviting with a stale "tobacco-like" smell.
Bar area was clean and service efficient and it is hoped that the decorating will reach the fourth floor shortly (but without the paint smell!)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Pavakeal,

Thank you so much for your review.

I am very sorry for your disappointment and that some aspects of your stay did not meet your expectations. I am glad to hear that you did enjoy the bar service efficiency.

It is very important to us to keep our hotel fresh and up to date hence we do have to do certain maintenance work which at times can't cause some inconvenience however we do try to keep it to a minimum.

Thanks again and I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

London
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stayed prior to a trip and had stayed at the hotel on previous trips given its proximity to the airport.

On check in we were advised that their key-making machine was down but, as we were staying in a club room, could go to the club lounge where they would be able to issue us with a key. So, off we went up to the Club floor and got to the lounge only to find there was noone on duty so noone to cut a key. So off we went back down with our bags to the desk who had now got their machine working. Not really very good but we let it go.

The room was acceptable but it was starting to show signs of wear. The biggest disappointment was the bed which, compared to other 4* hotels, was not what I was expecting in relation to levels of comfort. The under-sheet had also not been tucked in and on one side was far too short so wouldn't even touch the bottom of the bed to tuck. This wasn't acceptable but given we didn't discover this until we were going to bed there was no way I was going to get up and complain.

Given these negatives I'm pleased to say there are still some good things going for the hotel. The club lounge is well appointed at the attendant during canape's and cocktail hour was very attentive and took time to engage with each of the guests. The downstairs Bar/Lounge serves some great tasting reasonably priced food and I'd recommend it over their main restaurant, 'Orwells' for price and selection of food.

Overall, I think the rooms need updating, especially the beds which in my opinion are deserving of the skip. The other parts of this hotel are very well looked after and the service from staff is, on the whole, very good.

Will I stay again, possibly not. Especially considering newer rivals pitched at around the same price bracket and aiming at the same market are now on the scene e.g. Hilton T5. At least there I can be assured of a decent bed!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Ronan A, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Ldnlad25

Thank you so much for your review.

I am very sorry for your disappointment and that some aspects of your stay did not meet your expectations. I am glad to hear though there were a number of positives to your stay.

If you would like to discuss your disappointment further, please contact me directly.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Drayton
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, Jct. 4

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow? Share your experiences!